4.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic DVD recorder
Very good piece of kit. Good quality, functional, reasonably easy to use. Pleasing to the eye and priced well. Would recommend to others.
Published 18 months ago by Keith P Williams

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but could be so much better if they really tried
This is the third Panasonic HDD/DVD recorder I've owned over a number of years and in each case I've had to get a new one when the previous one has developed a fault that seemed not worth repairing. If the faults had been with the DVD drive wearing out, or even the HDD failing, I would could have understood but in both cases it was the electronics that failed. I've...
Published 17 months ago by AC

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 412 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic Recorder, 1 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Panasonic DMR-EX86EB-K DVD Recorder with 320GB HDD and Freeview Plus (Electronics)
It is extremely slow to react to the remote and I am not exactly happy with it. It will only be used if I really need to.

1.0 out of 5 stars Forget it., 16 Mar. 2015
One of the worst pieces of electronics I have ever purchased. The family were watching a DVD yesterday, the machine decides to cancel that and do its own restart, then it comes up with an error code. Unplug and start over again. This happens quite frequently.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job well, 29 May 2014
With DVD recorders becoming more scarce, this one with a hard drive is welcome. Good picture quality.

As per usual, the User Instructions are over complicated in their format & take time to follow until the logic fits together in the mind.

4.0 out of 5 stars but it does what it says on the box and is easy enough to use given it is a sophisticated device, 5 Nov. 2014
I purchased this to replace an aging equivalent type of device. The choice of these is significantly less now than when I got my initial one. It does the job well enough but is slow to turn on and off. It also is more fussy when Freeview channels change, but it does what it says on the box and is easy enough to use given it is a sophisticated device. I find it hard to be enthusiastic but I have had no problems either. Do read the instructions BEFORE you start to get the best out of it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic you should be ashamed !!!!!!!!!!!!!, 6 April 2015
J. Clark "hyperbolelad" (London England) - See all my reviews
This DVD Recorder seems to be just about the last brand new one you can buy which is the only reason I haven't returned it it just about does the job of recording stuff,but has to be the glitchiest least user friendly DVD recorder I have ever owned,and I have had several different makes over the years. Firstly the EPG if you are lucky will only allow you to programme recordings upto 7 days ahead. The machine is very unstable and particularly when choosing which of the drives to use ie hdd or dvd has a habit of crashing which because the machine is so ridiculously slow at switching on off and restarting takes a few minutes to restart, Their is no eject button on the remote control so you have to actually sit by the machine to open and close it. Its reasonably quick at at copying from HDD to DVD,but whilst its copying you cannot watch the TV. Unlike my much better Toshiba RD100 DVD/HDD recorder which was so much better than this bodge up of a machine. At £239 when I bought mine it is not cheap my previous DVD Recorders were all cheaper to buy and so much better than this machine which is no credit to the hitherto good name of Panasonic or Japanese technology in general. Everything that could be skimped on when producing this machine seems to have been done to reduce cost not to the consumer,but the manufacturer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 4 Dec. 2013
I am a great fan of Panasonic products and presently have five of their televisions. This will be my third Panasonic DVD recorder so I am used to the interface. I have replaced my EX79EB with the EX86EB and also have an EX83EB. I have given the EX79EB to my daughter as it is still functioning perfectly even though it is now some nine years old. All the televisions and recorders were purchased from John Lewis taking advantage of their free extended warranties. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Recorder, 17 Nov. 2013
With the Vierra link it is an absolute "doddle" to operate, enables quick and easy recording, loads of storage on the disc, slightly slow on the operation, a bit of a lag after remote used but no problems. What I expect from Panasonic

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product. Only criticism is the small amount of ..., 18 Dec. 2014
Excellent product.Only criticism is the small amount of dvd recording speeds compared to equivalent Sony recorders [No longer available]

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent piece of kit...Panasonic DMR-EX86EB dvd recorder, 3 Sept. 2014
Mr Bazson56 (London England) - See all my reviews
As always a excellent piece of kit from Panasonic. an excellent editing tool for removing adverts from programmes to watch later,

3.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable, 3 Dec. 2014
I sent mine back after two weeks but the replacement was exactly the same:
Sometimes when I turn it on or it turns itself on to do a timer recording or I change channel etc it will freeze up and display an error message which means I have to turn it off and on before it will work again.When it does this for a timer recording it means I never know if it will record or not because until I come along and turn it off and on it will record nothing.
I use it with an old 4:3 telly and so set the recorder to Letterbox display format which works except with the BBC channels for some reason.They only get shown in Letterbox if I put the subtitles on or if I record the BBC and play it back.
The TV Guide never shows the full 7 days ahead with full programme details.When I turn the recorder on it shows 5 days with full programme details and then after a few minutes it changes and shows 7days ahead but with full programme details for only a few programmes.
The recorder is very fussy when it comes to fast copying recordings from the HDD to DVD.It will not fast copy to some of my discs even though it will record TV directly to them and copy in real time to them.
I would get a refund but there's not much else to choose from when it comes to non-Bluray DVD recorders.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 412 | Next ›