5.0 out of 5 stars Its My Round - Excellent, 27 Jan. 2012
This review is from: It's My Round (Paperback)
[What a wonderful book, everybody has fond memories of drinking in a pub and this book is so insightful that you are bound to have been in one of the pubs written about in the book, i have been in quite a few. You will definitely learn some interesting and fun facts and this will give you something to chat about over a drink at your local pub. A great present for all.

[ASIN:1907841075 It's My Round: A Personal Celebration of 2,000 Years of the British Pub]]

5.0 out of 5 stars Ripping yarns from a real Aficionado of the Pub, 13 Jan. 2013
Sue Burrell (Prestwich,Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: It's My Round (Paperback)
It's My Round is a hugely entertaining and very personal collection of stories and fascinating facts from an enthusiastic admirer of the British Pub. Full of amazing tales, idiosyncratic characters, captivating histories and facts. We learn from William Greaves just what makes our British Pubs unique.
Pub lovers, CAMRA real ale enthusiasts and anyone who enjoys a good read will love this book. William Greaves is a journalist with a sharp wit and an ear for a good yarn. We have already recommended this book to a friend. He is planning to visit the UK from the United States to experience some of our more unusual pubs, travelling a party of beer lovers. 10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars An inspiring pilgrimage!, 27 Mar. 2012
This review is from: It's My Round (Paperback)
Well retired and travel quite a bit but this superb appreciation of the British pub has now encouraged me to follow a different track.Always call in the pub nearest to the whatever holy place there might be but until now it has all been a bit random.Have visited several of those described and this extraordinarily comfortable book will be my guide and companion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its'my round : 2000 years of the British pub, 6 Dec. 2013
This review is from: It's My Round: 2000 Years of the British Pub (Kindle Edition)
Wonderful descriptions of people,places and even animal's.
The Drunken Duck near Ambleside in Cumbria was a classic,I'm a regular visitor to the lakes but as yet I've not taken a look at that particular pub.
Very amusing along with the journalistic interludes of former work friends pubs and places.
Only wish i could find all these pubs mentioned.
Well worth a read,well done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive!!!, 27 Jun. 2013
I read this book as research into the pub trade thinking it might be a little hard going - but no!!! It's interesting, informative and well written. It was a pleasure to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars To beer or not to beer..., 17 Jan. 2014
Magnificent. Considering the millions of words that have been written about the subject, it is amazing that William Greaves has found just the right ones to encapsulate the unique place pubs have in the British psyche. With a writing style as smooth as the froth on a well-built pint of Guinness, he strides through history with wit, knowledge and trenchant comment. As a lapsed drinker (sob!) it revived warm memories - and cold anger at the Temperance and Tobacco Taliban for their self-assumed and priggish ways...

Cometh the hour, cometh the man. Tipplers of the world unite - and march in unison behind Chairman Bill!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 30 Dec. 2013
Interesting look at the history of British pubs, and the descriptions of some have put the idea of visiting some of the more interesting on the agenda when on holiday.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's My Round:2000 Years of the British Pub, 23 April 2015
Very enjoyable read. Great subject matter and great stories. I found this book very hard to put down. 10 out of 10!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 Aug. 2014