5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, wish i purchased sooner
Published 8 months ago by pastry

3.0 out of 5 stars Good monitor, bad customer support.
I bought this monitor a little while back when upgrading from a TV. First off, the monitor was fantastic.
Pros:
• Easy to set up
• Attractive
• Great resolution and response time
Cons:
• Price
• Buttons on the side of the monitor can be awkward
• BenQ customer service

I had the monitor...
Published 3 months ago by Ben F.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good monitor, bad customer support., 28 July 2014
This review is from: BenQ RL2455HM LED 24 -inch W Gaming Monitor 1920 x 1080, 1000:1, 12M:1, 1 ms GTG, DVI/HDMI x 2/speakers - Black/Red (Accessory)
Pros:
• Easy to set up
• Attractive
• Great resolution and response time
Cons:
• Price
• Buttons on the side of the monitor can be awkward
• BenQ customer service

I had the monitor only for a couple of days until I had noticed a dead pixel near the right of the centre of the screen. I figured if would be okay as every company gets faulty items and I would just be able to return it and get a new one. Nope. I contacted BenQ and the first time, they hadn't replied. After waiting a week and a half, I contacted them again and this time they replied and claimed that the dead pixel I had described was not in their policy for replacing (either 3 in a row on anywhere but the centre or 1 in the centre) and they refused to replace it. At this point, I had to rely on Amazon with their fantastic customer service and they posted another monitor when they received the broken one the next day. It's been matter of weeks and it seems okay so overall it's a good monitor minus the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, wish i purchased sooner, 29 Mar 2014
Overall this monitor exceeded most of my expectations as i was a non believer that 120hz made any difference to gameplay. This monitor has made playing games far more enjoyable as i can play more hours on end without being tired. Not having Motion Blur has made this monitor amazing to play on, much much better than my old one. So are there any bad points, well there are but they have no impact on the game as for me the colours really were lacking, however if you have a Nvidia card you can turn vibrancy all the way up to 100% and immediately there is a huge difference. Also you will need to tweak the settings as they do make for better colours. I would have liked for a much better yellow, however i cant complain as this has been a excellent upgrade. If however you were looking for a gaming monitor but you wanted editing, or to view movies i might suggest you have a second mmonitor for that as the quality of videos is good but there is a noticeable difference after a few minutes but this was purely for gaming so i am happy with my purchase, and hopefully it will last me a few years like my old one :) (no hickups so far)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good monitor but ultimately i had to return it, 21 Sep 2014
Mr. P. Chagar - See all my reviews
My monitor came with Version 2 firmware

Used this monitor for less than a month and even though it is a very good monitor i had to return it.

The positives:

1)The best stand for any screen i have ever used. You can put it in so many different positions. The base of the stand is quite deep so make sure you have a desk which is quite deep also. Otherwise it will be right in your face.
2)The color is quite good for a TN panel once you have calibrated it (there are a few sites with calibration settings)
3)Response time is excellent. I played battlefield 4 as soon as i got it and it instantly felt more responsive to my old monitor.
4)Lots of different picture options and settings.
5)The remote control feature to change settings is very handy
6)Lots of input options
7)This is a 27inch 1080p monitor some people are a loss of detail but i found this monitor to have plenty of detail in the picture.
8)144hz makes a big difference when when playing FPS games just make your you have a graphics card that can contantly keeps those numbers or its a waste of money.

The Negatives:
1)When playing fifa there is obvious trailing/overshooting when the camera sweeps across the pitch.
2)Even though i have the version 2 firmware and using the blur buster software i found that it caused way to many artifacts and weird image issues. The blur reduction feature for me was kind of useless and i just kept it off with all games.
4)Viewing angles aren't great but expected with a TN panel
5)The touch buttons sometimes dont respond and can be frustrating. You cannot turn the monitor on using the remote control
6)Some screen uniformity. Which is apparent when watching dark movies. Some areas of the monitor are lighter than others which is frustrating.
7)When setting a the monitor to 144hz refresh rate i found that my R9 280x would not down clock when i was not playing games this meant that temps on my card were always high. Switching to 120hz fixed the problem. I googled the issue and it happens to nvidia cards also. So Nvidia and Amd need to address this issue in a driver update.

Ultimately the reason i returned this monitor because for the price and the trailing issues i could not justify keeping it.

But with games like Counter strike or any other game for that matter the trailing/overshooting was less apparent.

Its is a decent monitor but not for every game

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothin short of fantastic. Delivery was next day even though I ordered ..., 16 Sep 2014
So I've had this a week.

Nothin short of fantastic.

Delivery was next day even though I ordered at 15:30 so don't be fooled by the dispatch and delivery times.

Colors and quality is amazing. Please note that when wanting to use the 144hz refresh rate that you need to use the DVI cable supplied as HDMI only supports 60hz. I didn't realise this and started to worry.

Worth every penny. Can't recommend it enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT !!!, 21 Feb 2014
Mike (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This is by far the best monitor I have ever had. My last one was a 2ms refresh rate 24", but Asus. The BenQ knocks it into a cocked hat. Not just by the 1ms refresh rate either. The whole thing from build quality to the menu system, refresh rate to the auto-lighten is just superb. Yes, this model automatically lightens the screen when you are "in a dark place", such as in a game, at night time. The detail is superb and even on an old game like CoD2 (my all time favourite) it really packs a punch.

There is nothing about this product that I do not like.

The performance is superb, the ratings and effects are stunning and the price is unbelievable - I paid under £150 for this "pro gaming monitor", so you will forgive my "e-shouting" when I say BRILLIANT !!! Six Stars!

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent monitor for the price - but not without some niggles, 19 Mar 2014
Let me start off by saying that for the price, this monitor is very good and should satisfy most.

However, there were a couple of issues that I should mention. Firstly, out of the box, the settings on this monitor are terrible - so much so that I thought there was something wrong with it and I was contemplating sending it back. The fonts on small text were really blurry with some ghosting clearly visible around desktop icons as well as text. Similarly the colours were really bad and looked very washed out.

Fortunately, this is fixable by changing the settings to Standard (seems to work best for me) and then adjusting brightness, contrast and gamma to suit. At this point I haven't quite got the settings to a point where I'm comfortable with them yet but I'm sure a few more tweaks and I'll be there.

One other problem is that when viewing the screen colours around the bottom of the screen appeared washed out compared to colours in the middle or top of the screen. It turns out that this is due to the height of the monitor. If I lowered my head, the colours at the bottom of the screen didn't appear as washed out. So in other words, the colours look great if your viewing angle is perpendicular to the screen. Unfortunately the monitor doesn't have a height adjuster - although this was easily fixed by propping the monitor up on a few books.

So whilst neither of these issues are major deal-breakers it's worth bearing in mind when you do first plug it in that some manual adjustment is necessary. That said, for the price, it's hard to complain because the monitor is great once the small niggles are sorted out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for xbox one., 18 Jun 2014
Hi got this today and it is amazing i was playing on samsung 42 tv and had good picture, but this monitor blows the picture away,will not be be playing on my hd tv from now on,the settings are crap out the box my settings are sharpness 1,black equalizer 1,color temp user mode,ama high,instant mode on,dynamic contrast 5,overscan on,rgb(0-255).

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great monitor for Gaming, 28 Dec 2013
Read so many reviews about this on Trusted Reviews, You Tube, etc - so upgraded from a really nice Samsung 226bw to this and have not looked back., i have an Xbox 360, Ps4 and a midrange Pc all plugged in with various cables into the ports. Really Brilliant for playing Games as the Colours are Sharp and vibrant , I also use it for watching films, which you can set up brightness etc using
the Hotkeys. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 13 Dec 2013
I did lot of research for a perfect monitor for gaming and I think I found it! It is just brilliant! Quality of image is not the best, but you are buying this monitor for it's response time. I am using this with my console and I had no problems so far. And talking about the size, it's right about what I need - not too big, not too small. Very nice monitor. Highly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars Crystal, 6 April 2014
Excellent value for money slight light bleed from sides but nothing major. Lovely bright colours and contrast is excellent. Monitor has 2 HDMI inputs and VGA/Digital so lots of devices can be added. Built in speakers so you can use it without headphones, sound is fine but dont expect cinema standards.