Colour Name: White/Grey|Style Name: HD Ready|Change

on 14 December 2015
Update after half a year:
Projector sometimes turned off after 30m of run overheating. Lamp has around 400h so far. Overheating happend few times in a row and I decided to apply for warranty service. Here's Benq authorised service in UK review:

Day 1: I wrote an e-mail about defect
Day 2: Got called so UK mail will pick up the projector
Day 3: UK mail arrived and picked up the projector
Day 4: Got called projector was fixed, one fan replaced and so courier will deliver projector tomorrow

Defects could happen. What I'd like to point out is amazing and fast support. (btw. W1070 has this issue too sometimes).

Original review:
Despite negative reviews I red about lamp and projection quality compared to W1070 I'm very satisfied with this product.

- Remote controller is maybe silly and cheap, but does it's job well. It even works towards projection reflecting signals back to projector.
- No rainbow effects, no artefacts
- Great lamp power, 4m diagonally projection during beautiful english day (heavy rain) is just fine.
- Eco mode, adaptive mode, screen saver (black screen) button
- Rubbish sound as usual however... loud enough so in edge cases can be used even for movies or console gaming
- Great throw ratio. Really up to 1.1!!!
- Even described as multimedia therefore not movies or games I like the colours. Right, it's not IPS or oversaturated Galaxy phone, but does the job well. Dark scenes may be problem a bit.
on 1 September 2015
Really happy with this projector. Quality with Blu Ray source is superb. On board speakers are not very good but we connected an external sound bar for a very good home cinema experience. 7ft picture from 7ft away, bright, clear and easy to see even in daylight. Picture can be white balanced for magnolia walls. Some fan noise but not intrusive. Easy set up. Very pleased with the projector and would recommend.
on 14 October 2015
I love movies and so it seems does the BenQ TH681. It really handles well all genres of movie you throw at it.

I broke it in with a visual sci-fi feast of Star Wars A New Hope, then Blade Runner and finally the titanTerminator 2.
The colorful big screen fast action and very visually contrasting elements and scenes in these movies,
I suspected would test it's metal. It wasn't even out of breath.
The 681 just throws back a incredibly strong and vibrant picture that never looks any less then real.
On a 120" screen it's performance is never less then breath taking, especially as it's designed as a budget presentation projector.

I was expecting some limitations to the picture and performance relative to the small price but I rewarded by a projector that doesn't know
it's limits. It really is like paying for a respectable Vauxhall Astra and getting a Mercedes Benz, it is that kind of bargain.

All I can say to sum up is that if you want to put your toe into the pool of hi-def projectors, then do yourself a massive favour and jump in the deep
end of the pool with the BenQ TH681 because you won't have any regrets.

Oh and it can do presentations as it has an internal battery and a speaker, but really it's not a cart horse but a wannabe Derby champion.
on 29 December 2015
Overall, great product for the price, it's bright, with great image quality, and has all the inputs/outputs you need. I'm a happy customer.

I wasn't sure what to expect from this projector, but really it's everything you'd want. It's relatively small and light, so I don't worry about it being on the shelf. Some reviews mentioned it was noisy, perhaps if you using it for a presentation, but if you're watching something I never notice the noise. It's got built in speakers, which don't product great sound, but there's a 3.5mm jack for hooking up your own speakers. There's both HDMI and VGA ports so whatever setup your computer is will work fine. The image size and quality is fantastic. We have it projecting about 3 meters away from the screen, and we get a sharp and bright image of approximately 1m x 1m.

I've deducted one star because there is only one adjustable foot making it impossible to tilt the projector forward and keep it stable. Seems like an easy thing to fix.
on 17 January 2016
Good replacement for the Acer PD527W I had hanging from the ceiling.(Never did get it to work in W mode) Works well with the universal mount I had on the ceiling, though you do need two people because the screws, washers and spacers are not easy to do with one person. Got it hooked up to a PC I built with sat card so we can watch TV as well as films and Windows 10 had no problem recognising the new projector.
Installation required turning my existing cable round to plug into the HDMI slot, but after tying a piece of string to it, was able to pull it through the ceiling void, turn it round, re-attach the string and pull it back.
Setup instructions from the manual were well set out and after a few attempts with the remote, found it fairly easy to get the keystone and front projection set up so the picture looked good.
on 18 December 2014
Have nothing more to add than has already been said. Just wanted to register our 5 Stars for what is a superb projector.
on 31 December 2015
Parcel packaged well, ordered the projector came to Russia safe and sound, fast delivery. Works fine, quality is good, especially for such a price, in Russia it is much more expensive than here. The seller is communicative and responsible, very happy with the purchase. Recommended!
on 28 April 2014
Having owned this projector for a few weeks now and watched numerous Blu-ray and DVD content, this projector never fails to impress.
After much research and trawling the nets for reviews, I took the plunge and bought this projector. It was very easy to set up and from a distance of 3m I'm getting crystal clear 720p hd 91" images, it will produce larger images, but at this distance its as big as I need, otherwise it would be like watching tennis if it was bigger at this distance.
The image quality of Blu-ray films is a treat to the eyes and its ever so easy to get lost In a film and forget that your watching a projected image, colours are bright and accurate right out of the box, yes it does suffer from the rainbow effect, but I had to look hard to see it by glancing at different parts of the screen, but it didn't spoil ,my enjoyment of the films and the rainbow effect varied upon the content I was watching.
The images from the projector can be adjusted through an easy on screen menu system, most of which didn't need any tinkering with for my viewing needs or tastes, its fair to say that you could use this projector in a room with ambient lighting or during the day with curtains closed and still get pretty amazing viewing, but I found it worked best with the room darkened and at night.
I personally would of loved to have had the money for a full 1080p model such as the w1070, but its a compromise im willing to live with for now until funds allow it, but I'm very happy with the model I have.

3d content on this projector is something that has to be seen to be believed, its breathtakingly immersive and you often find yourself clutching and ducking as you become engrossed in what your watching.
I own a high end 40" full hd 3d Sony TV and the images from the tv for 3d content is nothing like the projector.... the projector beats the TV hands down. 3d glasses can be purchased quite cheaply, but make sure they are 144hz compatible (sainsonic are the ones I bought £25 for 2pairs)

The only gripe I have with the projector is the remote... its a little bit small for my chunky digits and it could had backlit buttons.
Connectivity is good on this projector, supporting two hdmi inputs, s-video, VGA, component, composite and audio in and out too, it also has a built in 10w speaker, but I've yet to try that out as my sound goes through some small pc 2.1speakrs.

I can highly recommend this projector to anyone wishing to create a home cinema system on a budget, you won't be disappointed especially when it comes to viewing 3d content.
on 18 March 2015
Great piece of kit.great screen quality for the price.power cable is a bit short and I had to buy a longer one because it was mounted on the ceiling and the power source is on the floor.It is a shame it does not have an audio av out rather that a pc speaker 3.5mm jack out so that I can connect my home cinema speaker system to it.Can project a 150" full HD picture from only 3 meters away.would recommend to someone who needs a good quality cheap projector.
on 4 September 2015
Great projector! Have to caveat my comments that this is my first ever projector but I have not regretted this! This is a great machine, the resolution is excellent, plays very well even in bright daylight, no noise as well! Great image on action movies and sports as well which was one of my concerns. Really small, well built, definitely recommend this for a not expensive projector!