on 23 May 2013
Was surprised how quickly my six rolls of slug tape arrived - much quicker than Amazon's estimated delivery date. Six rolls in plain packaging, all just as good as rolls that the garden centre sell for three times the price. No sign of slugs or snails in my containers since I applied this tape.
on 20 May 2014
This slug tape has worked well as one of the tools in my anti-slug arsenal. (We have hedgehogs regularly visit our gardens - so slug pellets are no-no.) I've used the tape around raised beds and pots. The adhesive works on wood only long enough to get it in place - so tacks/nails are an absolute essential to properly secure. I think it is unrealistic to expect any adhesive to cope with the amount of rain we get in the North West during a typical summer. One of my raised beds is next to an uncultivated area with plenty of slug presence, so the fact that this tape has kept veg safe so far is well worth the outlay.

The other thing I've had success with are slug pubs. I've used 3 yogurt containers - 2 small one large. Put some holes in the bottom of one container to act as a seive, and stand it inside the other small one. Dig a small hole so the edge of the 2 small yogurt containers is at soil level and fill with cheap beer. Invert the large container and cut some entry holes large enough for slugs to get through. The large container stops rain getting in the beer and I've painted mine brown so they are quite inconspicuous. The seive allows one to remove the drowned slugs without losing your beer. I have thought that at least the slugs may have died happy.

The other technique that works well is a walk round the garden with a torch at dusk. Just pick off any offenders on my potatoes.

The combination of all 3 techniques has been very effective so far this season. Far less evidence of damage to potato foliage, etc than last year. (My neighbour tried nematodes last year but with seeming little effect - and seems an expensive option compared to the ones I've used.)
on 14 July 2013
I have bought this before from other manufacturers and it works very well. I use it along the top of raised wooden beds. The slugs get fried when they try to cross the tape. The reason that it didn't get 5 stars is that the adhesive on this batch is very poor so I needed to nail it on this short galvanised nails. It still works though!
on 4 July 2013
Excellent value and really dose work, we applied the tape 3 weeks ago and have had no slug problems since using it around our tubs. I found the tape very easy to use and can be fitted to the shape of any container, I used small copper nails to attach the tape which were ordered separately.
on 8 May 2014
This works for raised beds and pots. Only thing I have found that actually does deter. Best if you apply two bands of the tape.
I have tried two bands of the copper tape on a plastic sleeve (cut from an old plastic bottle) for small plants - this works well until the dog removes it to play with.....
I bought similar a few years ago and it remained stuck for several years - I will now replace. As others have mentioned the tape benefits from a rub occasionally (once a year...) to keep it clean.
on 3 May 2014
This is an excellent product. I was at my wits end with the amounts of slugs that were eating my young plants that decided to do something about them. I bough slug tape and although it took ages to put around my pots there is no sign of slugs or damage. Teh speedy delivery enabled me to save most of my plants
on 12 May 2014
Thus is the most amazing slug killer stuff I've ever bought. I've tried everything in the passed with not much effect. I put this tape round my hosta pots and they are now flourishing. No more holey leaves. AMAZING TAPE
on 16 May 2014
Slugs and snails were eating all my seedlings so I had to put them all under cover.
Now I have put copper round all my pots and now my mollusc problems are all behind me.
Thank you - can I have some more please?
on 29 July 2014
Great keeps a good few critters off

its very metal sharp on the edge so be careful, especially with children helping.

Can fold it on itself to make rings for sunflowers etc
on 6 June 2014
Waste of money. We stuck it all around our vegetable boxes, the next day we found it floating around the garden. The tape is not sticky enough, we resorted to stapling it!