on 1 July 2014
First a quick caveat if you plan to power a 3.3v device from this board - take 2 seconds put a meter on the 3.3v pin and check it isn't 5V as mine was (blowing attached transceiver module). I have no reason to doubt 4tronix when they say this was the first time they experienced the problem but I think I've seen another review mentioning it (different supplier). .I'm still giving it 5 stars because a free replacement board arrived from 4tronix within 24hrs of my email to them.

FOR:

The micro controller is in a socket, not soldered, so can be replaced in case of disaster.

It's an Arduino! There are huge numbers of inexpensive sensors, relays, etc. available online to make pretty much any gadget you can imagine.

AGAINST

I'm scraping the barrel but...

The 'official' Arduino board I have has clearly printed markings on the side of the headers, not just on the PCB as this has.
It makes life a bit easier, but I'm not sure it's worth paying 40% more for.

If you aren't familiar with Arduino, before buying look at www.arduino.cc which has all the info you need. There are no instructions with the board, so if you are a complete beginner, consider buying a 'kit'..
on 12 February 2014
I ordered two boards so that I could do some programming whilst the other is in use.

The boards arrived well packaged in a sealed antistatic wrap within a padded envelope along with the two USB cables.

The boards are a Funduino UNO R3 brand. They came pre-programmed with the Blink sketch (program) so that, after downloading and installing the drivers, an on-board orange LED winked at me as soon as I plugged it in to a USB port. I changed the blink ratio just to confirm I could upload and run a sketch. Quite satisfying. Little things please little minds.

My needs, at the moment, are fairly modest. The plan is to use one board to log my energy usage using simple detectors attached to my meters and adding an SD-card shield to record the count data.

It's been quite a while since I did any programming so it will be a while before I know how capable these boards really are. But so far, so good.
on 17 August 2014
Just bought several of these, as far as I can tell it is a pretty accurate clone - it says 'Arduino' on the board rather than 'Funduino' (as on a previous one I bought) or 'Hobby Components' as in the picture. Seems good quality, the only obvious differences from a genuine Arduino Uno are the component next to the USB port which is green rather than the gold colour on a genuine unit, and the fact that the pin13 and power LEDs are red rather than yellow. otherwise, works just fine as a compatible clone.
on 9 May 2015
This board is a kosher revison 3 board - but my board says "Hobby Components" on it, unlike ones other people have mentioned. I use the Arduino software to program it, and that sees it as a Uno. It is very nicely made and I am pleased to have it on my table in the transparent acrylic case I bought for it at the same time.It has givenm me hours of fun - and there are many more to come.
on 27 June 2014
Fantastic little board, and very easy to use and program. Also bought the big brother Mega for my Flight sim cockpit programming, for the fantastic number of output pins available.
Will easily run servos and stepper motors due to the pwm pins available (needs separate power supply for these, or you WILL burn out the board!).
I built the Bitwhacker USB I/O boards using the PIC2550/4550, but the (Atmega) Arduino is far easier to use and program.
Get the UNO for small projects, and the MEGA for larger ones.
Highly recommended even though these boards are compatibles, rather than the originals, as reflected in the prices. You can afford to screw one up at this price, although I would rather not!
on 4 May 2014
I already had a genuine Arduino but wanted a second to do some other stuff on (like using one as a chip programmer). This is a no-BS 100% compatible as far as I can tell. It is does not pretend to be a be a genuine Arduino like some cloner makers sell. So all in all very happy with the quality and the price.
on 12 July 2015
Bought these with a little trepidation as I knew they were not originals, but thought as the price was so good I had to give them a try, and thought that if there was any problem I would return them. I received them in good time, opened them up, I'd bought 2, and was very pleased with how they looked, well made, and frankly beautiful. Tested each electronically and they both worked fine. Had no problems at all so recommend this company.
on 9 January 2014
A fine Arduino UNO compatible board. Has run some quite complex UNO sketches. Have used most pins and many features without any problem.
on 8 February 2014
This was my first time using an Arduino, so i decided to save a few £'s and go with the Arduino compatible from Funduino and i'm glad that i did.

The device worked perfectly - i used it to control an LED light strip to provide ambient lighting for my gaming PC, using Adalight and Ambibox.

Would definitely buy this product again for any future projects.
on 4 June 2014
My board arrived quickly and it was reasonably well packed. It seems to be Uno compatible OK and is very good value for the money.

Although I have not used an Arduino board before I have it running on Windows 7 and also Mint 17 with very little effort..