5.0 out of 5 stars Saw the tour
Published 11 months ago by R. sherratt

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as sharp as the others
Though it's good for a few laughs, Bailey's latest show notably lacks the philosophical, intellectual and surreal edges of his previous tours. I would still encourage people to watch Qualmpeddler, if only the once, but it deals mainly with familiar contemporary topics, sparse anecdotes and a minimalist musical element.
Published 9 months ago by Crossflower

5.0 out of 5 stars Saw the tour, 15 Oct 2013
R. sherratt (Lancashire England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bill Bailey: Qualmpeddler (Live 2013) [DVD] (DVD)
Most gifted of entertainers & musicians ever. Had tears running with laughter & not for first time but for this tour took my teenage niece who undestood everything along with her parents & my partner & everyone laughed at politics to music trends..... Who needs NevermindtheblackbooksQID! We have the amazing Bill Bailey but best not to give anything away but does play horns again to dramatic effect.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant!, 27 Jun 2013
This review is from: Bill Bailey: Qualmpeddler (Live 2013) [DVD] (DVD)
I was there for the DVD record at the Hammersmith Apollo and was blow away by his intelligence and wit. Bill Bailey is a truly gifted comedian and I seriously recommend this show.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 24 Nov 2013
This review is from: Bill Bailey: Qualmpeddler (Live 2013) [DVD] (DVD)
I saw this show live and it was absolutely amazing! One of the funniest stand up routines I've ever seen! Will be buying this DVD so I can watch it again!

5.0 out of 5 stars How I cried..., 16 Oct 2013
This review is from: Bill Bailey: Qualmpeddler (Live 2013) [DVD] (DVD)
How I cried... quite literally. This is one of the funniest shows I have ever seen in Leicester's Demontfort hall. Bill Bailey was hilarious, clever, witty and down right entertaining. I could barely get my breath. If you get the chance, go see him live; it was money well spent and even the wife and son were in hysterics. Bill - you made our week. Just brilliant. This is on my Christmas list, I need to re-live it; so many gags I missed some because I could barely breathe.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as sharp as the others, 14 Dec 2013
This review is from: Bill Bailey: Qualmpeddler (Live 2013) [DVD] (DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars NO QUALM'S ABOUT THE VERY SPECIAL....BILL BAILEY., 24 Sep 2014
This review is from: Bill Bailey: Qualmpeddler (Live 2013) [DVD] (DVD)
WITH a 99p buy of DANDELION MIND,I was introduced to the MAGNIFICENT BILL BAILEY! Where have i been? To be frank i'm sick of hearing on the likes of 4 xtra somebody telling me they are a comedian,and how they just always wanted to be one and so and so won some award........LIKE ITS SOME KIND OF CAREER CHOICE!!!!WHY LIKE XFACTOR DO THEY SQUEEZE THE LIFE OUT OF SOMETHING I USED TO LOOK FORWARD TO !!!LIKE AN UNKNOWN BAND OR FOR ME IN THIS CASE OF GREAT THOUGHT INDUCED THATS TINGED WITH MANY INTERESTING TOPICS!!!!!!AND TO TOP IT OFF NOT TO MUCH SWEARING AND SHOUT AND PAD OUT YOUR TOUR DVD WITH HOURS OF OVER THE TOP BLATHER, WHICH DIES A DEATH AFTER HALF AN HOUR!!!!!....LIKE THE OTHER DVD I SAW THE XTRAS WERE WORTH A VIEW AND THE STORY OF THE OWL IS VERY MOVING.BILL BAILEY KINOWS WHAT HE WANTS TO SAY AND IS VERY COMFORTABLE IN HIS OWN SHOES,AND THOUGH I WOULD SAY THE OTHER SHOW WAS BETTER, BILL HAS A NEW FOLLOWER AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MORE. QUALMPEDDLER IS QUALITY,AND THIS DVD WAS PURCHASED VIA AMAZON .U.K.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 29 Mar 2014
This review is from: Bill Bailey: Qualmpeddler (Live 2013) [DVD] (DVD)
Bill Bailey is a genius when he's playing music. His early DVDs are a testament to this. Which is why I don't understand why in this, and his other recent DVDs, he's decided to wander around the stage waffling and giggling instead of playing to his strengths. Apart from one beautiful deconstruction of the Match of the Day theme, most of the main show is just talking or pre-recorded music that Bailey pratts along to. The encore is a wonderful three-track return to form but even at the end of this there are instruments on stage that he never bothered to play. It's also marred by a video that some viewers - and clearly parts of the audience - might find distressing.

I didn't like Dandelion Mind for the same reason, Bill Bailey disappearing up the legend that is Bill Bailey, so I probably won't bother with the next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny., 25 Jan 2014
This review is from: Bill Bailey: Qualmpeddler (Live 2013) [DVD] (DVD)
Bill Bailey is always excellent in my opinion, and this DVD is no exception. His usual mix of comedy rambling and musical genius, make it very entertaining.

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius, 9 Jan 2014
This review is from: Bill Bailey: Qualmpeddler (Live 2013) [DVD] (DVD)
Bill Bailey is unequalled in his genius - the thinking person's musical comedian. Very funny addition to our collection of his work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Purchased as a present, 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: Bill Bailey: Qualmpeddler (Live 2013) [DVD] (DVD)
This dvd the latest from Bill Bailey was purchased as a present for my partner for Christmas - we watched it last night - brilliant as usual, just what you expect as a Bill fan. Like having Bill in the front room. Brilliant Bill at his best.

Bill Bailey: Qualmpeddler (Live 2013) [DVD]