5.0 out of 5 stars The light FANTASTIC!!
Published on 28 Sep 2011 by Dave fae the Deen

3.0 out of 5 stars Works OK, fixing slightly annoying
Published 10 months ago by T. S. Prince

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The light FANTASTIC!!, 28 Sep 2011
This review is from: Moon GEM 2.0 Rear Light (Sports)
I got a pair (front and rear) of these lights and was a bit dubious when they arrived because they're so small and light. Once I switched them on all doubts evaporated. They're REALLY BRIGHT! The fixing rubber straps are fantastic. You can attach these anywhere on the bike and they won't slip or fall off, even on bumpy terrain (a problem I've had 3 times now with click-lock lights). The light also rotates on the strap for fine angle adjustment. I have a lot of cables cluttering the handle bars on my bike, so it was great to be able to hang this upside down under the bars. I've tried these out in full darkness on a busy main road and they're just as bright and effective as any light I've had before. They also stand up well to extremely wet conditions unlike some lights I've had before. They recharge by way of a small rubber flip-plug USB port at the rear.

If you're looking for bright, small, lightweight, water resistant rechargeable lights that won't slip or fall off, at a very good price, then I can't recommend these highly enough. Excellent value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good but wrong photo, 30 Sep 2011
This review is from: Moon GEM 2.0 Rear Light (Sports)
Well its my fault for not double checking the order, but they are using the photo of the Moon Front LED on this listing (the rear light is red) - which is why I was a little surprised to get the rear light delivered.

However - I have to say that the product looks excellent - it's very compact, about 5cm long - looks well made and is a very nice piece of kit.
The leds are powerful and the strobe would do well at a rave. The rubber strap is good and so I think it will go nicely on my backpack when I'm on the road - try and warn off the increasing number of fat white van men and boy racers that think 5cm of space between my helmet and their wing mirror is adequate :)

I'll now order the front light.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works OK, fixing slightly annoying, 11 Dec 2013
T. S. Prince - See all my reviews
This review is from: Moon GEM 2.0 Rear Light (Sports)
I have also reviewed the Moon GEM 2.0 Front Light and this product is basically the same, but with a red light and red lens (unlike the image shown). The downside of that is that the mount isn't ideal for rear-facing mounting. After experimenting a bit with mounting it under the seat or on the seatpost, I eventually resorted to mounting it on the seatstay just above the mounting bracket, so that it can't slip down. It seems reasonably secure there, but needs twisting to make sure it's pointing at the competition, ahem..., other commuters.

USB charging is great and the light is plenty bright enough for a rear light. The modes are: normal brightness, bright, crazy-fast-blink, normal blink.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Chap., 15 Nov 2011
This review is from: Moon GEM 2.0 Rear Light (Sports)
For such a small light with no weight, it gives an impressive (glaring to a point) amount of light, through the eyes of a motorist. really easy to attach and detach. Ive advised friends to buy and people have asked what light it is to purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good rear (red!) light, 13 Oct 2011
Cosimo Alfarano (Bologna, Italy) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Moon GEM 2.0 Rear Light (Sports)
I did the same mistake of someone else, buying this item looking at the photo, which showed a bright/clear light, and not reading properly the title: "Recharge rear light".

Anyway, I needed both so I kept it and I am happy with it. It's particularly good if you own more than one bike and from time to time you need to use the other one, you don't need any kind of mount installed on both.

As a rear light it seems to be quite good, I cycle in city roads, but I *guess* as rear light it would be good on country roads as well.

I'm only worried about how long the rubber band will last, if I plug and unplug it everyday even during the winter.
It seems to be quite good, though.
Also the band has several holes, but I'm not sure how people are supposed to use any hole but the last one (larger) on a frame.

Still need to test the battery life, starting using it now as days get shorter.
Also not tried under rainy situations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit, 17 Sep 2014
This review is from: Moon GEM 2.0 Rear Light (Sports)
Great piece of kit. Tiny, weighs nothing, plenty bright enough, great battery life. ignore the muppet who says it only mounts on a horizontal bar,look at the photos, it also mounts sideways on a seat post and is easily adjustable up and down without making any difference to the light pattern.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little rear light, 17 July 2014
This review is from: Moon GEM 2.0 Rear Light (Sports)
Repeat of my front light review. Great little rear light. Teeny tiny - about the size of a matchbox but well built partially metal chasis. Very bright and rechargable by USB port on computer (lead supplied) or a USB adaptor if you have one. You stretch the strap to attach and remove so easy to put on - and no more cracked mountings (I must have bought 4 or 5 of the AA type front lights with the slide on mounting and they keep breaking!) This rubber strap looks a MUCH better idea - I think this will last a long time. Nice and bright with a quick or slow flashing mode. No idea of battrery charge life yet - but it did keep its charge for a few days until I needed it and it was still bright as it was when just charged. Seems a great purchase, worth spending that little bit extra on. Rear light is identical to front, just red!

2.0 out of 5 stars This is a very good light. But the mounting lets it down dramatically, 12 Sep 2014
G. RC M. Esq (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Moon GEM 2.0 Rear Light (Sports)
This is a very good light. But the mounting lets it down dramatically. It needs to be mounted on a horizontal bar (like a handlebar) - but it's a rear light so there normally aren't horizontal bars. If you have a normal bike without any horizontal bars at the back, don't buy this light.

Otherwise- very bright (much brighter than the £2 silicone jobs) and very easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Bright, 14 April 2014
This review is from: Moon GEM 2.0 Rear Light (Sports)
Great for a wee light. Easy to fit, has stayed on so far. The charge doesn't last as long as it says though, it's fine for urban cycling but probably not bright enough for tracks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 25 Mar 2014
This review is from: Moon GEM 2.0 Rear Light (Sports)
Excellent and chargeable at work - so great - no battery cost ! Easily attachable on the bike - so hard to find fault.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›