5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic laptop at a great price.
I've had this laptop for almost two weeks now and I can say it truly is the best purchase I've ever made on Amazon. The build quality is excellent and it is a very aesthetically pleasing. The specs on this laptop are excellent for the price; I have several resource hungry applications and Windows 7 running as virtual machine and everything is running smoothly...
Published 12 months ago by DaveEar

3.0 out of 5 stars It works
I bought this as a netbook had given up the ghost! I don't like Windows 8 that came loaded and not sure the computer is that quick. It's OK for the price I paid. Kept restarting because of a BIOS issue and static. Acer did direct me to the instructions on their site of how to correct.
Published 6 months ago by Tony Moreton

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic laptop at a great price., 19 Aug 2013

As for people complaining about Windows 8 being pre-installed; you can upgrade to Windows 8.1, install Start8 ([...] to replicate the Windows 7 start menu, and change the settings to boot directly into Desktop mode rather than the Metro UI. After this Windows 8 will look / act almost identical to 7.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great laptop, 29 Jun 2013
This review is from: Acer Aspire V3-771 17.3-inch Laptop (Black) - (Intel Core i5 3230M 2.6GHz Processor, 6GB RAM, 750GB HDD, DVDSM DL, LAN, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8) (Personal Computers)
Laptop is awesome, very fast and does everything I need it to do with ease. I would say however that Windows 8 has taken longer to get used to than any other operating system I have ever used before.

4.0 out of 5 stars does the job, 4 Aug 2013
old laptop no longer working so this was a one of the cheapest replacements I could find with the 17.3 inch screen I was after. Looks smart and does the job. The only problem is that it runs window 8 which I am not a fan of but not much I can do about that.

product arrived quickly and in good shape

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 10 Sep 2013
This laptop is soo amazing it can run games fine with no lag or any problem .. plus the specs of this laptop is powerful however the only downside about it is the battery life it don't last long that especially when you play games.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very much to what I have dreamt for, 13 Sep 2013
Very fast laptop. It really met my needs from doing work and then using it for gaming. Should serve me well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not robust, 9 Jun 2013
I have had this laptop for a few weeks.

First the positive points: it works well, the keyboard is easy to use, the screen is clear (although very shiney, so no good in sunlight), it remains cool after extensive use, although not something you would want lug around with you everyday, it is portable if you don't need to carry it too far. Sound is reasonable, hdd web cam is very good and high def works well. Mic. ok with no feedback when using Skype etc. Good at coping with several programmes open at once and several pages open on browser. Overall, I'm very happy with this acer, I would say it is good value for money and it does what I need it to do.

It only gets 4 because there are.....

Issues: As others have said elsewhere, the construction is not overly robust and the screen is scarily bendy - noticeable when you open it up (as compared with my previous laptop - an HP dv 9500ea ,which blew up but, felt like it was made of iron!). The exterior plastic is very shiney and already, despite my best efforts to keep it clean, has several surface marks. The battery is not great - lasts about 2 hrs. No backlit keyboard, so not so easy to see in dim light. There are an awful lot of unnecessary pre loaded programmes that I am gradually removing.

The biggest pain is Windows 8! Yes, you can work around it, but it does kick-in all the time with unhelpful icons popping up! Hopefully, this will be sorted by Microsoft in mid-June 2013, when they release an updated version. Win 8 on an ordinary non-touch sensitive laptop, like this one, is about as helpful as a petrol tank on a pedal bike! Hope that helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure value for money, 10 Aug 2013
So here I am typing this review on my new Acer V3-571!!

The generous I3 processor backed up with a sturdy 4gb of ram for a decent amount of 'grunt' keeps this laptop running very smoothly, powerful and with a very clear and defined resolution screen allows for HD videos and films to be streamed / played with ease (even on my rather slow network).

It can even handle games very well, whilst playing a few simulators it managed to run on high graphics settings whilst maintaining a smooth frame rate, it was so close to handling games in the 'ultra' graphics setting, I was never expecting it to but it did surprisingly well and it doesn't even get hot suggesting a very good fan / cooling system.

Windows 8 runs great with the machine, keyboard is lovely to type with and the overall build quality and aesthetics are very good indeed.

Oh and for the price, you cant really argue with that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Laptop fine, Windows 8 a nightmare!, 31 July 2013
This laptop is a good spec and met all of my requirements bar ONE! It took me a whole week to discover that it has "secure bios" which prevents installing another partition with Linux for dual boot. This isn't Acer's fault I imagine, but is a feature of the Windows 8 OS, which though designed for security purposes is a pig to overcome. The machine should come with a "health warning" to tell you this so you can either learn how to overcome being unable to change the boot order, or choose a Windows 7 machine instead.

4.0 out of 5 stars Acer Aspire V3-771 17.3-inch Notebook (Intel Core i3 2.5GHz, 6GB RAM, 750GB HDD, Windows 8, 20 Sep 2013
my acer aspire was great value. simple to use and very clear and sharp graphics.with a very good keyboard.and i am completely satisfied with this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd chosen the i5 Processor, 6 Sep 2013
John Hunt "Spirittamer" (Barnsley) - See all my reviews
There isn't anything to dislike about the Laptop. It is an excellent Laptop for the price. The Keyboard is far better than the one on the 6920G it replaces. The screen is excellent. In hindsight I would probably choose the i5 Processor for my needs.