5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent comedy like no other!, 27 Nov 2013
L. Miller (Portsmouth, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Family Tree [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
I came across the Family Tree by accident one night whilst checking out whether BBC 2 still existed and hadn't sold itself to the devil like that of ITV. This programme came on and I just couldn't turn over! It's such a change to have comedy that doesn't involve canned laughter, and instead has a bit of wit and substance to it. It's subtle, quirky comedy 'written' by one of the guys that wrote Spinal Tap (christopher guest) and some of that humour shines through here in a small way. Freed from the restrictions of a set script and allowed to explore their improv skills, people like Nina Conti (who is quite frankly hot in this!) really get to show their talents. There's so much going on here and it's a shame that it passed relatively unnoticed earlier this year because I'm sure more people would've appreciated it. Whilst it's not laugh old loud all the time it's still my personal best of comedy that I've seen in 2013.

5.0 out of 5 stars you may have missed it, 20 Nov 2013
This review is from: Family Tree [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
In the UK, these 8 episodes slipped through on BBC2. It's intelligently funny.... and Nina Conti and Monkey steal a series where all the other actors are just superb. If you don't appreciate it, I'm minded to think I wouldn't like you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent serries with Chris O'Dowd, 27 Jun 2014
This review is from: Family Tree [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
This is an excellent comedy series featuring Chris O'Dowd. He is a fine actor and unfortunately I don't think there will be a second series. I will continue to enjoy this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 14 Jun 2014
This review is from: Family Tree [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Shame it was cancelled because i think this series would only have got better! I'm sorry but the monkey is genius.

5.0 out of 5 stars We really enjoyed this series, 10 Nov 2014
This review is from: Family Tree [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
We really enjoyed this series. So different, and we couldn't wait to see who he turned up in his family tree next. We really liked the way that everyone was so tolerant of each others' differences. Gentle and quirky!

Family Tree [DVD] [2013]
Family Tree [DVD] [2013] by Chris O'Dowd (DVD - 2013)