LG E430 Optimus L3II 3.2-inch Sim Free Android Smartphone , UK version- Black
Colour Name: BlackChange
Price:£69.94+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 20 December 2013
The LG Optimus L3II is a basic Android smartphone, with excellent battery life. It has a small display (just over 3 inches) with relatively few pixels (240 x 320 pixels), a similarly low resolution camera (3MP) and 4GB internal memory. These bring some limitations:
- The keyboard when displayed will cover a large part of the screen, and the keys will be so small that it is difficult to type accurately. I have got used to this after a while - and there are plenty of different keyboards that can be downloaded from the market.
- Not all app makers design for such a small screen, so there will be some that are either not downloadable to this phone or just not usable (buttons off the bottom of the screen is quite common). This seems to mainly be an issue with games, but if you want to play lots of games this is probably not a phone for you anyway.
- Over half the internal memory is taken by the system leaving less than 2GB for apps you download. That may sound a lot but it soon disappears. Unfortunately about 100 MB is taken by Google apps installed as system apps - making them difficult to remove - that many will not want or need, such as Google+ and Google Hangouts. If you are downloading game apps, you will probably quickly run out of space, if your interest is mainly for communication utilities and social networking apps, there is likely to be enough space.
- The camera is not great - you would not want to rely on it as your main camera.

On the plus side:
- It is small - easy to fit in a pocket and small enough to hold and operate with just one hand.
- The Android version 4.1.2 (Jellybean) operating system seems very responsive - I have noticed very little lag. It's worst when connecting to wifi, at which point all those Google apps wake-up and try to make a brief connection.
- Battery life is excellent. I bought this to replace a Samsung S5360 Galaxy y which is of similar size, same size and resolution display, but much less memory and an older version of the Android operating system. The LG Optimus L3II, with the same apps installed and identical usage, lasts 4 times as long before the battery needs recharging compared to the Samsung Galaxy y.
- Despite the low battery consumption, the display is clear and bright.
- Apart from the Google and standard Android apps, there are very few apps that LG pre-load onto the phone, unlike some manufacturers.

In summary, if you want a relatively cheap phone for communication and utilities, this would be a good choice. If you want a phone that's also a multimedia tool and games station, this won't be for you.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
this is a great little powerfull smartphone from LG.and despite some of the reviews i have read about this phone where there has been various issues.i have yet had none so maybe they were just unlucky.its small but has a very good touchscreen and a 2gb internal memory and the mp3 player is excellent and the sound quality on calls is clear.i managed to get my phone for £59.99 from tescos a real bargain.overall may not be everybodys choice because of the size and small screen but im not complaining.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 15 September 2013
This is not a power phone, it is a basic version of what could be a power phone [running android 4.1.2].

You can think of it like the operating systems for desktop PCs that has varying flavours ranging from a basic to home to professional and to ultimate. This falls under basic with the advanced features stripped off. The phone encryption has been stripped off amongst other things perhaps to compensate for the low performance specification of the hardware basically as a means to boost functionality speed. In order words, if encryption feature was left active then phone would become slow as it has to decrypt on the fly.

It works well with minor/passable periodical lags usually when hanging up a call. Its inbuilt storage is sufficient for tons of updates and adding lots of utility software [Note: I stated utility and not games]. I have not stated games because it does not have the best display for games. The screen is small and lacking in crisp detail. This is basically not a phone designed with gaming in mind, it is a phone that was designed to function and serve the purpose dedicatedly as a phone.

The phone is light small enough to be swallowed in palm of someone with large hands which could also be an inconvenience trying to type with large thumbs on a very little screen. So if you have large hands, I would suggest avoiding this phone if you can help it.

The audio is crisp and clear through direct phone calls [excluding the microphone of some headsets]

The battery last only a day, that means requires a daily charge, purchasing a spare battery and battery charger could ease that inconvenience.

Being a user of previous LG phones [perhaps their basic range of phones] I can say, do not expect software upgrades/updates. As this phone comes with android 4.1, do not expect an upgrade to android 4.2 or higher. LG rarely release upgrades, they are more likely to appeal the purchase of their newer phones than release an upgrade. In other words, you are stuck with what you get till the phone wears off.

Overall, this is a phone that simply works if you need a phone. If you need more out of a phone, you might find better luck looking to a higher model or a different brand.
on 12 November 2013
Prior to buying the LG L3II phone, I read a lot of reviews on several speciality websites refering on how weak the processing power is and how low res the screen is.

To be quite honest, if you want an android phone to play games, those sites are correct.

Now, if you require a phone that works, well... as a phone, but that also allows you to have your email, your contacts syncronized, your music and maybe some useful apps such as a GPS navigator and evernote, then this is the phone to buy.
It does have some limited storage, but as long as you plug in a microSD card to carry all those MP3s and photos with you, it'll suit you fine.

Unlike hi end android phones, this one won't break your budget, won't be running out of battery power every day and will fit any pocket.

Yes, forget about gaming and forget about taking great photos. Still, it's fairly solid and good looking and if you, like me, already have a bunch of gaming platforms such as a laptop and a tablet, this becomes the ideal companion. And for that matter also works great as a portable wifi hotspot if you need one.

For the price tag it comes with, I'll point 3 downsides you may consider prior to buying:
1 - It's fairly hard to type on the on screen keyboard if you have large hands as the screen is small.
2 - The camera could have some sort of focusing (it doesn't seem to have) as it could take better pictures even with the small resolution.
3 - The phone doesn't come with any led / flash, so you can't use it as an emergency lantern and no flash for night pictures (the daytime ones are bad enough anyway... so maybe not much point here).

I'll also consider some upsides for that matter too:
1 - It's cheap.
2 - Fits small pockets.
3 - It's a very decent smartphone if you don't want to be a gamer or a photographer with it.
4 - Connectivity (as in 3G / Wifi / tethering) as good as any hi end phone that I've tried.
5 - Sound quality in calls and music, both on native speaker and decent headphones actually better than a Galaxy S2 or S3.
6 - LG software package is decent and not too bloaty when compared to Samsung or Sony.
7 - Above average battery life for a smartphone.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 12 August 2013
This compact phone has everything you will ever need in one small package, phone, voice recorder, notepad, camera, radio, music player, and tablet. With Android 4.1 there are plenty of apps to download. It can even serve as a portable Wireless access point for your PC or tablet, or a Wi-Fi analyser with an app - so you can take your broadband on holiday, and all this for less than the cost of a night out. I found that the controls were good, it doesn't make calls from your pocket, and accessories are cheap in the supermarkets. The kids all want it now, and if you buy them one then you can track them using AVG phone security app - so you can always find where their phone is...

To summarize - its a device which contains every device I have bought over the last 30 years, all compacted into one gadget. I recommend it - and remember that you need a 3G data contract to make use of the broadband features properly, but it still worked with my old 2G T-Mobile sim.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 1 January 2014
Had no intention of replacing my phone until I managed to wash my LG KP 500 Cookie with my clothes. It still worked afterwards but the battery life went down from a few days to a few hours. So time to replace with the nearest modern equivatent hence the LG L3II E430. Does pretty much all I require. Not big into browsing but connects with my wifi. Music's OK as is Camera. As others have said not spectacular, but got mine from Tesco for £45, locked to Tesco Mobile. Managed to Unlock via 99p code off Ebay so can now use with my Giff Gaff Sim. At £46 total that's a bit better than the £70 or so for an unlocked one offered here. I will have invalidated the warranty I suppose but worth it for the saving. Fingers crossed. I like this phone so far.
on 4 February 2014
I bought this phone, because I have very good opinion about LG products.
I had a couple other phones and LG is the best for me. I really change my opinion about this company. A few years ago I thought that is cheap products - that's all. But any time I have a contact with LG products I notice that all of them was relialible with nice design.
This phone is small and doing what should do :)
I don't need a big screen and things like that.
I can recommended to anyone who looking for a good, simple smatphone.
on 5 August 2014
Good little phone; battery life is reasonable. I keep my data and wifi switched off unless i'm using it and it lasts me three of four days. Camera isn't the best quality and graphics aren't ground breaking as the screen size is small but that is to be expected with it's size and price. Texting can be a little difficult on the small keyboard but you can just tip the screen on it's side to enlarge it. I like this phone and would recommend it to anyone who isn't quite ready to spend a lot of money on an android but still wants the luxuries of one. You get what you pay for.
on 11 December 2013
Works perfect. It is as big as my previous blackberry curve. Easy functioning. If you have a pc at home and only use mobile internet when in a great need, buy it. It will satisfy you.
on 16 February 2014
Bought this phone for my mother, we searched around Amazon for a few days before buying and finally made our decision after reading reviews of how simple it was to use, this is a decent phone for a technophobe to learn on, we probabley will upgrade from this phone in 8 months time, but for the time being it is doing it's job superbly