5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for the rookie investor
This being my first foray into the property investment world, I would highly recommend this book. I had very little prior knowledge but I now understand many aspects of this field and it has encouraged me to learn more.
Published 22 months ago by P Cowley

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a lot of information
This book contains little in the way of fact or specific insight. Saying that something is for 'beginners' does not give license to pad out an already very thin, and hence overpriced book, with hearsay and life lessons - if you need a book to tell you not to bid too much in an auction then maybe risking thousands in the property market isn't for you. Instead, some advice...
Published 3 months ago by an idiot in england

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for the rookie investor, 2 July 2013
The book is very easy to read and the explanations are very clear, with some good humour to boot! With a good set of references and online links, this book is a must for anyone interested in property investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect intro for the beginner, 22 May 2013
I like to think I am more than qualified to review this book, my qualifications being that I am a complete beginner/novice/noob

I have spent some time looking around the web for information on property investment and joined forums in the hope of soaking up more knowledge, but what I felt i was lacking was a good book that I could reference.

I should say now, that you wont want to buy this book if you are looking for all of the answers. If you want a prescription for how to get rich with property, this is not it.

What the book does give you though, is all of the questions that you need to ask yourself in order to decide what approach to investment might be best suited to you. Alongside this, the book covers the general gist of the most common (and some of the less common) investment strategies, from single occupancy buy to lets, multiple occupancy lets to housing benefits lets.

I found I only needed an afternoon to power through the book, and after finishing, I felt much better equipped to continue my research, having a much better idea of what approach is best for me, and what m next steps should be.

All in all, the book is an easy read, its like being down the pub with Rob (just without the drinks, although I suppose you could take the book to the pub for the full effect if you wish) The language used is informative without being bamboozling and all of the acronyms are explained, which in itself makes this much easier to understand than most websites you will find.

I would highly recommend this book to others in my position, just starting out, or to anybody else who was looking for a quick reference book for their library.

Thanks Rob!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed it. Lots to take away and implement, 21 April 2013
Enjoyed this book a lot. I'm relatively new to property investment - wish I'd read this before my first investment! Would have saved me a lot of money. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little book!, 23 Oct. 2013
This book is full of easy reading, unbiased, concise and valuable information. This little book helped me understand basic investment and some of the options available to me more thoroughly.

I especially valued the advise on networking and pointers as to where to look to for further information and services as not everybody out there is offering the most impartial advice, even in books.

A fun read and good compliment to David Lawrenson's Successful Property Letting.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best property investment book I've read so far, 11 Mar. 2014
A well-written book that is both entertaining and informative - plus unlike others I could mention, it doesn't contain errors! Explains everything a novice needs to know, without being patronising. The author certainly knows his onions. Well worth buying - am looking forward to reading his second book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rob Dix (author) has a great sense of humour and does not hoId back when ..., 8 Mar. 2015
This book is incredible for first time investors. Rob Dix (author) has a great sense of humour and does not hoId back when reality checks are needed. I nearly bought a property last year and chose to decline at the last minute, but that was through luck rather than calculation. If I had read this book first and followed the very simple calculations, I would have known it was indeed a 'bad' investment. Do not touch your first property until you have read this book! Or, if you have, still purchase and make sure you are on track to building a successful empire. There is a follow up book that I am about to order.

5.0 out of 5 stars A excellent place to start, 20 Oct. 2014
If, like me, you are considering property as an investment but really don't know the basics, this little book is a great place to start. It covers the primary principles including equity, leverage, strategy and goal setting - and does so with lightness and humour. This book switched a few lightbulbs on for me and since finishing it (I've actually read it twice and refer back to various sections every now and then) I have clearly defined my goals and strategy and for the first time can see how property investment could be for me and not just 'other people'. If you are already familiar with the basic concepts, including goal setting and selecting your ideal tenant group, then you may not find anything new in here; as the title suggests it is a For Beginners guide. The book makes provides other good sources of information and gives access to some spreadsheets that do some of the essential number crunching you'll need to do if considering investing in property. The advice is practical and easy to understand. The author, Rob Dix, comes across as a regular guy who has, through property, been able to create a degree of financial freedom for himself and and appeared happy to respond to an email question I had which you definitely wouldn't get with every author. Since reading the book I've also become a regular visitor to his website (www.propertygeek.net) to supplement the material in the book. I am happy to recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent inspiration for any aspiring property developer, 9 Sept. 2013
I stumbled across this book randomly on Amazon and I'm so pleased I did - it has given me an excellent overview of what it is to invest in property and has really helped me to focus on my specific goals. It has also opened my eyes to a world of useful tools and contacts which I may never have found without it. Other books may have been able to do this but I'm not sure they would've been so enjoyable to read. If you are thinking of investing in property, or perhaps already are but want to take it further, this is a must read book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read!, 20 Oct. 2013
Read this just before completing on my first investment. The essential information that Rob has compiled in this book helped me to confidently ask the right questions to the people I was dealing with as my purchase was going through. The extras and spreadsheets were also very helpful. Keep up the good work with both the writing and your two excellent podcasts.

5.0 out of 5 stars very useful book for beginners, 3 Sept. 2013
very very useful book for beginners. I am a new real estate investor & learned a lot from it & it includes resources to continue learning. a must read for beginners who wish to invest in the uk real estate market. useful tips and links to websites. a must have & reading it was fun. written in a simple way