on 4 May 2013
A very well written book about '20 Great Italian Games'.

Mr.Rinaldi made a brilliant job of describing each game with very informative snippets from the era of each particular game, and it brings so many memories of some great football matches from Serie A.

An e-book so good, you won't want to put it down once you start reading it. I limited myself to one or two games per day, just to make it last longer (a bit like when you don't want to bite on a delicious piece of chocolate so it takes longer to eat).

For £1.53, this is definitely a bargain for football lovers, and here's hoping a 'sequel' will be forthcoming.

Grazie e complimenti.
on 29 January 2015
Reading this book brought back some great memories. Re-living a lot of the games mentioned in this book was fantastic, especially the ones in the 90's taking me back 20 years or so. When reading about some of the games it makes you want re-watch them again after or find the ones that was I was too young to witness. Great work Giancarlo!
on 29 April 2013
To me, an Italian having grown up in England this is exactly what I would ask for in a book. Informative, emotive, I could go on but the biggest compliment I could pay this book is it just had me smiling thinking about the way football used to be which is what we would all love to see again more so the might of the Italian game.

Also I must say I was born in 1989 and despite this I was still entranced by the games that I am obviously too young to remember and being Neapolitan and brought up on tales of Maradona and my parents showing me footage of the World Cups in the 80's and also Serie A these were perfect to help me get a sense of what that era must have been like for a bona fide calcio fan!

It's always a pleasure to hear more about sides such as Sampdoria, Parma, Fiorentina, Lazio etc as these were the sides that made Serie A in the 90's the special thing it was as this really was the era of the 7 sisters when these teams had world class players throughout and great symbols for the club.

I can't get enough books on calcio in the English language and here's hoping for many more like this one that aren't just accounts on the history of the game (as good as they also are) but are also a window into a fans thoughts and feelings about the game and for a price of £1.53 all I can say is Grazie Mille to the author. Benfatto!
on 8 May 2013
You can read this in a day. You could read it in one sitting. Truth is, you will only stop reading if you have to.

It is an informative read, presented with passion and enthusiasm for the game in Italy. There is a heavy Fiorentina bias, but if you know Mister Rinaldi through his writing or social media, you will know this already.

What was good, was the fact that I knew or had any experience of watching any of those games. Most of it, if not the player names, was new to me - presented in a way that took me there, without the need for hunting through YouTube for grainy images. I look forward to the next installment.
Excellent trip down memory lane recalling some iconic names of Italian football. Remembered some names I'd forgotten from first watching Serie A on Channel 4 in the 90s. Anyone with the slightest interest in Italian football should get this
on 25 April 2013
Really enjoyed reading these stories.The author has a great way of writing about the matches without it being just a football history report.Did consider dropping a star or two on the basis the author is a Viola fan, but that would have been very childish of me!!!
on 20 September 2013
Excellent read.
Funny, informative and will stimulate debate about which are Italy's best ever games.
Read on the plane to the next derby della Lanterns.
on 31 December 2013
A great balance of different clubs mentioned - this book was really well written and a great read. The author shows that he is an expert on Italian football.
on 8 May 2013
Reminds me of all of the great games in Serie A over the years and also why I love calcio!
on 30 August 2013
Some questionable games and short in content. This could have been a lot better, as the author uses too many of his team's (Fiorentina) games and the game description is often lacking detail.