5.0 out of 5 stars Great Xmas stocking fillers
Thought I would take a chance so I bought 3 love it , as I'm sure my sisters will :)))))
Published 8 months ago by Sara blakemore

1.0 out of 5 stars Not real silver
Not silver, misleading and illegal to be sold as silver. Amazon should stop this because the public are being cheated and the genuine silver suppliers can't sell real silver at this price so everyone buys this rubbish instead.
Published 3 months ago by Beach girl

1.0 out of 5 stars Not real silver, 27 Mar 2014
This review is from: 925 sterling silver elegant clip-on button style floral design bracelet / bangle jewellery classic design (Jewellery)

1.0 out of 5 stars This bracelet is fake, 17 Dec 2013
I am able to wear real silver 925 Stirling silver or gold anything other than that brings out in a terrible rash, when I received this bracelet I was more than over joyed to have it but I put it on and within one day my skin go trashy firstly I blamed my watch because it couldn't possibly be my beautiful bracelet
Well I changed it over to my other hand and came out in and even worse rash than my previous rash
Needless to say I filed a complaint my money was returned but I am very disappointed that they are saying that this bracelet is 925 Stirling when it's clearly not
They should be dealt with for deceiving people and have to pay some sort of fine
Terrible

1.0 out of 5 stars Do you really think this is real 925 sterling sliver?, 12 Nov 2013
Do you really think this is real 925 sterling sliver?

Silver is an expensive metal and trade prices have doubled and then doubled again over recent years (I'm a silversmith, and am mortified by how much it now costs to make a small silver ring!), so it really is a case of getting what you pay for when it comes to sterling silver. A few years ago it was very rare for me to buy plated items on Amazon that were claiming to be sterling silver. Now, sadly, around half of the items I buy are 925 stamped plated items, where the seller has listed them as solid 925 silver, or occasionally "925 stamped".

Please note that the 925 stamp is NOT a hallmark (which consists of a maker's mark, an assay office mark and then a fineness mark in the UK - this applies to modern pieces). Anyone can purchase a 925 stamp for around 5 and apply the 925 mark to whatever they wish. Look at my sterling silver tin of tomatoes, for example. It's 925 stamped so it must be silver!

If you've just paid 1.50 for a sterling silver chain it really is worth your while to take a file to the clasp and double-check for yourself so that you can leave honest feedback on the item and prevent anyone else making the same mistake. What you'll notice very quickly upon filing the silver is that coppery gold coloured metal starts to show through. This is the cheap base metal that the piece is actually made of. It's a little hard to make out in the picture below but hopefully you'll be able to just about see the gold colour on the clasp of this "925 sterling silver snake chain" that I recently purchased on Amazon. The seller was good enough to give me a full refund claiming that it must be a problem with their supplier (if I had a tenner for every time I have heard this one I'd be a very rich woman by now), but neglected to amend her other listings to include the fact that the chains are plated. What a shame, as at 1.99 each they would still sell very well and no one would have to suffer the embarrassment of giving one of these to someone as a gift and later discovering that the gift is allergic to it.

Do note, however, that just because an item has only a 925 stamp without a hallmark does not mean that it is definitely plated. I myself only use the 925 stamp as hallmarking via the assay office is very expensive and would mean I would have to put my prices up considerably. But then, I'm one of those odd people who would feel horribly guilty doing that. (Perhaps that's why I'm so poor. Hmm). The only way to be sure is via electronic testing (expensive), acid testing (don't try this at home), or my filing method (which you have to do anyway with acid testing). If all of the above makes you never want to buy silver on Amazon again please don't despair - there are also a lot of honest sellers on Amazon who sell very fine 925 stamped silver jewellery which really is 925 silver at excellent prices, but beware that very fine silver jewellery isn't cheap. The trade price for sterling silver (as of January 2012) is 795 per kilogram, meaning that a slim silver bangle costs around 15 in materials alone, without labour. Anyone selling brand new buy-it-now GENUINE silver bangles for 0.99 would very quickly go out of business. A brand new sterling silver bangle simply does not cost 0.99.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unusable, 13 Jan 2014
Whilst the bangle looks like the picture and is very pretty, the metal itself is not strong enough for the bangle to be opened and shut which you need to do to get the bangle on and off.

1.0 out of 5 stars ., 7 May 2014
This bracelet is not sterling silver it is cheap horrible metal and has turned bronze and turned my wrist green

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Xmas stocking fillers, 29 Oct 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Not silver, 21 Nov 2013
This item would be fine for a child bit should not have a 925 stamp which means silver as it is certainly not. Embarrassed to give this as a gift

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 13 Dec 2013
This bracelet is very nice, would suit a child or a Lady with thin wrists, quality very good for the price I paid.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nasty tat, 21 Feb 2014
Cheap, nasty, tat don't buy it's rubbish but then again I don't know what I was expecting at the price it was 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars silver bangle, 25 Nov 2013
It is a very pretty bangle for girls.I just hope my daughter will feel the dame when I give it to her.