4.0 out of 5 stars forever chic
Published 9 months ago by Ms. J. Berry

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful information
There is useful and well-researched information in this book and the reader is left to make her own decisions about its value to her. However, to me, by the end of the book the author's self-complacency was rather nauseating and I have to query the so-called chic dressing of some of the women given as examples.
Published 7 months ago by mary s.

4.0 out of 5 stars forever chic, 21 Oct 2013
Ms. J. Berry "Mydogsmyfriends" (sheffield united kingdom) - See all my reviews
Have Austrian ,Russian, Italian and English in my blood but after reading this book have come to the conclusion somewhere there must be French somewhere that nobody in the family has mentioned. Really liked it and have passed it on to a friend. Most of the things in it is the way I do things anyway but there are one or two tips that were very informative and have tried and tested them with success. Unfortunately the reviews I read beforehand gave the very best tips of all (not unlike film trailers who choose the best bits then when you go to see the film its disappointing). Anyway, you may or may not learn much from it but its an enjoyable read and I'm happy that I bought it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good advice, some ore achievable than others, 24 Jan 2014
This review is from: Forever Chic: Frenchwomen's Secrets for Timeless Beauty, Style, and Substance (Kindle Edition)
This book is well written and easy to dip in and out of. I enjoyed the interaction between the author and her acquaintances as she discovers pearls of wisdom to share with the reader. However, some advice is not really practical, hence 4 stars. I guess I would have given 4.5 if it was possible as this is a small niggle really.

I'd imagine that every woman who reads this book will take away good tips, and for that reason I recommend it to others.

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful information, 4 Dec 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Every woman of every age should read this book, 25 May 2014
I admit I am only 25 (an old 25 perhaps) but even I found this book wonderfully useful. It discusses everything from clothes, diets, jewelry, to skincare hair care, and conversation. It is all encompassing and very enjoyable and I definitely will be rethinking my list of "what is important" in my daily routine.

5.0 out of 5 stars TOUJOURS CHIC, 6 May 2014
Yes - I really enjoyed this book it was well written and informative. It is my ready reconer for "les bonnes adressess" as I now live in Paris. Thank you Tish Jett

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun book, 6 Feb 2014
Well written and insighful. It gives a nice account of how some french women go about their way of life and style.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 28 Jan 2014
Well constructed, beautifully written book, with creditable information and unlimited gap for imagination. I have read a couple of books on this matter for a similar research (not for a book, but for a anthropological reasons) and can say that this book is the best out there. Bravo Tish!

5.0 out of 5 stars C'est tres bien!, 28 Nov 2013
E. A. Day (Hertfordshire, U.K.) - See all my reviews
As I am an 'Aging lady' I appreciated the ideas and tips in this book. I keep this book beside my bed and dip into it most mornings.

4.0 out of 5 stars Forever Chic, 14 Dec 2013
I really like it. Trying to read slowly to keep reading for longer.
Author suggestion and finding not for every pocket : (

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth reading, 1 Nov 2013
Same old material geared at women who are wealthy
Many points repeated
The myth of the french woman continues unabated