Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.71

on 27 July 2013
I have known this classic for some years. It has always proved a clear and immense help in my Christian journey. I bought it as I needed a new one. People coming to it new would, in my opinion, find it a growing treasure, one of those kept on the bookshelf but taken down frequently for further reading. The Pursuit of God is not a book to skim through and think you know it. This book is for you if you really want to learn, but is not 'heavy' reading. There are more academic approaches to the subject. This is approachable and enjoyable for all of us. I would certainly recommend it to anyone interested in the subject.
on 30 January 2014
The more we realise that God pursued us first the more we understand his grace knows no end and we can stop getting hung up on our failures and concentrate on running after him not letting the devil stop us through guilt or shame, just focusing on the leading of the Holy spirit and running the race
on 22 February 2014
Great book, very clear and easy to follow. Gives guidance and instruction with examples to highlight the main points. Some areas are personally challenging - overall a fantastic tool for personal growth and reflection
on 16 January 2014
An excellent read. Small chapters to allow reflection and meditation over each one. I really feed on Tozer's writings. Always pointing to our Living Christ.
on 3 November 2014
I have always been deeply challenged by Tozer's writings, and this book, new to me, is no exception. Although written many years ago it is as topical as ever, challenging the lack of Christian awareness of the spiritual union God desires to have with all his people, and the consequent satisfaction with a superficial commitment to godly living. It is passionate writing from an author who knew the wonder of an intimate relationship with God and who grieved that it seemed such an uncommon experience.
on 14 June 2014
I have written a review on The Utter Relief of Holiness by John Eldridge (which was amazing). That book led me to this one, I can't exactly remember but I think John Eldridge quoted from it. Anyway, this is a fantastic book. It has a different angle on holiness to the other but still equally valid and helps with a different perspective. I have learnt so much from reading both of these. From them I went on to read "The Me I want to be" by John Ortberg and it is so strange how three different books can give you different views but still all be so right and valid. They have all helped in enabling me to draw closer to God and set about giving great practical ways to help get a deeper relationship with Him. Buy it you will not be disappointed.
on 2 July 2014
A W Tozer is a favourite author of mine. His biblical teaching is much needed for today's world.
on 25 May 2016
When there is so much Christian literature that is bland and watered down, this was a real pleasure to read. Tozer's work is firmly based on Scripture, and he 'tells it like it is'. It's clear that this writer's personal priority is faithfully to teach the good news of Jesus to those who have never understood it, and to lead to real spiritually those Christians whose churches are teaching only the basics of what discipleship to the living Jesus Christ really means.

If you are seeking to deepen your walk with God, then I suggest that this book is for you - and I should also warn that it's not for the faint hearted, or for those who want a spiritual diet consisting exclusively of fluffy, comforting words. Zealous, devoted and truthful he definitely is. Tactful he ain't!
on 18 February 2015
A book that every Christian should read. Written in excellent English, this book will enrich and edify you as a Christian. 'In Pursuit of God ' helps you to understand the God Head and throws more light to the importance of worshipping God in spirit and in truth. I highly recommend this book to all Christians who hunger for God.
on 5 June 2016
Although this was written many years ago it still has an enormous relevance to today's Church. It is easy to read and understand and explains that getting to know God in an intimate personal way is more important to a Christian than following church traditions.