5.0 out of 5 stars Just What I Wanted!
Published 11 months ago by Debs

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality leaves to be desired
Published 11 months ago by Alexandra NIXON

5.0 out of 5 stars Just What I Wanted!, 3 Sep 2013
This review is from: Acer Aspire V5-121 11.6-inch Laptop (Blue) - (AMD C70 1GHz Processor, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, LAN, WLAN, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8) (Personal Computers)
I wanted something in between my 15" Dell, which is too heavy to carry around, and my iPad mini which is great to pop in my handbag and this fitted the bill perfectly. It's light weight, slim and the Caribbean Blue is very pretty. It's not the fastest computer I've had, but I didn't expect it to be. Have heard alot about people not liking Windows 8 and I'm still learning about it but so far I love it and the 'old style' windows is still there if you want it in the Acer Desktop app so you can just go back to the old view of windows, no problem!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exellent, 13 Aug 2013
it is very light to transport. as a novice i am finding it easy to use. would recommend to others.

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality leaves to be desired, 19 Sep 2013
Alexandra NIXON "AlphaG" (France) - See all my reviews
Attractive and convenient size. Keyboard and touchpad are uncomfortable, you need to press hard on the keys, and the touchpad is erratic. I really dislike Windows 8, but that is a software issue. Overall, this is a decent buy for occasional and informal use. Advantages: compact and lightweight, attractive design. Disadvantages: poor quality (paint started scratching off within the first hours of use) and a bit slow unless you seriously streamline the number of windows 8 apps and revert to normal "desktop" usage.

3.0 out of 5 stars There is a lot of useless stuff on it, 3 July 2014
Once I got used to Windows 8, this little machine became my friend. There is a lot of useless stuff on it. I use it as a kind of typewriter. I think it would be better as a touch-screen. It's okay, though.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terible Laptop and Terrible Support, 1 May 2014
In 9 months i have had to send this laptop back twice for repair, the first time was after 3 months when the keyboard started playing up. Last month i sent the laptop back with a power issue - the laptop would not turn on and the battery would not charge.
Acer have had the laptop for over a month, have replaced one part (apparently) which they had to order in?? and it is still not working, they ordered a second part, again they have had to order this in? this has now taken over 20 days and is still not repaired. Acer have offered a full refund, which i have now accepted. but the product is very poor quality build and reliability
Acer Support is at best, abysmal!! I had to contact them after 10 days to find out if they even had my laptop and the status of the repair as i had not heard anything. In fact it took a very blunt and angry email to their support team to get any response from them at all, which was an email telling me they were waiting for a part, they manafacture theseunits, surely they must have all the spare parts for them??
All other contact with them has had to be initiated by me. and everything they say is clearly from a script, no sentiment of apathy involved, which just frustrates you even more.

Avoid buy buying laptops from Acer, they maybe cheap but it simply is not worth the aggravation and disappointment involved!

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, don't go near it, 22 Mar 2014
L. Wolfe "X" (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
After 1 month it was really slow...
Within 2 months I started having problems with the keyboard...
Then 4 months later it wouldn't open folders/files...
Then kept crashing and switching itself off...
And now the screen has died.

I only had this laptop 6 months and I already had to replace it.

Total waste of money: Go buy a Sony or something more reliable.

- Software Engineer