on 4 January 2015
A lot of the comments and criticism of this juicer are about the cleaning afterwards. I read these comments before purchasing and it very nearly stopped me buying this juicer. However, I am glad that I didn't. I am not a fan of washing up and am by no means some great in the kitchen. Jobs usually take me longer however estimates that this juicer takes 20 minutes to clean are a gross exaggeration.

I can have the machine clean in well under 5 minutes probably closer to 3 minutes by just making sure my sink is clear before I start. I see any cleaning time as just normal for any food preparation and it definitely does not put me off from using the device. I have learnt to put a plastic bag in the waste bin and to just run the easily removable parts under the tap in warm water. Then shake the excess water off and allow to dry. They can also be put in a dishwasher which I do on occasions if I think needed.
on 31 July 2015
The juicer is expensive, there is no question about it, and maybe some of us would like to get more for their money. I, personally, think it is overpriced for what it is and it would be a good buy if the juicer was in a £100 - £130 price range, but that’s really all the faults it has… oh and it does not wash itself… wink wink…
Anyway, this is my 3rd centrifugal juicer. Previously I has a Kenwood one, whci was fine for some time until some plastic parts broke and started to walk around the work top while juicing as the suckers were not strong enough. Then I had Jason Vale’s juicer… well… 200 Watts motor was not enough to juice without overheating, stopping and doing the job very slowly. After these two, I said to myself that it’s time to invest in a real juicer even though it might costs millions, because I always say that you get what you pay for.

Like many, I hesitated between the Plus version and the standard one as there is not much difference and I could definitely afford the Pro version at £270 price tag! My opinion is, if you have extra £30-40 to add to buy the Plus model, please do. For me it is the LCD display and different speed setting that is pre-programmed for the fruit that does it and the metal feeding tube.

- Very good build quality. Even though some parts are made of plastic, it is a hard and heavy plastic! Thumbs up!
- The feeding tube is very large and made out of metal, unlike plastic in the basic model! Thumbs up!
- The motor is very powerful at 1300 Watts and has no problem with juicing anything and quick! Thumbs up!
- It looks amazing! Thumbs up!
- Idiot proof display shows you what speed which fruit should be juiced at and you just turn the jog dial to move from one speed to another! Amazing! Thumbs up!
- All parts are dishwasher safe. After you juice, you simply lift the whole juicing part and give it a quick rinse in a bowl of water or under running water and if you cannot be bothered to wipe it quickly with a sponge, put it in the dishwasher! Job done! Thumbs up!
- A filter/grater cleaning/scraping brush is attached so you do not have to use your fingers and cut them while cleaning the filter/grater! The brush does in quickly and very well indeed! Thumbs up!
- Jug for the extracted juice is supplied with a lid that keeps the foam created during juicing in the jug when you are pouring the juice into the glass. Therefore, you can drink the juice straight away without using sieves or spoons to take the foam out (if you wish to do it)! Thumbs up!
- It is fairly quiet for the power of the motor and no movement on the worktop whatsoever! Thumbs up!

- Price!
- Does not wash itself and human interference is required ;)

Oh and one another thing… Leafy greens… Maybe it is not as good as masticating juicer, but it juiced leafy greens quite well in my opinion! However, you have to know how to do it by reading the literature provided or watching videos on Sage’s website. The trick is to simply put one large and gard fruit/vegetable into the feeding tube, I use a large apple. Then pack leafy greens , as well as sprouts! Yes, sprouts, like alfa alfa! Into the feeding tube and pack it tight tight tight! Follow with another large hard fruit or vegetable, I again use an apple, turn this baby on and of you go! Beautiful green juice will flow and the juice from the second apple will clean the bowl from any remaining juice from the leafy greens that was left in the sides of the juicer. Ta dah! Thumbs up IMHO! Thank you for reading and I hope it helps! :)

Keep juicing and have fun doing it!
on 14 July 2013
I was a little nervous about spending so much on a juicer but I've had cheap juicers before and I haven't got on with them or found them a nightmare to clean.
When I opened the box the first thing I noticed was the quality of the machine, it is very well made. It took about 5 minutes to figure what went where, I am a bit dim when it comes to gadgets so actually this is really good.
There are two blades for the machine, one for hard fruit and veg and one for really soft fruits like bananas, kiwis, berries etc

It is very easy to dismantle/put together and really easy to clean, I just rinse the machine off after each use.
I've had this juicer two days and its been a real hit with the family, hopefully helping us be a little healthier.

I also like the fact that the jug comes with a lid that separates the froth off the juice when you pour it.
If there was anything negative to say its the fact that it didn't come with any recipie's, minor niggle but it would have been nice.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 January 2015
Just had this product for a week after previously owning a cheaper 800 watt product from a different manufacturer.

Where to start with the comparisons........

1. This unit is soooooooooooo quiet!, the other one i had sounded like a F1 Car speeding past ye every time ye stuck a cucumber down the shoot!
2. Assembling the unit is very easy, just a couple of clicks and your good to go.
3. the speed settings are excellent........setting 1 for things like spinach, kale etc, up to setting 5 for hard veg.
4. Cleaning is a breeze!!!, the unit i had before was a nightmare to clean, and the motor housing ended up wet!.
with this, you basically give the shoot housing a quick rinse, rinse out your pulp bin, and give the grinder thing a good wee scrub!

The amount of people on here complaining about cleaning this unit........GET A GRIP!!! What do you expect???

I have been juicing daily for the past year and the previous unit i had was replaced 3 times as the motor would burn out.
Apparently.....this unit comes with a 5 year motor warranty, so no complaints there!
what do i juice??

Once per day, I juice the following ingredients:

250g Bag of spinach x2 (£1.09 each bag from lidl)
whole cucumber x2 (45p from lidl)
Carrots x4 (1kg bag for around 80p)
Whole celery head x1 (50p)
8 apples (£1.30)
1 lemon (bag of 3 for around 80p)
1 thumb size cut of fresh Ginger (50p bag from Aldi)

Once all the above items are gives around 2.5litres of juice, which you can store in sealed 500ml cups (have a look in poundland or sports direct for cheap cups) and stored in the fridge (for around 24 hours)
Doing this keeps the juice fresh, and still full with nutrients.
You could also just juice as when you need to.....but for me that was a total pain in the bum as you would have been setting the unit up, juicing, washing etc....up to 5 times a day!

I have also noted that i get much more juice from my spinach alone compared to the other unit!

overall i give it 5 stars, really good bit of kit!

yes its a wee bit pricey compared to other models, but ye really do get what your paying for!

I hope this review helps
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 August 2013
First thing is I didn't buy this because it had Hestons name on it I researched the boring stuff and this was just what I wanted. Second of all my misses went ape when I told her how much it cost until she used it. It's so easy to use and it's so easy to clean the digital dial selects the speed and you just bung your fruit and veg in. You do have to change the blade for soft fruit which takes all of 5 seconds. I done a carrot and ginger drink and could not believe how dry the pulp was and how much juice came out. you don't need a million apples to get a drink which is one of the things I read. I did 1 apple 2 celery sticks and a little ginger and got a 330ml drink which was lovely. We always buy a juice drink when we go to town which costs us nearly £7 so when you weigh up the cost of doing your own this thing will pay for itself in no time. You do need to peel some stuff but it is all explained in the leaflet. Did I mention cleaning I think I did but again it's so easy. The thing is quite bulky but we just binned the spice rack and it lives on the side now. 10/10
on 30 June 2015
It seems you really do get what you pay for. This is one efficient piece of kit. Easy to set up, use and dismantle. The pulp is pretty much bone dry after juicing, which shows how effectively it works. There are different settings for different hardness of fruit and veg. This is easy to adjust, via a dial mid juice, if you have peaches and sweet potato in the same juice. Not particularly quiet, but I don't see that as a fault. I also bought The Reboot with Joe Juice Diet which has got some really great recipes and diet plans, if that's what you are after. (If you get a chance watch Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead or SuperJuice Me. Fascinating stuff) I've included a pic of all the parts involved, it's really easy to slot back together after washing up. Juice on!! 😊
review image
on 30 October 2013
Okay, so the Sage Juicer Plus, it's a good bit of kit.

I purchased the Juicer Plus after watching the `Fat Sick and Nearly Dead' documentary that Joe Cross is in - the one where he lives in Juice for a month/two and then doing a ridiculous amount of research. This machine is near identical to the one Joe using in that doc - it's same manufacturer, albeit under a different brand (In Australia - the identical machine is a Breville).

I looked at Philips HR1871s and the Amazon/Ebay sold `Andrew James' models which were a bit cheaper, and even bottom of the pile Argos Cookworks ones (supercheap) but decided on the Sage/Heston ones after reading lots of positive reviews.

Like many, as per the documentary mentioned above - I bought this juicer to make juices to live on, but after a week, I got a bit bored of this and ended up giving it as a gift to my parents.

The Juicer Plus is a very powerful machine, it's over 1000w and is easy to set up / assemble - but beware - even with all the gubbins, and power, using a plastic bag in the pulp container, the reality is that you're going to be doing a lot of cleaning of this machine, and the cleaning requires a full sink every time (so 5 minutes of juicing excitement and 20 minutes of cleaning 3 or sometimes 4 times a day) That gets monotonous.

Yes, you can make potentially 1.5 litres of juices up front using the included jug, but then storage is going to be really a maximum of 2 days, and you will need air tight containers to do this, and you also need to think about transporting your juice too if you plan to do juice fasting.

The noise when you are using it is definitely present. Don't use it if you have people trying to sleep in your house!

I rated this 4 stars. there is nothing wrong technically with this gadget - If you want to successfully blast several kilos of fruit, vegetables and whatever takes your fancy easily in a few minutes buy the Sage, but be prepared for a big outlay on a machine that literally does one thing.

Occasional juicers might want to try the Philips HR1861 which is a bit cheaper, but still does pretty much the same thing.
on 16 July 2013
I found this Juicer easy to assemble Its great looking and well made, everything rinses easy and it comes with a little brush for cleaning the sieve part which is very helpful. It also has two types of blade, one for hard veg/fruit and one for soft. I used the soft one for juicing bananas yesterday and it was very effective, there was no pulp so the whole banana was juiced. Im typing this review drinking my carrot/beetroot/apple and pea pod juice and its yummy!

I had a juicer before which cost me about £50. There is no comparison! This machine yields more juice and the pulp is very dry (and very much appreciated by my Chickens). If your going to be a regular juicer then I would recommend buying this machine
on 16 October 2014
After a scary experience with another juicer which caught fire after 5 seconds being switched on, I decided to spend a bit more and go for this model. I had this juicer for a couple of months, use it daily, sometimes even 4-5 times a day when I work from home and absolutely love it. The motor is still running strong with no issues and all pulp is coming out dry. I love the frooji disc using it for banana, berries, apple smoothie.

Some people complained about the cleaning - it isn't too much hassle for me, I find it easy enough to just rinse it under a tab and put it in a dishwasher once a week. Compared to other juicers I owned, the nutri disc requires a bit more effort to clean and you need to use the brush supplied but all in all, it takes me about 2mins to clean the entire juicer from start to finish. So really not an issue for me.

I have now bought another one for my parents for their wedding anniversary as they have a big apple orchard and they fell in love with it too. They use it daily and have had no problems so far.

It looks good on my counter and i like the 5 variable speeds. Read up on which speed is best for which fruit/vegetables as you'll get the most juice out.

If you want a reliable juicer you can use regularly and several times a day, then I would 100% recommend this product.
on 28 December 2014
This juicer is fantastic! If you want a juicer that is going to make a good juice, with less mess and less messing around emptying various parts that some other juicers require. Buy this, don't look at any others. This is my 3rd juicer, had the philips, had an expensive slow juicer I wish I had bought this first! I'm sure the non digital version is pretty good too, but it was the same price at the time. Easy to use and clean.
So buy it and juice on!