5.0 out of 5 stars Good bounce, not too hard
Having tried the Mitre Malmo (sent by mistake, since replaced) I can confirm that this ball is superior and in my opinion worth the extra money. It bounces well and is not hard to kick. The quality of the leather and stitching is apparent.
Published 3 months ago by Barry

1.0 out of 5 stars A blast from the past .... but not in a good way.
Published 1 month ago by J. Buckle

1.0 out of 5 stars A blast from the past .... but not in a good way., 29 July 2014
J. Buckle "buckello" (Liverpool, UK) - See all my reviews
These are simply poor quality balls, old fashioned in function and certainly not match quality. I run a couple of junior football teams and we have tried a number of different types of balls over time in both matches and training sessions. I have to say that training quality balls from other manufacturers are more suited to match situations (and training) than these ones.

Reasons? They are hard skinned and need to be pumped up far too much to retain any bounce or shape. There is no "give" in them once you have done this, meaning they are difficult to get a decent contact on with a boot or trainer and not easy to control and strike well, particularly for kids just trying to develop their technique. In cold weather conditions you might as well be kicking a cricket ball, the kids hate them and their general quality of the play is poor. As for building up the confidence to head a ball - forget it! They remind me of the horrific things I had to kick around in school games in the 1970s, although I'm sure the dusty grey suits at the FA would love that.

So anyway, don't buy these - go for Adidas or Nike replica balls which are actually cheaper in the 12-14 range. They are more durable, but more importantly, they actually let youngsters enjoy and develop their skills. Failing that a 99p "striker" from the local paper shop would be more fun at least.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor balls, 26 Jan 2014
Bought these footballs for use in 5-a-side. Despite the material lasting quite well and not scuffing over time, unfortunately both balls 'egged' the first night of use (60 mins) during outdoor 5-a-side.

Will be choosing different balls again next time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 20 May 2014
When I got this football I thought It would be great as I needed a decent football a couple of days later we tried pumping it up but it wouldn't, we brought a new pump... Still nothing. Bad quality. Don't Get!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good bounce, not too hard, 6 May 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy online, 11 Dec 2013
When buying online you buy in faith that the product you are sent has been 'quality tested' -my ball came with a quite large 'egg' in it, awaiting a replacement ball to come in the post as we speak.
I bought it whilst on offer, next time it'll be from a shop where I can see the ball first, less hassle that way.

The ball was a good quality despite being the wrong shape.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 Aug 2014
Just as expected, thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 5 May 2014
Fantastic ball, just what you need to play with a child of toddler age to 7. I recommend the ball for budding football players.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality Ball, 4 May 2014
Good quality Junior match ball at a training ball price and bought for that reason. My sons team use soft touch balls for training but the match balls the use are much harder. I got this so he can get used to the feel when he is practicing on his own and with friends. It comes deflated so you will need a pump, I would also suggest you get a pressure gauge so you can make sure you inflate to the correct PSI. Good for grass and astro but would more than likely scuff badly on concrete but what ball wouldn't . So far kept its shape and stayed inflated and looks like it will last.

1.0 out of 5 stars Just simply poor, 24 Jan 2014
Poor. Expected better. Compared it to the size of a prepumped Adidas ball and this was smaller. Buy something else

3.0 out of 5 stars Not worth more than 7, 8 Jan 2014
Bought 2 of these during the sales (9.99 each) for my Sunday league football team. I would rate them at 6/10. They can be used but they are very hard when being played with (however they feel a bit soft when picked up and tested). I am hoping that it is just the cold weather but the general consensus amongst the players is to not use them as they are ****...

Mitre Ultimatch Training Ball