5.0 out of 5 stars I am very pleased with this projector BenQ TW523p i had an Optoma ...
I am very pleased with this projector BenQ TW523p i had an Optoma hd600x before this and this BenQ blows that out of the water my Optoma only lasted 2 years i hope this one last longer than that it has a great picture you can even watch a movie with the light on and the 3d is great the only thing that worries me is i can't find any warranty info not in the box or on the...
Published 6 months ago by Robby

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Projector
Published 16 months ago by Bill

4.0 out of 5 stars great way to enjoy hd and 3d content is impressive, 28 April 2014
This review is from: BenQ W750 2500 Lumens 720p Resolution 3D Home Entertainment Projector (Electronics)
Having owned this projector for a few weeks now and watched numerous Blu-ray and DVD content, this projector never fails to impress.
After much research and trawling the nets for reviews, I took the plunge and bought this projector. It was very easy to set up and from a distance of 3m I'm getting crystal clear 720p hd 91" images, it will produce larger images, but at this distance its as big as I need, otherwise it would be like watching tennis if it was bigger at this distance.
The image quality of Blu-ray films is a treat to the eyes and its ever so easy to get lost In a film and forget that your watching a projected image, colours are bright and accurate right out of the box, yes it does suffer from the rainbow effect, but I had to look hard to see it by glancing at different parts of the screen, but it didn't spoil ,my enjoyment of the films and the rainbow effect varied upon the content I was watching.
The images from the projector can be adjusted through an easy on screen menu system, most of which didn't need any tinkering with for my viewing needs or tastes, its fair to say that you could use this projector in a room with ambient lighting or during the day with curtains closed and still get pretty amazing viewing, but I found it worked best with the room darkened and at night.
I personally would of loved to have had the money for a full 1080p model such as the w1070, but its a compromise im willing to live with for now until funds allow it, but I'm very happy with the model I have.

3d content on this projector is something that has to be seen to be believed, its breathtakingly immersive and you often find yourself clutching and ducking as you become engrossed in what your watching.
I own a high end 40" full hd 3d Sony TV and the images from the tv for 3d content is nothing like the projector.... the projector beats the TV hands down. 3d glasses can be purchased quite cheaply, but make sure they are 144hz compatible (sainsonic are the ones I bought £25 for 2pairs)

The only gripe I have with the projector is the remote... its a little bit small for my chunky digits and it could had backlit buttons.
Connectivity is good on this projector, supporting two hdmi inputs, s-video, VGA, component, composite and audio in and out too, it also has a built in 10w speaker, but I've yet to try that out as my sound goes through some small pc 2.1speakrs.

I can highly recommend this projector to anyone wishing to create a home cinema system on a budget, you won't be disappointed especially when it comes to viewing 3d content.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Bang for your buck purchase I have ever made, 21 May 2015
I don’t normally write reviews but in this case I just had to…..this Projector has to be the best “bang for buck” piece of technology I have ever purchased. Bought for £262 around two weeks ago (May 2015) reduced from £330.

I have this sat around 11ft away from the screen and I get a comfortable 90” display. The picture is bright in all modes I have found no problem using in the lamp saver mode which supposedly gives 10000 hours lamp life. The picture quality out of the box is spot on (I only had to drop the brightness down to 48 from 50). I was worried about it being 720p, I really shouldn't have been, the experience it EPIC.

I use this as a home cinema projector although purists would say it’s a digital projector and not up to the job….I have to disagree. The colours are natural and blacks are good as well (even better when a dimmed room obviously but totally acceptable with ambient lighting), also no problems with aspect ratios or compatibility with kit, sure I could have spent another £500 and got a 1080p projector with more bells and whistles (Lens shift for example) but I really don't believe you would get £500 more projector or be able to tell that much of a difference (at least not enough to spend that much more).

It works brilliantly with my PS4, PS3, Chromecast, SKY HD and Boxee Box, the image quality is amazing especially considering the low price tag and even more so that it’s marketed as 720p….I cannot see the difference between my Samsung 1080p Plasma and the projector its clear and easy to watch. If I had to pick fault it wouldn't be with the projector it would be with the content….you must watch from HD sources…..standard def looks rubbish…..if you blow standard def up to 90” you will find it to be blocky and uncomfortable (probably pointing out the obvious), I suspect this would be the same for other projectors in higher price brackets.

Noise is not an issue, it is much quieter than I expect it to be, I don’t notice it at all unless a really quiet scene on a film but even then it’s a gentle hum in the background (Fat PS3 much much louder).

If you are wondering whether to buy this, just get it….I was pondering between a 50” LED TV and this and I am so glad I bought this. Even with the extras I had to buy I had this all setup for sub £350.

TIPs- For cheap screen buy a £24 White Tupplur blackout blind from IKEA, use the reverse of the screen as it is an ideal surface to project onto (if on a budget). The quality on that is brilliant as well.

Also for the mount I used a £5 Lack shelf (IKEA) mounted to the wall, drilled holes into the shelf and used some 75mm M4 bolts with Wing Nuts (B&Q)to adjust the tightness to bolt the projector to the underside….I also used a L shape bracket for extra support. It was a bit of a faf getting it into place but looks much more flush and less unsightly than a proper bracket. Note:Only will work if mounted directly in front of the screen.
If you have limited HDMI outputs I bought a HDMI splitter for around £10 off amazon and that has worked flawlessly (although you may have to switch inputs back and forth if you switch to the projector after the TV is on….this renegotiates the resolution and works ok after that).

In summary just buy it you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as 1080pm at 100 inches, 13 July 2015
Fantastic picture quality!!! I have it projected at just over 100 inches and the picture is as good as 1080p!!! Mount it upside down if fitting this high up or the correct side up if mounting it low. Also, I recommend plugging the source player (DVD/media player/Sky Box etc.) into your sound system....don't plug the projector into your sound system as the sound is not great and there seems to be a bit of sound delay so the audio and image appear out of synch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 7 Jan. 2015
It is a very nice projector, the lamp is really bright, the image quality is not bad at all and it is really quiet.
We are using it instead of a TV and are just projecting Netflix and DVDs to one ofbour white walls, we also connected some small speakers so that the sound is good as well and we find it really enjoyable cinema-like experience with no overwhelming noises and the picture is no worse then in some movie theaters I have been to.

The only thing for the future buyers to take into consideration - incomes with VGA cable so when ordering you might want to order an extra HDMI cable for the best possible picture.

5.0 out of 5 stars One Of The Best Gadgets I Have Ever Purchased..LOVE, 13 July 2015
I wanted to buy a new high end Samsung 55inch 3D TV but I didn't have £1500 + to spare, I saw this projector on special offer and thought I would give it a try and I'm so pleased I did.I now project a 100 inch image on my wall and it is amazing in 2D and 3D.
I will invest in a screen one day but I'm more than happy with the image I get on my off white wall.
Best to have external audio device connected.
These are the settings that work for me...Picture Mode sRGB, Brightness 52, Contrast 14, Brilliant Color ON, Color Temperature COOL,
Lamp Mode ECONOMIC.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to setup and good features, 12 Mar. 2015
Purchased this for my church (100 congregation) and works exceptionally well. Clear picture, easy to setup and good features. Perfect option for a small presentation to a 50mtr room.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing! Forget the cinema!, 29 Dec. 2014
I've had this for 3 months now and I still can't believe how good it is! Everyone I've shown it to assumes that I must have spent over a grand, but it was a measly £260 on lightning deal.

It really is cinema quality, in your own home. The 3D is stunning. No point in having an overpriced and oversized tv taking up half your living room. I have a 32" tv for watching tele and the projector gives me a 100" cinema screen for films!

Can't recommend this enough, the picture is of tv standard, don't let the 720p fool you, the clarity of the picture is superb. Sitting at home watching Avatar in 3D on a 100" screen made me realise that the future I'd dreamed of as a kid had arrived.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value for money, 18 Dec. 2014
Have nothing more to add than has already been said. Just wanted to register our 5 Stars for what is a superb projector.

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Projector, 7 Mar. 2014
This may be only a 720p resolution projector but I found the image clarity to be excellent. 3d is simply stunning. I have a 100 inch screen watched from about 10ft away.Now my eye sight is not perfect but I can honestly say that having tested the Benq W1070 which is a 1080p resolution I could hardly tell the difference and at £200 pounds less and the same features (minus the lens shift) I Bought myself a real bargain.

Update
Oh dear seems I were a little bit hastey in my praise of this projector. Watched a movie last night and there was the dredded Rainbow Effect. I had noticed it before but it was very minor but watching this movie last night it was full on. So distracting and off puting for me I was realling sad. I wont be able to use this projector wondering if it will be ok tonight or not. Such a shame as I thought I'd found a good deal. Chosing a projector has turned into a bit of a nightmare but I will continue with my quest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant!, 22 Jan. 2015
I can't stress how great this projector is. Had it for three days now and from the moment I turned it on I was blown away. This is the second projector I've owned after having a vga one for a few years. I couldn't believe the difference when I turned it on. I brought it with a pair of signstek 3D glasses and both items worked straight out of the box. So far I've watched Star Trek Into Darkness and Frozen in 3D and the effect is far superior to my LG 3D TV which cost twice as much! Have also linked it up to my Apple TV so I can stream from iTunes and watch Netflix. If your having any doubts, don't. Get one now!

Update: The first projector I had died after about two weeks. I'd started to notice white spots on the picture. Within 48hrs it wouldn't turn on. I contacted Amazon immediately and was sent a replacement the next day. This one seems even brighter and sharper! Guess I just had a duff one, it happens. Better to find out now rather than later. Anyway, to sum up, Great projector and brilliant service from Amazon. Still five stars.

BenQ W750 2500 Lumens 720p Resolution 3D Home Entertainment Projector