5.0 out of 5 stars a great fitness review
I read this after reading 'The First 20 Minutes' paperback to remind me of some of the detailed advice. I couldn't re-read the paperback as my wife had grabbed it following my enthusiasm. I thought the book so good, I bought a second copy and gave it to my daughter. The paperback is comprehensive and recommended but this ebook is also great.
Published 10 months ago by Mr. J. A. Woolliscroft

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Disappointed a lot of the stuff in the book was just repeated from the first no real advice how to train
Published 5 months ago by william gayter

5.0 out of 5 stars a great fitness review, 3 Oct 2013
This review is from: The First 20 Minutes Personal Trainer: The right - and the wrong - workouts for everyone (Kindle Edition)

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit short, doesnt really tell you what to do as such, 16 Sep 2013
I have the book 'The First 20 Seconds' and loved it so naturally I bought this too thinking it would direct me towards what I should be doing at the gym since it was named 'Personal Trainer'. I felt a little of it was a repeat from the other book and that it spent many of the few pages debunking common myths - which is definitely helpful but not really true to the title. I suppose in a round about way it does tell you what you should be doing in terms of it laying out the pro's of weight/resistance training and HIIT and backing it all up with studies but I guess I was hoping for something a little more specific i.e for weight loss do this, for strength do this. Dont get me wrong - its still a good essential read but perhaps not quite as I expected it. Very well written and in a very accessible way.

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining & Informative., 2 May 2014
Writing in a flowing, easy to read style, Gretchen Reynolds brings up-to--date information to the attention of the person interested in fitness and training. The range of research is wide and some of the results are surprising and potentially beneficial to health.
I would consider this a 'must-have' book for the active person, it contradicts, with scientific evidence, many old ideas about fitness and how to attain it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 25 Mar 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Much needed tool for exercise, 21 Dec 2013
When put into practice next year this book will certainly have me working to good effect. Item arrived promptly with no issues.

4.0 out of 5 stars Plan your training on scientific facts!, 10 Sep 2013
Gretchen has collated the latest research from around the world into a interesting and easy to read bible of advise.Don't waste time on old school methods,this book will give you results!