5.0 out of 5 stars New to Windows 8?
I am no expert on computers,I have a basic to intermediate understanding of computers. So I was kind of uncertain when buying this laptop, given it is a window 8 (totally new layout) and touch screen too.

Published 12 months ago by nightmare

3.0 out of 5 stars Great touch screen
Published 15 months ago by Roelof

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars New to Windows 8?, 11 Sep 2013

If you are afraid that you might find it difficult to understand or grasp the concept of Windows 8, DON'T BE. After having this laptop for nearly 2 weeks, it run very smoothly. The Windows 8 layout is a little difficult to get your head around at first, because everything is new and not in your standard place (ie: no start button on your homepage). But then again most things are a bit difficult at the start.

After fiddling around for a couple of days I started getting the hang of things, and the changes made to Windows makes sense. I did see the V7 (upgraded version of this laptop V5) without the touchscreen. I'd definitely recommend that you buy a laptop that IS TOUCHSCREEN if it has Windows 8, simply because the layout aids touchscreen use.

The only two minor negatives you could say about this laptop is the overly sensitive mouse pad, its super sensitive! But I tend to use a mixed technique when navigating through the laptop, using both the touchscreen and mouse. The laptop comes with a ton of unnecessary apps, but it will take about an hour tops to uninstall those apps.

Hope this helps!
Overall, really enjoyed the change to Windows 8.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great touch screen, 28 Jun 2013
Very good deal, great Acer product. Lightweight laptop, although the i7 3537U processor is not nearly as fast as the quad-core i7 processors, and this could really have done with dedicated graphics, rather than the Intel 4000 integrated it comes with. Please note you will not be able to do much gaming with this graphics card, and you cannot upgrade the graphics card later - Great buy if you are not planning to do any gaming.

Touch screen is great for Win 8 - works like a 'charm'!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service and product, 5 Sep 2013
Arrived promptly as expected and works straight out the box no problem. Very fast laptop and touch screen makes Windows 8 very usable. Would recommend to others

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 1 Oct 2013
I looked at dozens of 15.6 inch laptops, and liked the look/touch of the Acer Aspire. It does what it claims, is fast, and I enjoy using Windows 8 (I don't understand the negative comments some users have made). The backlit keyboard is a nice touch.

After only one month, I can honestly say that I cannot think of any additions/improvements that I would want. I'm not into gaming.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply stunning, 5 Jun 2013
Charles Wells "Lord Giveth" (London UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Acer Aspire V5-571P 15.6-inch Touchscreen Laptop (6GB RAM, 500GB HDD) (Personal Computers)
Nothing else comes close at this price, Core i5, 6GB RAM and a touchscreen. The laptop is superslim considering it also has a DVD drive although it is not so light to carry. It suits me just fine as I upgrade to a new laptop every three years as there can be a lot of improvements/changes in that period, so I aim to spend about £500 each time on whatever is the best buy for that price. For example I wanted to buy a laptop with a DVD/CD drive although I expect in three years time that won't be so important. However if you want a lighter laptop and a sharper screen then this Acer is not for you, and if you are happy to pay more for those features then look elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, good price, 7 Oct 2013
Really good value for money, however my 'k' key on the keyboard is ridiculously sensitive but this might be a manufacturing fault.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product at a great price, 2 Oct 2013
Well specced, powerful laptop, with a touch screen, at a very good price. Battery life is poor, but if using largely on mains adapter, as we do, then a very good machine - provided you can get on with Windows 8

4.0 out of 5 stars computer is excellent, but windows 8 is a separate topic, 22 Sep 2013
Computer is excellent new Windows 8 is so different it does take some time to be able to get going at any sort of level

4.0 out of 5 stars Clunky touchpad, 25 Jun 2013
Ms. S. C. Small (Truro, Cornwall) - See all my reviews
I did my research before I bought this laptop. Even so, I wish it was smaller and lighter - it also has a separate numberpad which I don't need and contributes to its extra size. My biggest gripe is the fact that the touchpad is so clunky and unstable. You can left click and nothing happens, or you can just pass your fingertip over it and it takes you to a different screen. Windows 8 is a pain but that is a different story. I think this would be a good desktop replacement but if you're looking for something portable that you can sling over your shoulder and go out and about with, this is not it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great laptop, 22 Dec 2013
This laptop is suprisingly light .good resolution screen. I have previously used Sony Vaio and Dell laptops, this one is on a par with both of them but considerably cheaper.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›