on 29 April 2013
I was having a really bad Monday morning till I downloaded this FREE 3 track EP from Seasick Steve's forthcoming CD: Hubcap Blues. You get over 10 minutes of music courtesy of Seasick Steve in his now familiar, hard driving style; a good introduction to the album.
on 29 April 2013
This is a suberb collection of Seasick Steves music, I can recommenend it for all lovers of REAL music, this is not manufactured "Britains got no Talent" so called stars. This man has paid his dues and composes and performs from the heart, just great,great,great.
Yes, Seasick Steve has a new album, and here we are treated to some tracks. I first heard Steve on Jools Holland some years back now, but I was hooked and thus started buying his albums. If you have never heard him before then download this whilst it is on promo, it won't cost you anything and is great for those who love the Blues. Keeping his blues simple and raw he plays like the old time blues men making him distinctive and well worth listening to.
on 2 May 2013
Let me begin this review by saying that I am and have been a massive blues rock fan for over 20 years. I've been a fan of Seasick Steve for some time now as I read a lot of the underground blues magazines, websites I was first made aware of Seasick Steve about 2 or 3 weeks before he burst onto Jools Holland's "Later..." TV series here in the UK. Then after I saw that performance (like many people) I was hooked and began purchasing everything he'd done up until that point.

As for this FREE EP? Well for a start it's FREE! It contains 3 tracks of unique Seasick treasures. What's not to like... If you're a fan of the blues this EP is a worthwhile addition to your music collection but not exactly a MUST HAVE. If it was costing money for this I wouldn't part with the cash but as it's FREE it's worthy of a download.

If you've never heard the blues before? Seasick Steve is a great place to start.
on 4 August 2013
With this fella what you see is what you get, and the album reflects his ability to turn simple songs into something that gets your feet tapping and your brain slowly turning over and switching the lights on when you hear his more reflective numbers
on 4 May 2013
I was amazed to be given this CD for free - Seasick Steve is an absolute legend and these songs completely live up to his usual high standard.
on 4 May 2013
Barebones blues works perfectly in a live context, so this is great with the unaccompanied grind of Self Sufficient Man, as Steve challenges critics that if we have something to say '... say it to my face next time we meet.' He busts out a slide for Keep On Keepin On, and in Over You he uses some fingerpicking to make underscore a melancholy ballad.

If you like the blues simple and unaffected, but played with skill and flare, give this one a go.
on 30 June 2013
If you like blues then you will probably like Seasick Steve. Its an old fashioned blues that people just dont play anymore.
on 2 September 2013
have loved all the music Seasick Steve has done, all ways try to check what he is up to next, would love to see live
on 1 July 2013
I love this music and to get a free download was a gift. The tracks chosen were an excellent choice.