5.0 out of 5 stars Great machine
I was a little nervous about spending so much on a juicer but I've had cheap juicers before and I haven't got on with them or found them a nightmare to clean.
Published 14 months ago by T. Smith

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless after 6 months and Sage is useless at customer service
We purchased this juicer and we absolutely love the way that it can juice vegetables. We got used to having our juice every morning with things like cucumber, celery, beetroot, sweet potato, an apple each, ginger etc. The thing we noticed was the basket and the tiny holes. They are impossible to clean! They supply a brush and told me how to clean it with a video but this...
Published 3 days ago by caro

5.0 out of 5 stars Great machine, 14 July 2013
T. Smith (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sage by Heston Blumenthal the Nutri Juicer Plus, 1300 Watt (Kitchen & Home)
When I opened the box the first thing I noticed was the quality of the machine, it is very well made. It took about 5 minutes to figure what went where, I am a bit dim when it comes to gadgets so actually this is really good.
There are two blades for the machine, one for hard fruit and veg and one for really soft fruits like bananas, kiwis, berries etc

It is very easy to dismantle/put together and really easy to clean, I just rinse the machine off after each use.
I've had this juicer two days and its been a real hit with the family, hopefully helping us be a little healthier.

I also like the fact that the jug comes with a lid that separates the froth off the juice when you pour it.
If there was anything negative to say its the fact that it didn't come with any recipie's, minor niggle but it would have been nice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, but good - IF you're going to use it!, 30 Oct 2013
P. NEWHAM (UK) - See all my reviews
Okay, so the Sage Juicer Plus, it's a good bit of kit.

I purchased the Juicer Plus after watching the `Fat Sick and Nearly Dead' documentary that Joe Cross is in - the one where he lives in Juice for a month/two and then doing a ridiculous amount of research. This machine is near identical to the one Joe using in that doc - it's same manufacturer, albeit under a different brand (In Australia - the identical machine is a Breville).

I looked at Philips HR1871s and the Amazon/Ebay sold `Andrew James' models which were a bit cheaper, and even bottom of the pile Argos Cookworks ones (supercheap) but decided on the Sage/Heston ones after reading lots of positive reviews.

Like many, as per the documentary mentioned above - I bought this juicer to make juices to live on, but after a week, I got a bit bored of this and ended up giving it as a gift to my parents.

The Juicer Plus is a very powerful machine, it's over 1000w and is easy to set up / assemble - but beware - even with all the gubbins, and power, using a plastic bag in the pulp container, the reality is that you're going to be doing a lot of cleaning of this machine, and the cleaning requires a full sink every time (so 5 minutes of juicing excitement and 20 minutes of cleaning 3 or sometimes 4 times a day) That gets monotonous.

Yes, you can make potentially 1.5 litres of juices up front using the included jug, but then storage is going to be really a maximum of 2 days, and you will need air tight containers to do this, and you also need to think about transporting your juice too if you plan to do juice fasting.

The noise when you are using it is definitely present. Don't use it if you have people trying to sleep in your house!

I rated this 4 stars. there is nothing wrong technically with this gadget - If you want to successfully blast several kilos of fruit, vegetables and whatever takes your fancy easily in a few minutes buy the Sage, but be prepared for a big outlay on a machine that literally does one thing.

Occasional juicers might want to try the Philips HR1861 which is a bit cheaper, but still does pretty much the same thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally found my perfect juicer, 22 Feb 2014
Having spent a long time reading Which best buy and amazon reviews, I finally decided to go with the Phillips juicer. It was brilliant - for 3 weeks!!! Well done Amazon for a quick refund. However as my husband and I are now hooked on juicing, I had to make a quick decision for its replacement. This model by Sage, although the same price as the Phillips, is similar in no other way. This machine is a heavy, substantial, robust model. The motor comes with a 5 year warranty. I am confident this will last a lot longer than the Phillips. The pulp is the driest of all the juicers I've used to date. The dial indicating the correct speed for each type of fruit or vegetable is nice and the yield of juice is so good I'm having to decant from the jug before I'm finished.

5.0 out of 5 stars You buy cheap and you buy twice this thing rocks, 1 Aug 2013
First thing is I didn't buy this because it had Hestons name on it I researched the boring stuff and this was just what I wanted. Second of all my misses went ape when I told her how much it cost until she used it. It's so easy to use and it's so easy to clean the digital dial selects the speed and you just bung your fruit and veg in. You do have to change the blade for soft fruit which takes all of 5 seconds. I done a carrot and ginger drink and could not believe how dry the pulp was and how much juice came out. you don't need a million apples to get a drink which is one of the things I read. I did 1 apple 2 celery sticks and a little ginger and got a 330ml drink which was lovely. We always buy a juice drink when we go to town which costs us nearly £7 so when you weigh up the cost of doing your own this thing will pay for itself in no time. You do need to peel some stuff but it is all explained in the leaflet. Did I mention cleaning I think I did but again it's so easy. The thing is quite bulky but we just binned the spice rack and it lives on the side now. 10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars expensive but you get what you pay for, 16 July 2013
I found this Juicer easy to assemble Its great looking and well made, everything rinses easy and it comes with a little brush for cleaning the sieve part which is very helpful. It also has two types of blade, one for hard veg/fruit and one for soft. I used the soft one for juicing bananas yesterday and it was very effective, there was no pulp so the whole banana was juiced. Im typing this review drinking my carrot/beetroot/apple and pea pod juice and its yummy!

I had a juicer before which cost me about £50. There is no comparison! This machine yields more juice and the pulp is very dry (and very much appreciated by my Chickens). If your going to be a regular juicer then I would recommend buying this machine

5.0 out of 5 stars Juicer, 16 April 2014
I would highly recommend this piece of equipment. The only drawback washing everything afterwards. I have started to put a polythene back in the waste collector and it does save having to stick your hand in all the gundge to clean it out. Would definitely buy again

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Machine, 20 July 2013
I love my Juicer. Great benefit for all the family.
Shame there is not a book with recipes with it.
The manual for the juicer has a lot of helpful information.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stonkingly Good!!!!!, 2 Aug 2013
Simon Lindsay - See all my reviews
We have one of the ultra low speed auger juicers, and it's built to last a lifetime, but while not difficult to clean, it's a messy bit of kit to dismantle with a ridiculously low output nozzle. Took a chance on the Sage, which is frighteningly fast at juicing fruit.......4 apples in the feeder tube, switch it on, and 5 seconds later, four apples juiced. Quite amazing.
you have to skin oranges and lemons and water melons, but no big deal......especially big water melons as they are easy to do.

So what's the result of this? Well, I was a diet coke fiend.......not any more. My appetite is supressed in a way i would not believe, so even lunch and dinner or probably half of what I would normally consume, and my diet coke intake has gone from something like six or seven cans a day down to one.......and even that one is losing it's hold on life.....it'll soon be none.

Never would I thought a juicer would have transformed what I eat and drink to such a huge degree. Be warned though.......stuff like Innocent juice can seem expensive in the supermarket, and once you use this machine, you'll know why. I am rattling through fruit and veg at a frightening rate, and I now find myself in Costco twice a week topping up on apples, water melons and carrots. Big tip.......don't juice grapes!!! I reckon my lovely glass of grape juice probably cost me a fiver!

Oh, and the big feeder tube menas that you don't have to cut up fruit to anything like the degree that i had to with my low speed auger........apples go in whole, as do oranges.......and I mean full size apples and oranges, not just little Cox's Pippins or tangerines.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great start to the day!, 28 Sep 2013
We decided to make juicing a part of our daily routine and decided on this juicer based on the specification and positive reviews, which at the time was only about 10 or so. Fortunately the positive reviews are growing and we felt it necessary to share our positive experiences. Health wise we have both lost 12-14lbs in 3 weeks. We juice during the day and have a meal in the evenings as usual. It's become so easy to do with juices such as apple, cucumber, carrots, pineapple, courgette and ginger. We also do a beet root, pineapple, cucumber and lime for the afternoon. We only gave it a 4 as my partner doesn't like cleaning the filter BUT I think it's simple and easy... Staying healthy seems so easy now... Good luck!

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST JUICER I'VE OWNED, 30 Dec 2013
I've had several juicers over the past few years. Most of the cheaper models of juicer do not last long if you are a regular juicer as I am. I decided some time ago to save up and invest in the Sage Plus and boy am I glad I did. The first thing I noticed on unpacking was the quality and build. This is a far more solid, robust juicer, well made and a very good style. With a 2 year guarantee and a 5 year guarantee with the motor, you can feel confident in the manufacturer.

Easy to assemble and it juiced very well. Cleaning is no problem.

Very, very please indeed.