5.0 out of 5 stars Beatiful album
Can I rate this album seven stars or so? Music is a feeling and I feel very good and comfortable when I listen to this album.
Published 21 months ago by agnes

3.0 out of 5 stars Norman Watt-Roy Faith & Grace
Published 22 months ago by Sighthound

5.0 out of 5 stars Beatiful album, 2 Sept. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars The best thing I've heard for a very long time., 4 Oct. 2013
This review is from: FAITH AND GRACE (Audio CD)
I cant explain how brilliant I think this is. It's so varied but jazz is there a lot. From a cool funky jazz, a late night smooth jazz and onto Wilko helping out an an amazing Roxette. I could imagine people listening to it and it just going past them. But fortunately for me I paid attention and it's brilliant.
Something strikes me that this is urban and Norman is a reluctant front man. Not sure if that's the case, but it's very understated and honest. Love it.
And his version of Billericay Dickie. For weeks now my mind has continually telling me not to hold a candle if you know where it's been. The jackpot is in the 'andle of a normal fruit machine :)
I hope you read Amazon reviews Norman - cos I'd like to say thanks.

3.0 out of 5 stars Norman Watt-Roy Faith & Grace, 25 July 2013
This review is from: Faith & Grace (MP3 Download)
BEWARE! - Track 04 'Me, My Bass and I' is only 7 seconds long. It should actually be 6:31 but for some reason Amazon can't provide the full version, in spite of being informed of this strange anomaly. I downloaded the full album from Amazon and discovered this fault. Amazon was good enough to refund me the cost of the track, but were insistent that as the track was actually listed as only being 7 seconds long then they were actually doing me a favour in refunding it! Hopefully the bigger picture will eventually reveal itself to them, they'll fix the error and find a way to provide their customers with the actual track. Here's hoping.

The album itself is good. It's a proper little vehicle for NWR's chops, experiences and influences and although it seems a bit mixed up it in places, it satisfies. NWR reclaims some of his most famous bass lines on some tracks - namely 'Relax' FGH, 'The Magnificent Seven' The Clash and his classic,'Rhythm Stick', of which a slower version is used to very good effect on what may be the highlight of the album, 'Save it'. I'll let you find the rest. Only one minor gripe however, which is purely just my personal taste, which is that with the notable exception of the excellent 'Moiche Tantrum', there's an over use of a rock saxophone style that seems to offer nothing more than the obligatory repeated licks at a high pitch. This brings a couple of the tracks to a standstill in my view. Dig in, open up or leave it out I say, but that's just my personal gripe. In all, good gear for Blockheads and general bass fans.

3.0 out of 5 stars CD, 7 April 2014
This review is from: FAITH AND GRACE (Audio CD)
Not as good as I hoped it to be. But the bass playing is brilliant. Norman has got to be one of the best bass players in the world.

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius pure Genius, 25 July 2013
This review is from: FAITH AND GRACE (Audio CD)
This album gets better every time I play it, it's a master class of the Bass and a real muso album :) I love it

5.0 out of 5 stars FAITH AND GRACE, 21 Feb. 2015
This review is from: FAITH AND GRACE (Audio CD)
Norman on top form and doing what he does best - playing superb bass guitar -with a wonderful version of jazz classic 'My foolish heart' that is a master class in solo bass guitar playing

5.0 out of 5 stars Norman Watt-Roy, 27 Dec. 2013
This review is from: FAITH AND GRACE (Audio CD)
One of my most favourite cds now.
Bought this after seeing artist in concert a few months ago.
Quality music. Brilliant lyric. Original and lovable.
Just can't take it of my play list. Love.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality rather than quantity.. and then some!, 10 Nov. 2013
This review is from: FAITH AND GRACE (Audio CD)
It's hard for me not to give this anything less than 5 stars. As another reviewer has hinted, this is really one for the fans. Having just seen Norman for the umpteenth time with Wilko guesting 'in support', I don't think I've ever seen him look happier. For those who don't know him, check out the Blockheads and Wilko and just listen to that bass. "How do you get so low?" One of the finest electric bass players and composers you'll ever see and hear. He's worked damned hard over the past 40 odd years for this first solo album and a fine result it is. Produced by Gilad Atzmon who plays sax and accordian in the band this is sheer quality. All too brief at 37 minutes, but hey, do yourself a favour and go and check them out live - even if they do run out of songs by time the audience shout for the third encore! Even then, who could be disappointed by hearing another superb jam around that Rythmn Stick riff?!

3.0 out of 5 stars m'mmm, 25 Oct. 2013
This review is from: FAITH AND GRACE (Audio CD)
I think this one will grow on me; some tracks I immediately liked, some - the complicated modern jazz one - were a bit harsh on the old ear'oles and brain. But whatever else, this guy is one hell of a Bass Player, so give it a go.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 14 Sept. 2014
This review is from: FAITH AND GRACE (Audio CD)
Not a bad album ok actually

FAITH AND GRACE
FAITH AND GRACE by Norman Watt-Roy (Audio CD - 2013)