4.0 out of 5 stars Russell Hobbs 20280 Colour Control Iron
The Russell Hobbs 20280 Colour Control Iron is a sturdy, well-made steam iron with a ceramic soleplate and easy to understand colour coded temperature indicator. Supplied with a measuring jug and good set of instructions, blue is the coolest temperature, green is for nylons/polyester, yellow for wool/polyester mixes, purple for cotton/denim and red is the maximum...
Published 12 months ago by G. Archer

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent iron, despite lead
This iron is not too heavy, looks good and heats up very quickly. The coloured lights make it easy at first glance to tell the temperature. The disadvantage (quite a big one) is that the base of the lead tends to get in the way and the lead is not really long enough. The steam button is right next to the spray button so a little awkward to reach (exercise caution in...
Published 4 months ago by Anon

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Full steam ahead, 8 Jun 2014
This review is from: Russell Hobbs 20280 Colour Control Iron - 2400 watts - Black (Kitchen & Home)
After reading a few reviews on this product, my expectation were high. For the price I paid it's not unlike my previous iron however it is a bit bulky and heavy in my opinion and maybe that's because my last iron I had for over 9 years! And models and shapes have changed over time. Overall it's value for money and does the job with a lot of steam.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok iron, 6 Jun 2014
this is an ok iron but I wish i had returned it after a few uses, it dribbles water from the place you put the water in, doesnt matter if its full or nearly empty, so annoying getting water marks on clothing, would not recomend it for that reason.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Iron "But", 28 May 2014
I know realise that when I read the reviews I was warned about the length of lead being short and they were right. But the iron is very good quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!, 27 May 2014
A very efficient iron but you have to be careful on the highest settings as very easy to burn clothes

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I want from an iron, 6 May 2014
K. Galbraith (Worcestershire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Bought this to use in a clients house. The ironing I do for them is a mix of bedding and clothing so when his last iron broke I was keen to replace it with an iron that would make light work of the bedding in particular.

I really couldn't be happier with my choice.

Starting with the chord length, which other people have found to be too short, I have found it to be just fine, however, I do iron very close to a socket that is at chest height, so naturally I do have plenty of chord left for reaching across the board. I can totally understand how there might not be so much if the socket were just above the skirting board. This is a really silly oversight by the manufacturer.

The iron is quite light but substantial so I do not have to apply any great pressure on high crease areas.

It produces a good amount of steam, but surprisingly this doesn't seem to drain with water reservoir as it does with some other irons I've used. I didn't feel like I was having to fill it up every two minutes which was appreciated especially as it not always easy to see how full the reservoir is; care should be taken not to over fill.

I did wonder if the colour control feature was just a bit of a gimmick, but I have to say I have found it extraordinarily useful. When doing a lot of ironing, there will always be the odd item I've forgot to sort, and I don't always think to check the dial to see what temp I'm at, and this has led to one or several ironing disasters in the past. Yet, because I can always *see* what temperature the iron is at, even without looking, I'm always aware of it as I pick each item up to iron. It's a simple idea but really effective.

Makes light work of all the bedding, sometimes not perfectly if the fitted sheets (in particular) have been dried scrunch up over a radiator. But I've never used an iron yet that could.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, Stylish and irons beautifully, 1 May 2014
Very lightweight, stylish and irons into those creases to make your garment look lovely, whereas other irons I've had weren't quite up to.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast Shipping !, 30 April 2014
Nice product worth the money i spent for. And you get what you pay so i m really pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 28 April 2014
Paula Hartley (uk) - See all my reviews
My mum purchased this iron first and it was so good I also purchased it. Fabulous product gets through the ironing in no time

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Price for Such a good machine, 27 April 2014
Fast heat up to desired seeting. Colour control is nice thing.
the steam lever feels a bit spongy.
Otherwise best buy

5.0 out of 5 stars Expected quailty, 27 April 2014
Another good quality product from Russell Hobbs. Bought as a replacement for an older heavier iron and the change has been really noticeable so would fully recommend.

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›