4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent preschool toy
Published 13 months ago by Mrs K. A. R. W.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, there are better leapfrog toys though!
It is a nice toy, though not really user friendly, and the sounds become annoying which isn't the case for the other leapfrog puppy toy.
Published 26 days ago by M. Quinnell

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent preschool toy, 17 Oct 2013
Mrs K. A. R. W. "Ha Tikvah" (N. Ireland U.K.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I fell in love with this long before my granddaughter even set eyes on it, & so wish I'd had something for myself when I was a child. It's a perfect size for cuddling and yet very durable despite being dropped repeatedly. I sometimes felt I wanted to rescue "her" but she proved my fears unfounded. I think (in a perfect world) the only extra I'd have liked would have been removable coats/covers for washing as it can get a bit dirty at times, but easily sponged clean.

Educationally, the books are fine. Patting Violet's head began the story, & it was lovely watching my granddaughter almost falling asleep to the slightly hypnotic voice. With the stories being interactive, it keeps the interest up more than just hearing it read to her. Mind you I'm not so sure on the cheek squeezing idea - she just tried that out on her year old pup - he wasn't quite so accomodating but we explained to her that Violet's a special type of dog who will allow her to do such things, but perhaps not to try them out on the local pups!!

Overall, a great toy & one that will last for some time to come I suspect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value, kids will love it!, 26 Dec 2013
This review is from: LeapFrog Read with Me (Violet) (Toy)
We bought this for Christmas for our 2yr old daughter and she loves it. It's lovely and soft but durable too. The books are a good size but small enough for little hands and there's so much to do. I highly recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant toy!, 11 Nov 2013
Laura Smith (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My niece fell in love with Violet immediately. She picked her up and carried her round for hours before we could even turn her on to start reading! The dog is a lovely toy even without the educational element, it feels really soft and is perfect for a young child to cuddle. And it's so easy to use. You choose a story by pressing the collar, and pick up the corresponding book. Pat Violet on the head and she starts to read. I found my niece happily stayed put for several books in a row, previously unheard of! It's a great toy and a very well received one!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's not just a toy - it's an experience!, 16 Sep 2013
H. Eaton "Helena Eaton" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
In my opinion this is one of the best toys that my little girl has ever had. It looks great - soft and attractive. So it passes the cuddle test.

It is also highly interactive and I feel that the interactivity has been well thought out. Sometimes you get toys that seem to be educational, but the fine details hasn't been considered. I feel that in this case, there must have been investment in testing with parents and children because the link between reading the stories along with the puppy has been built into the experience rather than just an afterthought.

The puppy comes with a number of books for the child to read along with. Each book has a number that corresponds to a number on the puppy's collar. So, for example, if you want to choose book 2, you press 2 on Violet's collar and she describes what the book looks like - so if the child isn't quite ready for numbers yet, books can be identified by their colour and the picture on the cover. Great.

When the child feels she has found the correct book, she has to pat Violet's head and then reading begins. Because the experience builds in finding the book and looking at the cover it makes the child much more likely to open the book and try to read along.

There are other modes, like sleepytime mode ... because children can't always be learning and sometimes you just want a lovely soft toy to cuddle.

Wonderful toy to please both parents and children alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 17 Feb 2014
This review is from: LeapFrog Read with Me (Violet) (Toy)
Bought it for my daughter for Christmas and she absolutely loves it. She copies sounds and phrases from violet and plays with this toy every day. Its one of her favorites. Would definitely recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill toy, 15 Feb 2014
This review is from: LeapFrog Read with Me (Violet) (Toy)
Bought for my 2 year old and she loves it great price at 16.99. Would recommend to friends bought the green one for a friends little boy too

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 13 July 2014
Brilliant! A great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 July 2014
This review is from: LeapFrog Read with Me (Violet) (Toy)
Much loved new addition to three year olds family of stuffed animals.

5.0 out of 5 stars A****, 4 July 2014
This review is from: LeapFrog Read with Me (Violet) (Toy)
little one loves her violet :)

4.0 out of 5 stars fabulous, 1 May 2014
This review is from: LeapFrog Read with Me (Violet) (Toy)
Arrived quickly and was packaged well !!! Violet was as described and was purchased for my three yr old but my 1 yr old loves her too and happily plays with her. Voice is very clear and the stories are short and clear.

LeapFrog Read with Me (Violet)