5.0 out of 5 stars Great machine
I was a little nervous about spending so much on a juicer but I've had cheap juicers before and I haven't got on with them or found them a nightmare to clean.
Published 18 months ago by T. Smith

2.0 out of 5 stars WAste of money. no replacement item
I did like this juicer to start with. It isn't wonderful but it extracts a reasonable amount of juice. not worth the cost. The basket has cracked & there are no replacements so after 8 weeks usage I cant use it.
Published 3 months ago by Mrs. C. Rees

5.0 out of 5 stars Great machine, 14 July 2013
T. Smith (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sage by Heston Blumenthal the Nutri Juicer Plus, 1300 Watt (Kitchen & Home)
When I opened the box the first thing I noticed was the quality of the machine, it is very well made. It took about 5 minutes to figure what went where, I am a bit dim when it comes to gadgets so actually this is really good.
There are two blades for the machine, one for hard fruit and veg and one for really soft fruits like bananas, kiwis, berries etc

It is very easy to dismantle/put together and really easy to clean, I just rinse the machine off after each use.
I've had this juicer two days and its been a real hit with the family, hopefully helping us be a little healthier.

I also like the fact that the jug comes with a lid that separates the froth off the juice when you pour it.
If there was anything negative to say its the fact that it didn't come with any recipie's, minor niggle but it would have been nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars You buy cheap and you buy twice this thing rocks, 1 Aug. 2013
First thing is I didn't buy this because it had Hestons name on it I researched the boring stuff and this was just what I wanted. Second of all my misses went ape when I told her how much it cost until she used it. It's so easy to use and it's so easy to clean the digital dial selects the speed and you just bung your fruit and veg in. You do have to change the blade for soft fruit which takes all of 5 seconds. I done a carrot and ginger drink and could not believe how dry the pulp was and how much juice came out. you don't need a million apples to get a drink which is one of the things I read. I did 1 apple 2 celery sticks and a little ginger and got a 330ml drink which was lovely. We always buy a juice drink when we go to town which costs us nearly £7 so when you weigh up the cost of doing your own this thing will pay for itself in no time. You do need to peel some stuff but it is all explained in the leaflet. Did I mention cleaning I think I did but again it's so easy. The thing is quite bulky but we just binned the spice rack and it lives on the side now. 10/10

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, but good - IF you're going to use it!, 30 Oct. 2013
P. NEWHAM (UK) - See all my reviews
Okay, so the Sage Juicer Plus, it's a good bit of kit.

I purchased the Juicer Plus after watching the `Fat Sick and Nearly Dead' documentary that Joe Cross is in - the one where he lives in Juice for a month/two and then doing a ridiculous amount of research. This machine is near identical to the one Joe using in that doc - it's same manufacturer, albeit under a different brand (In Australia - the identical machine is a Breville).

I looked at Philips HR1871s and the Amazon/Ebay sold `Andrew James' models which were a bit cheaper, and even bottom of the pile Argos Cookworks ones (supercheap) but decided on the Sage/Heston ones after reading lots of positive reviews.

Like many, as per the documentary mentioned above - I bought this juicer to make juices to live on, but after a week, I got a bit bored of this and ended up giving it as a gift to my parents.

The Juicer Plus is a very powerful machine, it's over 1000w and is easy to set up / assemble - but beware - even with all the gubbins, and power, using a plastic bag in the pulp container, the reality is that you're going to be doing a lot of cleaning of this machine, and the cleaning requires a full sink every time (so 5 minutes of juicing excitement and 20 minutes of cleaning 3 or sometimes 4 times a day) That gets monotonous.

Yes, you can make potentially 1.5 litres of juices up front using the included jug, but then storage is going to be really a maximum of 2 days, and you will need air tight containers to do this, and you also need to think about transporting your juice too if you plan to do juice fasting.

The noise when you are using it is definitely present. Don't use it if you have people trying to sleep in your house!

I rated this 4 stars. there is nothing wrong technically with this gadget - If you want to successfully blast several kilos of fruit, vegetables and whatever takes your fancy easily in a few minutes buy the Sage, but be prepared for a big outlay on a machine that literally does one thing.

Occasional juicers might want to try the Philips HR1861 which is a bit cheaper, but still does pretty much the same thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars expensive but you get what you pay for, 16 July 2013
I found this Juicer easy to assemble Its great looking and well made, everything rinses easy and it comes with a little brush for cleaning the sieve part which is very helpful. It also has two types of blade, one for hard veg/fruit and one for soft. I used the soft one for juicing bananas yesterday and it was very effective, there was no pulp so the whole banana was juiced. Im typing this review drinking my carrot/beetroot/apple and pea pod juice and its yummy!

I had a juicer before which cost me about £50. There is no comparison! This machine yields more juice and the pulp is very dry (and very much appreciated by my Chickens). If your going to be a regular juicer then I would recommend buying this machine

4.0 out of 5 stars I am glad that I didn't, 4 Jan. 2015
M. L. Edwards "- Document Boss" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
A lot of the comments and criticism of this juicer are about the cleaning afterwards. I read these comments before purchasing and it very nearly stopped me buying this juicer. However, I am glad that I didn't. I am not a fan of washing up and am by no means some great in the kitchen. Jobs usually take me longer however estimates that this juicer takes 20 minutes to clean are a gross exaggeration.

I can have the machine clean in well under 5 minutes probably closer to 3 minutes by just making sure my sink is clear before I start. I see any cleaning time as just normal for any food preparation and it definitely does not put me off from using the device. I have learnt to put a plastic bag in the waste bin and to just run the easily removable parts under the tap in warm water. Then shake the excess water off and allow to dry. They can also be put in a dishwasher which I do on occasions if I think needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Juicer and excellent service from Amazon, 26 Dec. 2013
I ordered this product on the 19th December and it arrived at my house in Holland on the 24th December. Now that is really impressive especially so close to Christmas.
The juicer itself is robust and seems to be really well made. I bought this particuar model as it had a more powerful motor with a good guarantee and the fact that a lot of people also were complimentary about it, also it was reasonably priced.
Just made our first juice consisting of beetroot, savoy cabbage leaves, cucumber and carrots. It juiced everything up really fast and the pulp left behind was quite dry. The juice was plentiful and lovely too.
Cleaning is easy peasy, with no tricky nooks and crannies to trap the pulp.
All in all, an excellent juicer and a great addition to my kitchen

5.0 out of 5 stars Stonkingly Good!!!!!, 2 Aug. 2013
Simon Lindsay - See all my reviews
We have one of the ultra low speed auger juicers, and it's built to last a lifetime, but while not difficult to clean, it's a messy bit of kit to dismantle with a ridiculously low output nozzle. Took a chance on the Sage, which is frighteningly fast at juicing fruit.......4 apples in the feeder tube, switch it on, and 5 seconds later, four apples juiced. Quite amazing.
you have to skin oranges and lemons and water melons, but no big deal......especially big water melons as they are easy to do.

So what's the result of this? Well, I was a diet coke fiend.......not any more. My appetite is supressed in a way i would not believe, so even lunch and dinner or probably half of what I would normally consume, and my diet coke intake has gone from something like six or seven cans a day down to one.......and even that one is losing it's hold on life.....it'll soon be none.

Never would I thought a juicer would have transformed what I eat and drink to such a huge degree. Be warned though.......stuff like Innocent juice can seem expensive in the supermarket, and once you use this machine, you'll know why. I am rattling through fruit and veg at a frightening rate, and I now find myself in Costco twice a week topping up on apples, water melons and carrots. Big tip.......don't juice grapes!!! I reckon my lovely glass of grape juice probably cost me a fiver!

Oh, and the big feeder tube menas that you don't have to cut up fruit to anything like the degree that i had to with my low speed auger........apples go in whole, as do oranges.......and I mean full size apples and oranges, not just little Cox's Pippins or tangerines.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good. I have been through many juicers, 15 Jan. 2015
So far so good. I have been through many juicers, mostly using my family's ones. I must say I wasn't expecting for the juicer to be anything special, just a good juicer which would take time to clean, etc after reading some of these reviews. I will probably come back and re-review in a few months time but here are my thoughts after a few days of using this. 1) It is the easiest juicer to clean and very quick- just a quick thorough rinse is all it needs. 2) I've yet to see a juicer that leaves pulp as dry as this(believe me I've used 10+ juicers before). 3) The juicing process is very fast and very effective - the result gives you a very tasty juice which you can store for the good few hours and if you're in a hurry you can juice straight into a bottle or a glass. 4) the slow/soft fruit setting actually blends your fruit and veg so you can enjoy a rather nice smoothie without setting up/buying a blender separately. The juice leaves you very full so if you think of a juicing diet or just to have fun with some healthy juices then this juicer is definitely the one to go for. The price tag might seem a little high but if you're dedicated then it will all come back to you within no time at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great juicer, great performance, 16 Oct. 2014
After a scary experience with another juicer which caught fire after 5 seconds being switched on, I decided to spend a bit more and go for this model. I had this juicer for a couple of months, use it daily, sometimes even 4-5 times a day when I work from home and absolutely love it. The motor is still running strong with no issues and all pulp is coming out dry. I love the frooji disc using it for banana, berries, apple smoothie.

Some people complained about the cleaning - it isn't too much hassle for me, I find it easy enough to just rinse it under a tab and put it in a dishwasher once a week. Compared to other juicers I owned, the nutri disc requires a bit more effort to clean and you need to use the brush supplied but all in all, it takes me about 2mins to clean the entire juicer from start to finish. So really not an issue for me.

I have now bought another one for my parents for their wedding anniversary as they have a big apple orchard and they fell in love with it too. They use it daily and have had no problems so far.

It looks good on my counter and i like the 5 variable speeds. Read up on which speed is best for which fruit/vegetables as you'll get the most juice out.

If you want a reliable juicer you can use regularly and several times a day, then I would 100% recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sage Juicer 1300, 21 Aug. 2013
The juicer is quick and easy to use. Cleaning isn't too bad considering the amount of things it can juice in seconds and it's very robust.

I would recommend this product to anyone who is undertaking a Juice Fast Diet as it makes the whole process much easier.