4.0 out of 5 stars Great until this morning when it stopped working
I quite liked the new version but it would be nice to have the download option as per the tv app.

this morning however its stopped working saying it requires an essential update which takes you to the google app link not amazon.

I tried removing and reloading but still get the same message so is anyone experiencing the same problem of have the beeb...
Published 10 months ago by david Richards

1.0 out of 5 stars what has happened?
Why can't I update? I loved using my radio so, listening to what I like when I like,now I can't update at all. Someone please help me.
Published 10 months ago by V L HADFIELD

‹ Previous | 1 2 396 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars The clock is ticking Amazon, 10 May 2014
This review is from: BBC iPlayer Radio (App)
Yet another application which is upgraded for mainstream Android while Amazon's customised version won't allow it.
I've put up with Amazon's restrictions so far because I actually do like my Kindle HD, but not for much longer if Amazon keeps treating its loyal customers so badly.
Either keep up with the upgrades and new applications or open up the Google app store to Kindle, or I'm off to buy a PROPER Android tablet.

1.0 out of 5 stars kindle apps can't update, 9 May 2014
Ms. L. Banks "pure genius" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BBC iPlayer Radio (App)
First they took away the favourite feature which seems bizarre and now it won't work at all. It requires an update which takes you to the Google play page. Fix this now. App is useless.

1.0 out of 5 stars what's gone wrong this time?, 9 May 2014
This review is from: BBC iPlayer Radio (App)
Why do the BBC keep messing with what was a perfectly good app. Can't download the new upgrade onto my Kindle. Says my device is not compatible. Come on BBC. Stop being a pain in the boots and fix this thing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless Upgrade, 10 May 2014
This review is from: BBC iPlayer Radio (App)
Existing app won't work unless I upgrade, upgrade via Google play says no compatible device detected so does that mean iplayer radio is not now available for the Kindle Fire? Seems like a case of breaking something that didn't need fixing. A much used app now useless, thanks bbc.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 9 May 2014
This review is from: BBC iPlayer Radio (App)
What's the old saying ? If it ain't broke don't fix it. I used this app every evening but now it won't upgrade and I am unable to listen to my favourite radio programmes on catch up anymore. Well done !

1.0 out of 5 stars Massive step backward, 9 May 2014
This review is from: BBC iPlayer Radio (App)
The old version was far superior, this so called update is a waste of time, clumsy and definitely not user friendly

1.0 out of 5 stars BBC takes a big step backwards, 6 April 2014
This review is from: BBC iPlayer Radio (App)
The other day, I launched the usual i-player app to listen to radio programmes. My Favourites list had been emptied and when I tried to access the radio section, I was told I needed to get the new radio app.

I can find no way to store Favourites on the new app. As I want to listen to a full series of a radio play, this means I have to do a new search to find the episodes each day. The 'more episodes' button is greyed out so I can't even find the next episode after listening to one without having to search again. This eats into the time I have free but then, to add insult to injury, the programmes don't play as well on this app. They get 'stuck' so the little circle of doom starts turning and keeps going for ages. For two days now, I've been trying to listen to a 15 minute programme and still not made it to the end. The slider bar doesn't work as well on this new app either. And finally, the screen is portrait not landscape like the old one.

Very disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bring back my radio!!!!, 9 May 2014
J. VINES "Welsh girl" (Newbridge, South Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BBC iPlayer Radio (App)
I'm having the same problem, it's telling me I have to upgrade but I can't. Please sort this out Amazon. I've always used this app a lot, I miss it.

1.0 out of 5 stars oh dear !, 9 May 2014
This review is from: BBC iPlayer Radio (App)
What is going on ! It says upgrade but it won't let me. As others have said the old one wad better, can't listen to Ken Bruce or Jeremy now ! Not pleased.

1.0 out of 5 stars what's happened?, 9 May 2014
This review is from: BBC iPlayer Radio (App)
I have been happily using this app to catch up with radio programs I've missed using my Kindle Fire HD. Now it keeps telling me to upgrade but not how to do it! I deleted the app and re-installed but it still gives the same error message. Grrrrr - hopeless product testing!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 396 | Next ›