Price:£30.01 - £40.00

on 22 March 2014
Having not seen this light in the flesh I was staggered by its size when it arrived. It really is tiny for the specification. Simple fittings and a helmet mount included. Works as it should and the beam pattern is perfect to let you see ahead and the road too. Nice to have a charge indicator and there are different settings so you can vary the brightness and run time as needed. The bracket is low tech but works just fine. The button is a bit hard to press when you are going along but it is not a massive issue. Light is more yellow than the brilliant/cooler blue white you often get with LEDs but you can't tell in use. Also the USB port on the rear has a small rubber cover that doesn't fill you with confidence when it comes to longevity and water sealing.

Overall, compared to its competitors it is well made and for the light it throws out, superb. Recommended.
on 6 January 2015
Brightness is good, but otherwise disappointing. I can't switch between flashing and non-flashing modes without turning the light off, so there's no point in having the different options. I managed to rip the USB charger cover off when removing the strap fitting in the dark, the second time I used it. The charging light goes from blue to red in the space of ten minutes and loses its charge within a couple of days (and I only travel a maximum of 30 mins a day), although so far the light hasn't actually got any dimmer. So if you buy this light, I recommend you use the shoe fitting to avoid tearing off the USB charger cover and then maybe you won't have the issues with charging that I have had. I've only had it for a couple of months now, but am looking for something else instead.
on 10 February 2015
Amazing little light! I bought this to replace a 1800 lumen Cree light I bought off ebay.
I was quite concerned that it wouldn't be bright enough for the dark lanes I ride on. But it's fantastic, it lights up the road beautifully and I feel confident travelling at speed and being able to see the pot holes.

Battery life for me works out at around 80 minutes. I don't take a lot of notice of the battery status light, it goes from blue to green within 5 minutes and it was flashing red for me last night after 30 minutes riding. I only run it on it's brightest setting so couldn't say how long it would last on the lower settings.

All in all a brilliant little light that I am mightily impressed with.
on 6 October 2013
Moon lights are always very compact, and produce excellent illumination despite their size. If you have limited space on your handle bars these are the ones to go for. I also like their elastic easy fitting and easy detachability, along with their USB charging. I do however tend to have 2 lights, one as a reserve, because at top power the lights have a limited time. I also purchased the Cateye Nano Shot RC Front Bike Light - it's a little bigger, the fitting is slightly less neat but it is also USB chargeable. However it's big virtue is that it is significantly brighter than the moon light, so I prefer it. Having said that both are good bright lights the catseye brighter, the moon a neater deign.
on 22 February 2014
I've wasted so much money on cheap bike lights. The brackets always fall off when your riding, the threading comes loose on the fixings, they eat up batteries and just aren't very bright. This light addresses every single one of theses issues. Great, strong rubber fixings that you can just pop on an off, super-bright and rechargeable. Seems to charge pretty fast too. Sometimes it pays to get quality and I think bike lights are one of those times. Also comes with sturdy looking helmet fixing, I haven't tested it yet but if it's anything like the rest you won't be disappointed.
on 11 January 2015
Great little light. Out of its three brightness levels, the average setting is enough for seeing and being seen.
The construction appears to be incredibly good and the handlebar mount is a very sturdy one-size-fits-all piece of work that keeps the light in its place even when going over rough terrain or making jumps.
As a sidenote, you can charge this while it's on.

My only issue is the running time, which I haven't measured, but it's not too long before it red-lights, especially on the highest brightness level. Still 5 stars for the price/performance.
on 11 December 2013
A fantastic light. Even had the function of s.o.s in light mode. The light was so good some b####d stole my whole bike just to get their hands on it
on 3 September 2014
Its matchbox sized and rechargeable. Light is very bright and can function as a flashing "be seen" light or a constant beam. I can cycle unlit tracks comfortably on full power and decrease it for lit roads. Its cheap for what it offers. The catch is batterly life. I use it for an hour daily, probably longer. A lot of the time I'm on full power, and I charge it daily. If that pattern suits you - buy one. If you are travelling longer or can't easily recharge, its maybe not the right light for you.
on 27 November 2014
For the price the Moon Meteor bike light is ok.
The lamp is bright and for a dark nights commute where there are no street lamps it will light your way no problem.
If you are looking to light up a forest then this isn't for you.

Only grumble that I have is the battery life, after fulling charging the light before my cycle home (a 40min journey) I was surprised to see that on medium (or high as it's called) it dropped to green just 5minutes into my journey, by around 20-25mins the red led had come on, although I didn't notice a change in brightness and it did last my entire journey it's a little disconcerting when the battery life on medium (high) is supposed to be around 4hours.

I've put a Cateye or Lezyne bike light on my Christmas wish list to replace this as my main cycle light (will prob mount it to my helmet as a secondary torch). Lets see what Santa brings me.
on 25 October 2015
Great little light but let down a bit by the flimsy cover for the charging port. I had this for a year or two with no problem until the rubber grommet which covers the usb port came off. Despite covering the port over with tape, eventually damp got in to the light and it went on the blink (literally ) and wouldn't turn off then would turn on randomly etc. A shame because it is very bright and nice and compact. It also easy to slide on and off the handlebar mount unlike some other lights.