4.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect
I ordered this as you always need Micro SD/SD cards these days, whether as back up or to transfer music or photos between devices.

Published 29 days ago by Essex Girl

3.0 out of 5 stars Card great adapter a bit iffy.
Published 23 days ago by Tox

4.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect, 20 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

Packaging is minimal and 'green' which is great but doesn't give a secure storage for the card/adaptor when not in use. The cheaper Kingston card I bought a week prior was encased in reusable plastic so I can both see and protect the card. This one is just in a small 'envelope' that is not secure. Whilst it is a tight fit, so unlikely to fall out, I prefer the less-green but reusable and more useful plastic holder.

My phone (Xperia Z3) takes the Micro SD so to transfer pictures to it, I used the adaptor in my laptop. I didn't get anywhere near the advertised 40 MB/s rate. I don't think it went over 10 MB/s. This isn't a huge problem for me as I don't have the need to transfer a huge amount of files on a regular basis, so for my occasional use the card is fine. The micro version worked fine in my phone and with the adaptor worked in my camera, digital photo frame and laptop. For some bizarre reason the card would not work in conjunction with my USB Bytestore card reader (although other cards work with it fine), so if you have a device that is USB dependent (my older Surface tablet) then this may not be the right product for you. (I also tried the USB reader in my laptop and it didn't work with that either so it is not the device).

Obviously time will tell with durability but in summary it is a reasonable card but beware you may not get advertised transfer times, nor may it be compatible with USB card readers. I may not buy this again, if I can get a comparable Sandisk or Kingston for less.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent low cost high speed solution, 15 Mar. 2015
metacritic "zshamas" (West Midlands, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First time I have used Bytestor products. Good low cost general purpose stoarage card comes as a micro SD card format (for phones etc) also supplied with a full size adapter if required for things like cam-corders, digital cameras etc.

Have just tested the speed, managed to transfer a 1Gb file in 75 seconds, give it a write speed of about 13Mbps, read speed for the same file was clocked at 15 seconds, giving a read speed of about 66Mbps, so very good performance figures in the real world.

Comes with a 5 year warranty, but only time and usage will tell how reliable this card will turn out to be. I like the very simple no nonsense environmentally friendly packaging which allows you quickly unpackage the SD card whilst at the same time providing sufficient protection for the SD card.

4.0 out of 5 stars ByteStor Pro 16GB 40Mbps Class 10 High Speed Micro SDHC UHS-1 Card with SDHC Card Adapter, 15 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First thing to say is that I really appreciate the way this is packaged. It is "green packaging" so the aim is to reduce waste and cost and so the product is contained inside a perforated paper envelope that you tear open. This is infinitely better and less frustrating than trying to open one of those impossible rip your fingers open plastic things that this type of product usually come in. The downside is that the little plastic box that the card is usually inside is great for storing the card securely. A paper envelope doesn't quite do the same job, but luckily I have a few of these little boxes spare so not a big deal.

The package contains the micro SD card, mine was a 16GB card, and also the adapter which you can use with computers etc. 16GB is a good size and the one that I usually go for and it's handy to have a spare especially if you are travelling a lot as it enables you to carry a lot of extra entertainment with you (books, music, movies etc) and if you happen to be taking a ton of photos you know you won't run out of space.

I tried transferring some photos and music from the laptop to the card and I didn't see anything like the transfer speed they claim. It wasn't any quicker than the one I use now. Perhaps not a huge deal unless you have to do this frequently with large files. The adapter also fits my DSLR though I confess to using my phone camera more these days due to convenience and more megapixels. My new PC doesn't even have a card slot so not sure how much I would use this adapter now anyway, probably just as easy to use the USB cable with my phone and the card installed in the phone. When I checked properties on the card it said the card was empty but that the free space was 14.9GB so the card is already formatted so worth bearing this in mind if you think you can fit 16GB of data on the card, you can't (free space 16,012,771,328 bytes 14.9GB used space 32.0KB)

It seems to work ok and it's actually cheaper than the last one I bought though this one is not the cheapest option on the market currently. Card comes with a 5 year warranty for peace of mind so long as the company offering the warranty is still in business in 5 years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 15 April 2015
Thomas Pots "T Pots" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We've used ByteStor kit a few times before, and found them reliable, and good value for money. We tried this card in a Canon Compact camera, Samsung smartphone, an Oppo smartphone, and a couple of Toshiba laptops, and had no problems with any of them. The card managed respectable speeds in an old SD card slot, though obviously it performed much better in a microSCHC or microSDXC slot. We never reached the advertised 45MB/s. We got pretty close, though our system was not probably stripped-down test system used to get that 45 figure. We have no complaints about its real-world performance though.

The card adapter works fine. Like every other adapter we've used, it is made of very thin plastic, and will start to break apart if you use it frequently, as we have. Overall then, it's a pretty good card for the money. Its headline performance may be unattainable for most users, but it still performs well. Its Long-term reliability is anyone's guess. However, if our experience is anything to go by, the card will be an antique (in computing terms) by the time it needs replacement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Low price Bytrestor high sppeed card., 14 Mar. 2015
Jago Wells - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Bytestor flash card is advertised as a low cost alternative to big brands like Sony. Tried it this morning in a camcorder and it formated straight away and recorded perfectly. The SD card converter means you can obviously use it with standard appliances like Digital cameras or tablets. Should record about 50/60 minutes on a standard cam

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, solid speed, 17 Mar. 2015
Mr. Graham Cummings (Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This microSD card is good for the price, but I think you need USB3.0 to really take advantage of the speed. I've tested it in a few devices and I can't get above 19MB a second transfer (read) speed. Writing to the card, I couldn't get above 11MB. This isn't a problem for me as I don't really have any applications that require such a high data rate as 40MB/s from an microSD card. Although unless you use something like HEVC for video I think you're going to struggle with higher resolutions such as 2K/4K using this card, especially with USB 2.0. I tried using this in the SD card slot on my computer and also through a Kingston SD card reader, and I got consistent and solid data rates copying and writing files at the aforementioned speeds, with no dropouts. I'll update this review in a month or so after using it a while to see just how reliable it is. That said, I've got many a Raspberry Pi in the house, and I never fully trust any SD card I use and I make sure I back up regularly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Card great adapter a bit iffy., 26 Mar. 2015
Tox "Tox" (Leeds UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It's a micro SD card, there is I suppose a limited amount you can say about this type of storage, it either works or it doesn't and I'm pleased to report that this works. I am using it in my in car video camera and is has no issues saving a constant stream of 1080p video as we drive along. Micro SD cards are always a bit fiddly so beware and don't drop it as you may not find it, that however goes for all of them.

On the downside, there seems to be a problem with the adapter. These have a write protect tab and I think there is a fault in the switch inside the adapter. Basically I can read from the card when it's in the adapter but I can't write to it. If I use a different adapter then I have no issues. I've excluded everything but the adapter so am working on the premise that the issue lies there. As I have a stack of adapters it's not a problem for me but if this were mu only Micro SD card then I could have a problem. I'm guessing this may be an issue just for me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Can't condemn this out of hand but didn't suit my needs, 16 Mar. 2015
JJ (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
You can start pressing the Unhelpful button now.
I had hoped to use this to put music on to listen to in my car. My 'radio' does not have a CD player but an SD card slot (someone would have thought this was a good idea). My laptop took the thing quite happily and I downloaded a few items. My system in the car did not recognise that anything was on the card despite me having played back the music on my laptop after downloading, so I knew it was there.
The card was then tried it in a WiiU, it didn't like it either.
I think, and this is just a think, that it was the small integrated chip that caused the problem, but what do I know.
So it will go in my camera.
I'm sure this is a fine thing, if this is what you are looking for, but I found that for my purposes it just didn't work. Will now try bog standard cheaper one. Fingers crossed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent performance, 21 Mar. 2015
Atticman (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
With ever-increasing file sizes, and variations in whether devices accept full size or mini SD cards, having an adapter is definitely a bonus. As this card supports high-speed file transfers it is better used for large files - I use it in my DSLR camera and it is superb - the camera operates at a higher speed as it can access previews etc faster, and transferring them to my desktop is much quicker than the old 8GB card I was using.

One final note - I really liked the simple packaging this came in (just a single piece of cardboard) but open it above a bed or something so you don't lose the mini-SD when you pop it out!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and speed, the higher specced sibling is better value, 20 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a good straightforward product at a perfectly reasonable price. There is though, plenty of competition out there and decent quality no-name cards of this size and class (ie speed) can be had around a fiver elsewhere (see 7dayshop also on amazon).

What is rather better value is the high speed card byteStor which in this size is cheaper than this more basic one.

I was pleased to see it coming in an ordinary paper and polythene wrapper - appropriately green

Overall decent value for a card which is fast enough for all but the most demanding applications.