5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT !!!
Published 15 months ago by Mike

3.0 out of 5 stars Good monitor, bad customer support.
I bought this monitor a little while back when upgrading from a TV. First off, the monitor was fantastic.
Pros:
• Easy to set up
• Attractive
• Great resolution and response time
Cons:
• Price
• Buttons on the side of the monitor can be awkward
• BenQ customer service

I had the monitor...
Published 10 months ago by Ben F.

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT !!!, 21 Feb. 2014
Mike (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: BenQ RL2455HM LED 24 -inch W Gaming Monitor 1920 x 1080, 1000:1, 12M:1, 1 ms GTG, DVI/HDMI x 2/speakers - Black/Red (Accessory)
This is by far the best monitor I have ever had. My last one was a 2ms refresh rate 24", but Asus. The BenQ knocks it into a cocked hat. Not just by the 1ms refresh rate either. The whole thing from build quality to the menu system, refresh rate to the auto-lighten is just superb. Yes, this model automatically lightens the screen when you are "in a dark place", such as in a game, at night time. The detail is superb and even on an old game like CoD2 (my all time favourite) it really packs a punch.

There is nothing about this product that I do not like.

The performance is superb, the ratings and effects are stunning and the price is unbelievable - I paid under £150 for this "pro gaming monitor", so you will forgive my "e-shouting" when I say BRILLIANT !!! Six Stars!

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Monitor - Although a few things need to be changed, 31 Aug. 2014
I bought this monitor used, from Amazon because it was £50 off and only the packaging was damaged (It wasn't even damaged when it arrived) and so far I'm absolutely loving it, it's AMAZING in fact, probably one of the best I've had. Although I love it so much, there are a few things that need changing and some things you need to be weary about when buying this monitor.

I'll sort it out though pros and cons below.

Pros:
- Amazingly sharp display
- Brilliant viewing angles
- Size is spot on, perfect for the gamer
- Monitor looks amazing, really like the red strips on the base.
- Monitor is relatively thin, this may be troublesome for some webcameras but overall makes the look brilliant.
- Buttons are really nice and the menu is perfect!

Cons:
- Speakers are dreadful, get a decent speaker set or some headphones
- The default display setting (RTS 1) is dreadful for computers, change it to standard (or sRGB) if you're planning to use it for a PC

Even though these points may hinder your thought a little bit. It was by far one of the greatest monitors I've had and I would recommend to anyone without a second thought.

5.0 out of 5 stars Certainly bang for your buck, 27 May 2014
Moses Muchiri (Montpellier, France) - See all my reviews
Simply put, I really like this monitor. This is a great monitor delivering great value for your hard earned cash. This does feel like a monitor designed and optimized for gaming particularly RTS gaming on consoles. But I have found it is equally just as good for PC gaming enthusiasts such as me. I don't know how BenQ was able to make a gaming monitor at this price point. I've had mine for about 2 weeks now and I can only say I'm loving every moment I spend on my PC with it. I had to fidget around the settings quit abit to get to what I'd call my 'optimal' settings for picture clarity and colour balance for both gaming as well as normal PC use (movies, office functions etc etc) and these are my current settings:

Picture mode: Photo
Brightness: 100%
Contrast: 66%
Sharpness: 1
Black equalizer: 0 (sometimes 1)
Colour temp: Red- 90, Green- 87, Blue-91
AMA: High
Instant mode: On
Dynamic Contrast: 0

5.0 out of 5 stars So happy, 29 Jan. 2014
Good monitor for a good prize!
I love it and it has so good resulution, finnaly Ican use my graphics car fully

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Monitor for a great price, 2 Mar. 2015
I spent weeks looking at and comparing gaming monitors, and kept on going back to this one. For the specs you really do get value for money. The low latency and response times are perfect for gaming online. Colours are great and the many different modes of operation are handy for when you want to watch a film. Primarily aimed at RTS gamers this monitor is also a perfect choice for FPS and all other games. There is slight ghosting with racing games but there is an option which reduces this. 5 stars for value and quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 13 Dec. 2013
I did lot of research for a perfect monitor for gaming and I think I found it! It is just brilliant! Quality of image is not the best, but you are buying this monitor for it's response time. I am using this with my console and I had no problems so far. And talking about the size, it's right about what I need - not too big, not too small. Very nice monitor. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 8 July 2014
I had only one of these monitors for a year, I decided I loved it so much, I forked out and bought two more. I now have all 3 running Nvidia surround off of my graphics card.
Out of the box the colour isn't that great. You have to set it onto sRGB mode before you get colours I see as accurate.
When using HDMI, you need to go into the Nvidia control panel and set it so that your GPU outputs all the colours, not 35-235. Otherwise you are missing out on some colours.
Other than that I love the monitors and they really are good for gaming. You can really tell the 1ms response time. I used to game on an old TV from 2008, but just can't do it anymore. Once you get a monitor designed for gaming, you really cannot go back to playing on one that is not designed in that way.
Try it. You will love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality can be cheap?!, 29 Mar. 2015
Just received this monitor for my new pc. It is fantastic for the price! The picture quality is great and is very sharp, blacks actually look black which is nice. Also the in built speakers are pretty good considering its from a monitor. Build quality is also very impressive. Haven't found a fault with it so far.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good picture, Bad audio, 2 April 2014
Very good picture, looks good and has lots of inputs and settings.
Poor sound quality through both headphones and speakers, very tinny and lacks any bass what so ever. I would recommend this monitor on picture alone but if your after decent audio I would look elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars sharpness is fantastic, this is a quality monitor, 18 Dec. 2014
I have a mid range gaming p.c but for the last 5 years used a non HD 19 inch monitor,i got this gaming monitor today and I must say,i am blown away,i did not realise what I was missing out on,the detail,colour,sharpness is fantastic,this is a quality monitor,high quality at a good price.