5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, written in a very engaging style
My first review on Amazon, but this book is just so good. Jaan Larner is a normal guy that most of us can relate to, the style of the writing is witty and engaging. Even if you are not interested in ever doing triathlons or Ironman events ... this book is a great read.
Published 17 months ago by Scubascooby

3.0 out of 5 stars A very short book
I enjoyed reading this but it was over too quickly, I think the author could have gone into more detail. The book was littered with small mistakes too which I found frustrating.
Published 6 months ago by Mrs Aimee Spicer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, written in a very engaging style, 30 July 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - very enjoyable!, 11 July 2013
This review is from: Fatboy To Ironman (Kindle Edition)
Thoroughly enjoyed this read - even though I have absolutely no intention of becoming an IronMan, I found this book to be very entertaining and I find Jaan's writing style to be most amusing.

It is a genuinely great read, and for anyone crazy enough to be considering the IronMan will provide countless helpful tips and useful information.

I look forward to Jaan's next literary offering!

Also by the author:

The Modern Cad Guide

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, written for people who are curious or need some extra motivation., 26 Aug 2014
This review is from: Fatboy To Ironman (Kindle Edition)
Jaan writes how he thinks and I liked it. You can hear his thoughts and if you have completed triathlons of any distance also sympathise with him. He is honest in his writing and tells the story of a normal man taking on a big challenge and not being afraid of it enough to give up. I finished a few sprint tri's and booked my first 1/2 IM next year. I know now after reading this I will also finish and full IM.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, 2 July 2014
This review is from: Fatboy To Ironman (Kindle Edition)
Very good. A bit thin on content but it's free! Easy reading and motivational at times.

5.0 out of 5 stars really nice and quick read with plenty of laughs, 27 Jun 2014
This review is from: Fatboy To Ironman (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed the book and it's conversational style. It's nice to read about the true experience which I feel I have just started to understand

5.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable..., 24 Jun 2014
This review is from: Fatboy To Ironman (Kindle Edition)
Because of this book I ran 5km non stop today for the first time in years. Inspired. On the bike tomorrow.

Great stuff.

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete rubbish, 22 Jun 2014
This review is from: Fatboy To Ironman (Kindle Edition)
Complete rubbish , never reviewed a book before but felt I had to on this one. It's just the author saying look at me ain't I great. Even though it was free I still feel like I've been ripped off.

3.0 out of 5 stars A very short book, 18 Jun 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars good look at what makes someone do an ironman, 16 May 2014
mainecoon1cats (West Midlands, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fatboy To Ironman (Kindle Edition)
Very good light humoured and enjoyable read, behind the crazy mind, amazing sheer will to finish almost got me to start.

5.0 out of 5 stars A true inspiration to all us mere mortals that dream of being a ironman, 1 May 2014
Stephen Jay - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fatboy To Ironman (Kindle Edition)
loved this book I couldn't put it down it,
it imparts lot of simple little tips and snippets of knowledge in a easy to understand language
it's by no means a training manual but it did for me explain what it's like to compete and complete a triathlon and iron man but with a sense of humour

most of all it made me think yes it's possible to actually complete a iron man you don't need to be superhuman just super determined

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›