5,181
Size: iPad Mini & iPad Mini 2 Card Slot 'Executive'|Colour Name: Black|Change

on 22 April 2011
I got my new iPad in the past two weeks and although it felt good without a case I wasnt happy to keep it that way. Many of the cases seem either cheap & nasty or don't give full coverage. Neither would be good enough to keep me happy. After much searching I came across the Snugg which seemed to tick all the boxes.

The outer case is a lovely leather finish but is rigid for protection. The inside is covered with a soft velvet finish to prevent scratches to the case. It is well shaped with holes and cut outs for both cameras and the home button. I can't see any need to ever remove it.

The front cover bends at a suitable place to allow the iPad to be used at a slant for typing or more upright for watching movies etc.
The finishing touch is the use of magnets to keep the case closed. This not only prevents having to use clips everywhere but it switches the display on and off in the same way that Apples Smart Cover does! I love hearing the click as it switches off when I closes the cover.

I am extremely pleased with this purchase and would recommend it to all iPad owners.
1010 comments| 918 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 June 2010
When I got my iPad I was a little nervous about damaging it - they do feel a little fragile! This case is superb! It gives you the peace of mind of protection but the way it helps the iPad stand is great when watching films or playing music - considering the price I was very impressed with the quality, a bit of a bargain!!
0Comment| 107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 June 2010
Took a bit of a gamble on this because it had no reviews when I ordered it but it looked like the best option just based on the photos. What a result!!!!! I'm really impressed. Design wise it seems like a copy of the official apple case which is exactly what I wanted. I was put off the apple case by the negative comments about the material and it apparently being a dust magnet. The apple case also doesn't have a magnetic or any other type of closing system to keep the lid securely closed. In summary - this is an excellent case that improves on the apple design and is slightly cheaper. Buy it!
2020 comments| 157 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 June 2011
I bought this with the same scepticism I buy all cases - no matter what I try and find out about a cover until I have it in my mucky paws I just won't know what it's like. The snugg case was simply superb and has some cool features!

The velcro keeps the iPad2 firmly in place when its propped uso the home button is always in the right place - every other case I have had allows it to slip

It wakes on the cover opening like the Apple case (and goes to sleep on closing)

The strap at the back means I can hold it in one hand - the Apple store cut silicon cases with a knife to achieve this :)

Don't waste your time with other cases and take my word for it. This is the best iPad2 case you can buy.
0Comment| 201 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 July 2012
I knew that the Snugg IPad 2 case wass a quality item because my colleague at school has one. I wanted a protective case that had a hand strap to allow me to walk around the classroom with it without fear of dropping it, and this fits the bill. The case is well made and the iPad slots in place very easily, held in place by a strong strip of Velcro. All of the cut-outs line up well and I'm very impressed with the overall construction. There are cheaper covers on the market, however, you are protecting an expensive electronic item so you will definitely benefit from paying that bit extra for piece of mind.

Finally, I opted for free delivery and the cover was delivered on time.
on 18 April 2015
I was very surprised at the elegance of this case - very well made and top, TOP quality material. I've attached some images for you guys to look at; some show the case taken out of the packaging and some are with my iPad inserted; I placed the guarantee card on top so you can see. This is how I unwrapped my parcel and the goodies within and I tried to get every angle and detail for you! I registered for my (snugg lifetime guarantee) simply send an email and that's it. I like the stitching it gives the case character and it has lots of lovely handy features like standing positions and sleep/wake function which saves battery life and turns the iPad on when you open it up. The packaging is just as well made and designed as the case itself! I love this sooo much and I hope you guys will too! :)
review image review image review image review image review image
on 4 June 2010
Beautifully Finished, Sturdy and fit for purpose.. This is the exact standard of quality you would expect to encase your new Ipad in. It feels solid and yet has a sophisticated look to it. it opens as detailed in the photos and has a magnetic close device that keeps the your Ipad secure when not in use. highly recommended
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 29 March 2016
First of all, let's set the record straight - this is not a real leather product. It's PU leather, or fake leather, and that's not made very clear in the product description. Had I known that, I might have thought twice about it.

On to the review. The case comes with a nice cardboard sleeve, and is then chucked into a clear plastic bag, which hasn't been sealed very well. I think if you were giving it to someone, you'd probably take it out of the bag and leave the cardboard sleeve intact. That would look a bit more presentable.

The case itself is a smart looking little thing. Despite not being real leather, it does have a nice leathery aroma to it, which just screams of high quality. The stitching around the edges looks smart and strong too. The front is embossed with "Snugg", which as I've already discussed in a previous review of Snugg's products, narks me a bit because if I've paid for something, I don't expect to have to keep advertising its manufacturer. BHS and Next don't slap their branding on the front of all their clothing, after all. The rear is embossed with the company website, which is at least small writing.

Open the case and you can feel the magnet in action, trying to keep the two edges closed. It's nice and strong, and the case did not fall open. On the left hand side there's a velcro strap which you can use to hold, or tuck into the flap on the back to use the case as a stand. Again, there's more branding at the bottom of the case - we get it already!

On the right hand side, you'll insert your iPad. There's a velcro tab which you pull out, insert your iPad and tuck back in to fasten the iPad in place. Again, this is a nice secure way of keeping the iPad in place, and it didn't fall out in my tests. At the top of the leaf, there's a holder for a stylus, although the case does not come with one. There's a leather "frame" around the edge, which is great because it doesn't interfere with a screen protector, if you have one on your iPad.

All ports are perfectly accessible, although the camera cutout didn't seem to quite line up properly, even after a few attempts. With a lot of shoving, it eventually lined up, but this caused the leather "frame" to be slightly distorted. The buttons are not covered, so you can access them all easily.

Overall, this is a nice little case. At £25 (Price at time of review), it's not the cheapest out there, and there are a few things about it which stop it being entirely perfect, but it does its job well, and with Snugg's lifetime guarantee, it will hopefully keep you going for the life of your iPad. Thanks to the manufacturer, who sent me this in exchange for an honest review.
on 22 September 2010
I picked this case up for two main reasons. I needed something to protect the iPad whilst being carried in a bag along with a laptop and also something to protect the iPad if dropped as I have two young daughters who use it. I have to say it works perfectly. My iPad is well protected (especially the screen) whilst it's in a bag and my girls have dropped the iPad on a few occasions with no damage at all.

In addition the case is very well made. It looks and feels like a quality product. The ability to have the screen propped up is a bonus although this works much better in landscape mode as it is a little unsteady when standing in portrait. All the iPad buttons are still easy to use when in the case and you can also charge the iPad. If you use the Apple iPad dock you will need to remove the iPad from the case but this is very easy and a lot easier than other cases I have tried.

I highly recommend this product.
on 30 May 2011
For the price this is an exceptionally good product. The quality seems faultless and the leather is of high standard. The design of the cover is good and it is easy to take the iPad out of the cover (important to me) if you don;t want to use this one all the time, I intend to use this cover when in business mode, I want to use the Apple Smart-cover for less formal use.