5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars
brilliant read
Published 23 days ago by david bliss

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly Simplistic
Ugh, this book was like Mills and Boon but with M/M relationships and a foursome; people falling in love almost immediately and telling each other how they can never live without the each other. And it's like a soap opera with an unusually high percentage of gay men living in the one place.

The books could be read individually as each one focuses on a...
Published 14 months ago by G. Paterson

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 July 2014
brilliant read

5.0 out of 5 stars Just beautiful and breathtaking, 2 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Complete Texas Soul Series Box Set (Kindle Edition)
a raw roller coaster of a ride.Amazing characters truly beautiful and always a rush.I loved the characters and the story line.I loved the twists and turns.I was shocked and surprised at some of the events.I would love to think there is a place where gay men can share their experiences and help those young guy men to accept that the emotions they feel are just as valid as heterosexual couples.fantastic

5.0 out of 5 stars enjoy, 10 May 2014
This review is from: The Complete Texas Soul Series Box Set (Kindle Edition)
I found this a really good read I liked that the original characters stayed through out the whole series and yes it was fully loaded with sex

2.0 out of 5 stars Twisted twists & turns, 9 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Complete Texas Soul Series Box Set (Kindle Edition)
I have to be careful not to give away any spoilers but how I wish I had read the first novel only and stopped there. I persisted and read all 6 waiting for some semblance of reality to permeate this ridiculous world created by the author, but none was forthcoming.
My biggest issues were:
- everyone falling in love in 24hours oversimplified and very adolescent.
- one particular lead character was unpleasant, selfish and manipulative, and it became very difficult to understand and rationalise the loving behaviour of others towards him throughout the series. After a while I gave up.
- stereotypical and often patronizing behaviour of male gay relationships, and in fact, all relationships.
- I liked the character of Lane in book 1; by book 5 I loathed him. That's quite something considering he's the lead character.
- the sex was repetitive, boring, often superfluous.
- overkill on use of "babe" & c'mon - answering every phone call to your partner with "I love you" without even saying "hi" - I mean really?!?!!

Great book / series if you want a weak plot, weak characters, and weak ending. As a plus, cheap for 6 books.

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG – FANTASTIC !!!!! 5 Stars not enough, 1 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Complete Texas Soul Series Box Set (Kindle Edition)
This set of books have to be the best books I have read in a VERY VERY long time !!!!!

Warning loads of gay “fifty shades” of sex – but don’t be prudish the story line through out every chapter / book had me absolutely hooked, holding my breath, screaming, heart racing, I did not wanting to put my kindle down.

The story revolves round the lives of the main characters Lane & Gresh and all those people who come into it - Riley & Connor / Mike, Erick & Sterling, Jump & Bruce, Jamie & Kip plus…. It has everything to keep you engrossed, drama, love, sadness, obsession, hate….

Lastly if you have read any other books by Sara you will notice towards the end of this series she brings in the main character of another of her books – Grant from Colorado Heart Series – ALSO A BRILLIANT READ.

5.0 out of 5 stars A sweet male romance, 2 Nov 2013
M. Clode "Team Clode" (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Complete Texas Soul Series Box Set (Kindle Edition)
I loved this, several love stories in one. Even though it was male romance it was really sweet. The book gives lots of description, so you can easily picture everything. A good read

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly Simplistic, 2 Jun 2013
G. Paterson - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Complete Texas Soul Series Box Set (Kindle Edition)

The books could be read individually as each one focuses on a particular couple but the characters are recurring throughout the books, particularly the couple from the 1st book. Also most of the books have a cliffhanger that follows into the next one and there is an epilogue at the end which sets up another set of books.

Overall it is not a terrible read but I don't think I will read them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing read in its intirety!, 15 May 2013
Wow!! Just WOW!!
If you have any doubts as to whether you should buy this book...don ot give in to your doubts!
This book is well worth the investment and certainly keeps your temperature at an all time high throughout...especially the first book - although its difficult to point out which is best.
There is enough of everything - lots of sex (lots!), emotional storylines, drama, hurt, deep love, funny, shower action..oh and a bit of cheatng (disguised as 'love'?)

I had no idea that I would love cowboy books so much but this series absolutely changed my views and the fact that its m/m turned it up a notch! Sarah York is indeed an ingenious author who keeps her readers intrigued.