5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Monitor
I give this screen 5 stars because im coming from an old LG Monitor with just a vga input which was pretty good about 5 years ago.
Now I have a good pc setup this monitor just tops it all off for me now, such a happy person right now lol
Published 8 months ago by Cory Thomas

3.0 out of 5 stars Good monitor, bad customer support.
I bought this monitor a little while back when upgrading from a TV. First off, the monitor was fantastic.
Pros:
• Easy to set up
• Attractive
• Great resolution and response time
Cons:
• Price
• Buttons on the side of the monitor can be awkward
• BenQ customer service

I had the monitor...
Published 1 month ago by Ben F.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Monitor, 30 Dec 2013
This review is from: BenQ RL2455HM 24-inch 1080p Full HD LED Monitor (Accessory)
the quality of everything is so good, screen quality is sharp and crystal clear. Response time is brilliant too I noticed it straight away in battlefield campaign and I also like the buttons on the side to change screen profiles etc. good job benq will buy from this company again without a doubt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, wish i purchased sooner, 29 Mar 2014
Overall this monitor exceeded most of my expectations as i was a non believer that 120hz made any difference to gameplay. This monitor has made playing games far more enjoyable as i can play more hours on end without being tired. Not having Motion Blur has made this monitor amazing to play on, much much better than my old one. So are there any bad points, well there are but they have no impact on the game as for me the colours really were lacking, however if you have a Nvidia card you can turn vibrancy all the way up to 100% and immediately there is a huge difference. Also you will need to tweak the settings as they do make for better colours. I would have liked for a much better yellow, however i cant complain as this has been a excellent upgrade. If however you were looking for a gaming monitor but you wanted editing, or to view movies i might suggest you have a second mmonitor for that as the quality of videos is good but there is a noticeable difference after a few minutes but this was purely for gaming so i am happy with my purchase, and hopefully it will last me a few years like my old one :) (no hickups so far)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really cannot believe how good this thing actually is, 23 Aug 2014
Really cannot believe how good this thing actually is. If you've got a decent gfx card (I have a GTX780) it's going to be worth every penny, 144Mhz topline (most monitors are 59/60Mhz)
I used to think the white background on webpages such as this one for example were white, the thing is when you see webpages on this thing then you really will know what white is. Superb range of resolutions for gaming and no lag at all. Got a proper gfx card? Get one of these. I spent ages deciding and it's superb knowing that being fussy was worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars What's not to like?, 22 May 2014
M. A. Eccles (York England) - See all my reviews
I was originally after a 27-29" monitor, but the price hike is massive for a quality monitor in that range. This is an affordable, excellent and very versatile monitor, and I'm happy with the compromise I made.

I have my PC plugged via dvi, both Xbox 360 and Xbone plugged in via hdmi slots, and there's stll the vga available if needed, so no cable swapping required.

I haven't really fiddled with the varied settings, apart from using the many pre sets dependant on what I'm doing, but they are all good, great for my aging eyes.

No eye strain after prolonged viewing or gaming sessions, and the lack of any flickering (I'm very sensitive to it), is great too.

I've now mounted the monitor on the wall, but the stand was very sturdy, though height adjustment would have been nice.

The speakers are adequate for basic use, but are now redundant as my surround sound has taken over.

Utoob has a few helpful setup clips from people who seem to know their stuff, and if this monitor is good enough for pro gamers, it's good enough for a ropey old git like me.

Worth a punt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 13 Dec 2013
I did lot of research for a perfect monitor for gaming and I think I found it! It is just brilliant! Quality of image is not the best, but you are buying this monitor for it's response time. I am using this with my console and I had no problems so far. And talking about the size, it's right about what I need - not too big, not too small. Very nice monitor. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars So happy, 29 Jan 2014
Good monitor for a good prize!
I love it and it has so good resulution, finnaly Ican use my graphics car fully

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good monitor, 16 July 2014
Setting up the monitor is really good. It can be adjusted so it is pointing up, down or straight or portrait so you can pretty much set it up however you want. Out of the box you are going to want to go into the settings and find the right one for you. It looked horrible to me at first, so I went in, changed the display mode to sRGB and turned the brightness up and it looked much better.

One thing I don't like is the way half the settings are inaccessible depending on the display mode. For example, I want to make use of the black equalizer but to do that I have to switch to another (worse) picture mode.

Speaking of the black equalizer, it's quite a useful tool, but only because the monitor creates the problem in the first place. My old monitor's blacks were not very black, but as a result I could see things in the black areas. This monitor's blacks are much more blacker, so they give you the option of making blacks worse so you can see things in them. To decide whether this feature is worth consideration you just have to decide: Picture quality or competitive advantage?

Another good thing is that you can set certain quick access settings so you don't have to go through the full menu system to get to it; very useful for me as I change the brightness a lot due to using it in direct sunlight sometimes and darkness sometimes.

This brings me onto the brightness. It's really good. Not quite as bright as my laptop screen, but that's because my laptop is crazy bright. This screen is also really bright and can be used in direct sunlight partly due to the brightness and partly due to the matte finish. When it's dark you can turn it right down quickly and easily.

Picture quality is really good. I've never used an IPS display, so I can't comment on how good it is in comparison to those, but I can say the blacks, contrast and general quality is a large improvement over my 2009 Samsung monitor which was more washed out, dimmer and less vibrant than this. I would expect IPS displays are better for this, however you then lose the 144Hz which is this monitor's biggest selling point.

The refresh rate, I love it. Ever since I realised my laptop had a 120Hz screen I could no longer accept 60Hz on my desktop, so I had to get this monitor. Everything just looks smoother and it's especially noticeable in fast moving moments of a game, for example a replay of your car flashing past or spinning around to shoot someone behind. It also reduces the amount of input lag which is especially noticeable on the racing sims I play.

Yes I would recommend this monitor, it's really good, but I'm in two minds as to whether I should have waited a bit longer to see if a 120Hz IPS monitor or a 120Hz 4K (can my computer even do that?) monitor was to come available, but hey, the longer it is until one comes out the better a decision it was to just get this monitor now.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING! Perfect for games like Call of Duty, 2 Aug 2013
I just received this monitor today and all i can say is "wow". The picture is just amazing, and to start with you can definitely feel the response time difference between an larger TV (which i was previously using) and this monitor. I would recommend this monitor to anyone who likes to play games on a competitive level, as this monitor will definitely give you the things required to take your game one step further and will give you the edge over all other players.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Monitor - Although a few things need to be changed, 31 Aug 2014
I bought this monitor used, from Amazon because it was 50 off and only the packaging was damaged (It wasn't even damaged when it arrived) and so far I'm absolutely loving it, it's AMAZING in fact, probably one of the best I've had. Although I love it so much, there are a few things that need changing and some things you need to be weary about when buying this monitor.

I'll sort it out though pros and cons below.

Pros:
- Amazingly sharp display
- Brilliant viewing angles
- Size is spot on, perfect for the gamer
- Monitor looks amazing, really like the red strips on the base.
- Monitor is relatively thin, this may be troublesome for some webcameras but overall makes the look brilliant.
- Buttons are really nice and the menu is perfect!

Cons:
- Speakers are dreadful, get a decent speaker set or some headphones
- The default display setting (RTS 1) is dreadful for computers, change it to standard (or sRGB) if you're planning to use it for a PC

Even though these points may hinder your thought a little bit. It was by far one of the greatest monitors I've had and I would recommend to anyone without a second thought.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good monitor, bad customer support., 28 July 2014
Pros:
• Easy to set up
• Attractive
• Great resolution and response time
Cons:
• Price
• Buttons on the side of the monitor can be awkward
• BenQ customer service

I had the monitor only for a couple of days until I had noticed a dead pixel near the right of the centre of the screen. I figured if would be okay as every company gets faulty items and I would just be able to return it and get a new one. Nope. I contacted BenQ and the first time, they hadn't replied. After waiting a week and a half, I contacted them again and this time they replied and claimed that the dead pixel I had described was not in their policy for replacing (either 3 in a row on anywhere but the centre or 1 in the centre) and they refused to replace it. At this point, I had to rely on Amazon with their fantastic customer service and they posted another monitor when they received the broken one the next day. It's been matter of weeks and it seems okay so overall it's a good monitor minus the price.