4.0 out of 5 stars Not my first Panasonic DVDR
Circa March 2014
I needed to replace Sony with a worn out DVD Drive, the HDD was fine. My first Panasonic replaced a non Sony and Philips product that had a world wide infamouse fault somtime in 2006 that became known as the - - - loading bug. The replacement still works.
I did not want a PVR (no DVD back up function) Just a deck with some connectivity a HDD and...
Published 6 months ago by Graham L.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but could be so much better if they really tried
This is the third Panasonic HDD/DVD recorder I've owned over a number of years and in each case I've had to get a new one when the previous one has developed a fault that seemed not worth repairing. If the faults had been with the DVD drive wearing out, or even the HDD failing, I would could have understood but in both cases it was the electronics that failed. I've...
Published 11 months ago by AC

5.0 out of 5 stars great machine, 26 May 2014
This review is from: Panasonic DMR-EX86EB DVD Recorder with 320GB HDD and Freeview Plus (Electronics)
Have just brought this new recorder with hard drive, and just recorded and the picture quantity is very good,and then copied to dvd
which only took 5mins at high speed, would recommend to anybody & at very good price.

4.0 out of 5 stars The thieves are probably impressed with it, 19 May 2014
Had to replace this because our first one was stolen. Had a bit of difficulty to set it up (this time??) but there is help out there if you really get stuck and the instructions are just not enough. I asked Panasonic via e-mail in the end when I just couldn't get the clock display to work. They answered quickly because I pointed out it would have to be returned if it was faulty asap. When a programme is showing an hour later than in the UK and we feel just too tired to stay up and watch it, this solves the problem. Wouldn't want to be without it now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does everything I want, 24 April 2014
The Panasonic records to hard disk as well as DVDs. It only has one tuner, so you can only watch/record one program at a time. I was aware of this when I brought it, so I can't complain. Its not the easiest of machine to understand, the manual goes to 94 pages. But it does everything I need, so I am happy with my purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars quality product, 22 April 2014
Exactly as described. I try to be picky and find something negative to say. I cannnot find anything to say

3.0 out of 5 stars DMR- EX769EB, 21 April 2014
Carol Cheshire (plymouth, devon, GB) - See all my reviews
Bought this model only a few years' ago, mostly because of the Panasonic name and reputation. Very disappointed with it.
A few months' ago it stopped formatting disks. Have been told by the Panasonic dealer, Pay £190 to repair it or stump up nearly £300 for a new one.
Not good customer service, Panasonic!
Carol, Plymouth

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought to replace an LG recorder which refused to speak to my Panasonic TV, 17 April 2014
J. N. Melone "jomell" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This recorder communicates better with my TV and is generally more satisfactory than my previous LG one. However it is still pretty slow to respond to the remote control. Generally, though, I am satisfied with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Instructions dificult, 17 April 2014
Instructions difficult to follow, but am now recording OK. Haven't put anything onto DVD yet. But seems to work OK

4.0 out of 5 stars WHAT I WANTED, 11 Mar 2014
DETAILS EVERY MOVE IT MAKES SO THAT YOU CAN FOLLOW WHAT IS HAPPENING-EVEN IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND IT. I LIKE THE COMBINATION OF HDD AND DVD WHICH MEANS THAT YOU CAN CHOP AND CHANGE BETWEEN THE OLD DVD RECORDER-DVD DISC ONLY AND THE NEW ONE.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not perfect, 4 Mar 2014
Good all rounder in general. Picture and sound great. I bought this to replace my 2006 model the Panasonic EX85, which lasted a good 8 years. Only slight flaw is scarts are non RGB when using a HDMI lead. If it wasn't for this I would give it 5 stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Misleading description of this recorder which is designed specifically for Panasonic TV, 23 Feb 2014
Fred (Gravesend, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Although the Recorder functions perfectly alright, the basic set up is lined up for use with Panasonic TVs, this makes the operation with other TVs very difficult, particulaly with the wiring of connecting cables. I have an LG TV which has HDM1 and HDM2 sockets which would give HD vision and sound in the recordings, but the arrangements of this recorder requires the use of AV connections with scart sockets which are far less efficient . Had I known that this recorder was dedicated to Panasonic equipment I should not have bought it. But now I have to make the best of a poor situation and resolve my self to low quality recordings.