Published on 25 July 2011 by P

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star
After 3rd time of use heart rate transmitter stopped working, returned and Amazon refund my money.
Published 8 months ago by Barbara

4.0 out of 5 stars Great basic heart rate monitor without the bells and whistles, 25 July 2011
P (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is a great HR monitor for the price. It obviously tells you your heart rate, but also tells you if you're training in the fat burning zone. This is a huge advantage to somebody like me who does cardio like running and skipping as it can tell you if you're pushing too hard or not hard enough. I now realise that for about 6 months I've been pushing too hard in the running and have actually been elevating my heart rate above the optimal needed for fat burning.

The sensor strap that comes with it, which you wear around your chest to monitor the actual heart rate (which then sends a signal to the watch) is comfortable and hasn't rubbed or irritated my skin at all. You do have to wet the sensors before putting it on and my advice is to use lukewarm water, because cold water can obviously be a little too cold when you first attach the strap.

What it does:

1) Tells you if you're in the target fat burning zone (the most useful info of the lot in my opinion).

2) Tells you how many calories you've burnt.

3) Tells you how long your exercise lasted for and how much of that time was spent in the fat burning zone.

4) It gives you a maximum heart rate for training period, as well as an average.

5) It also tells you the time of day.

What it doesn't do:

1) It doesn't tell you the distance you've covered.

2) It doesn't come with software that you can use to sync your results to your computer. However, you can go to the Polar training website and input your results manually, which is what I do; and you'll still get a record and chart of your results over a period of time.

So, a pretty good HR monitor and cheap considering the features you get. It's simple to use and takes 2 minutes when you first use it to input some basic details about yourself including age, weight and height. For this price I can live without fancy software to sync up with the computer; I don't mind manually entering my data results onto the Polar website. I can also live without features such as backlit watch face or dive-resistance. It would've been nice to have had results for distance covered; but I guess you can't have everything at this price level. You can always easily figure out how far you've run yourself anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing amaaaazing, 3 Feb. 2015
I would just like to say I am writing this after using ONCE! It could break or stop working and in that case I will change my review.

But I love this!! It is such a good little watch and heart rate monitor! It tells you when your heart rate has gone too high or too low! It tells you how long you have been working out for and the calories you have burnt! It also works as a simple watch to tell the time and can even be set as an alarm. It has a glow in the dark feature too!

The instructions are a little confusing but I stuck at them! It took me a while to figure out the strap but for best results I tightened and fastened it under my boobs as I have big boobs and tbh putting the strap over them like what I had read online was just not an option for me.
You have to wetten the sensor strap first thpugh.
But all in all VERY good little product.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 29 Aug. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 5 April 2013
Love it! Don't notice the strap. Watch is a great size! Motivates me to push harder in my work outs!

4.0 out of 5 stars In love, 9 Feb. 2015
I am in love with this product. It really motivates me into exercising. It looks good and is so easy to use. It's slightly cheaper than the shops which I was happy about but still quite expensive. Well worth the money though. Delivery was speedy too. The only reason I have given it four stars is because I havnt tried it under water yet.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken after 2 weeks...., 3 May 2015
L. Scott-Riddoch (London) - See all my reviews
I had one of these previously and loved it. Unfortunately when my flat was decorated the strap was lost so I bought a new one from Amazon.
I started to use it 2 weeks ago and all was fine until yesterday. It now drops my heart rate all the time mid work out and says there is a problem with the heart rate transmitter. I've tried re-wetting the strap but that has not helped. Considering this was over £50 and I've only used it about 12 times I'm seriously annoyed as I rely on my calorie count and being able to track my heart rate. I've obviously got a dud one but I have gone over the returns policy on here which is incredibly annoying as that is a total waste of money and I will have to go and buy another HRM... This time I will go to a sports shop and get one from a reputable company.

4.0 out of 5 stars Making workouts easier (!), 18 Mar. 2015
Really love this product. I use this for my gym workouts, and it shows me my heart rate, my optimum fat burning heart rate zone, how many calories burnt and the duration of the workout. I also love that you can toggle between these during the workout at the click of a button. I just wish that the heart rate monitor that comes with the FT4 was the Bluetooth one so I could link to the Polar app...but it's good value for money for what you pay. Would definitely recommend for regular gym goers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic watch - strap, not so fantastic., 5 Mar. 2015
R. Aitken - See all my reviews
Great piece of kit however I am not pleased with the chest strap. I have been using this 2-3 a week for maybe an hour each time and the link point of the strap is fraying. I have only had this watch since January 2015 (Now March 2015).

I am awaiting a response from Polar about this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a competition with yourself!!, 12 Aug. 2014
Excellent product!! Been using this for a few weeks and have found it really useful in all of my workouts as I now use it to beat my targets and help me best understand where my heart rate needs to be! It's comfy to wear and the strap is very discreet under the hem of my sportsbra, the watch is a pretty colour and doesn't get in the way, I don't wear any other jewellery whilst working out. I have recommended this product to my friends and have 3 of them wearing it now and we always compare our workout summaries.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my Polar FT4F, 28 Jan. 2015
Love my Polar FT4F. Wanted one for a while and i am not disappointed. This keeps me motivated to work out due to letting me know the calories burned and also keeping my heart rate in check. I also love how you can look back at your training files and see your workout performance. Delivery was quick too.