5.0 out of 5 stars A must for older and / or forgetful people
Published 3 months ago by A. M. Fifield

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful - But
This a useful little program though it has one or two things which cause it problems.
1. There is no auto save, one has to keep remembering to click on the ticks to ensure that it is saved.
2. If one goes to add to a previous saved note, and rotates the pad, any text entered will disappear.
Published 7 months ago by A D C GREIG

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for older and / or forgetful people, 22 Jun 2014
A. M. Fifield "titanne" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Notepad for Kindle Fire (App)
Getting older, I find that I have to make lists of things. I write them on a bit of paper or the back of an envelope, and then I lose the bits of paper or throw the old envelopes out without checking. With this app I can keep notes, add new ones, check on notes made before. I think it will be very useful for me to note what I need to talk to my children about (I don't see them that often), write down what I need to do, what I need to buy, etc.
I've only bought the app yesterday, so haven't really started using it, but I feel this is a great app to have on you Kindle tablet!

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC APP, 9 Jan 2014
M. Bryson - See all my reviews
This review is from: Notepad for Kindle Fire (App)
This is one smart little app! I loved the old yahoo one and literally organized my world on it and then they went and made it all cumbersome.
This one does what it says it will do and with the greatest of ease too! Love being able to email notes. Such a useful app!

5.0 out of 5 stars A simple but effective notepad app, 6 Feb 2014
J. Chambers (Georgia, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Notepad for Kindle Fire (App)
One of the most essential apps for any tablet is a notepad app. The Kindle Fire does not include a native notepad app, but there are dozens of apps available. I've tried about half a dozen of these apps, which varied from absolute bare bones to some that were almost mini word processors. My favorite notepad app is a simple one that allows uploading to a website, where notes can be synced to each device the user has. Unfortunately, the syncing can be buggy and unreliable, so I end up just emailing notes to myself if I need them on another device.

"Notepad for Kindle Fire" is a recently released app that is simple to use, and while it doesn't have many "bells and whistles," it does include the basic functions that a notepad needs:

* Auto-save notes.
* Press the up arrow to export notes to a selected directory as a .txt file.
* Press the down arrow to import notes from a selected directory.
* Press the magnifier icon to search the list of notes for text strings.
* Press the pushpin icon to pin a note to the top of the list (you can also set the order of notes in the list by pressing pushpins in the order that you want the notes displayed).
* Use the select/copy/paste function within notes.
* Send notes by email.

To change the appearance of notes, there's a choice of four font sizes and six fonts. The default font - Sebastian - is the most conventional-looking font and was the most readable one for me.

Overall, I give the app 5 stars for simplicity and ease of use. Unlike some more full-featured notepad apps, the learning curve is very brief. If you need a simple, reliable notepad app, "Notepad for Kindle Fire" is worth a look.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 7 Oct 2013
This review is from: Notepad for Kindle Fire (App)
There isn't a lot to say really - I wanted somewhere just to write myself reminders or lists and this does the job perfectly. Very easy to use and ticks all the boxes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 3 Mar 2014
This review is from: Notepad for Kindle Fire (App)
Being a student about to sit exams, I was looking for a useful note pad that would allow me to email notes to my school account meaning I can access it when I need it. This was hard to come by but after spending a considerable amount of money on useless similar apps I have found what I was after. Brilliant

4.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Fire Notepad, 22 Feb 2014
This review is from: Notepad for Kindle Fire (App)
I think this a very useful addition to the Kindle, easy to make notes or reminders. I would definately recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 27 April 2014
This review is from: Notepad for Kindle Fire (App)
A simple to use, effective jotter app. I have not been using it long but I have not found any drawbacks.

5.0 out of 5 stars handy, 27 April 2014
This review is from: Notepad for Kindle Fire (App)
this is a must for keeping notes shopping lists things to do etc i find it easy to use great

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for notes, 3 Jan 2014
This review is from: Notepad for Kindle Fire (App)
I looked at other notes apps and looked at the reviews plus controls. This one has only one control, which is to external store, and 95% of the reason I decided to try it. The last 5% was the reviews.
It is easy to use, you can edit notes and it is easy to retrieve your notes. I wanted something to make notes with and as my kindle is always with me and has a bigger screen than my phone, it made sense to find one for the kindle.
The instructions for use is the first note when opening, simple. It has a few fonts to choose (not much difference between some of them). It is perfect for notes to myself.

4.0 out of 5 stars Notebook for work, 5 Nov 2013
This review is from: Notepad for Kindle Fire (App)
I chose this notepad to write my every day work notes and submit what i use and what i need.

Notepad for Kindle Fire