5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Monitor
I give this screen 5 stars because im coming from an old LG Monitor with just a vga input which was pretty good about 5 years ago.
Now I have a good pc setup this monitor just tops it all off for me now, such a happy person right now lol
Published 7 months ago by Cory Thomas

3.0 out of 5 stars Great image... but unreliable
First, I'll start with the positives:

Arrived quickly and well packaged, with no damage or dead pixels.

Published 4 months ago by George

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Monitor, 30 Dec 2013
This review is from: BenQ RL2455HM 24-inch 1080p Full HD LED Monitor (Accessory)
the quality of everything is so good, screen quality is sharp and crystal clear. Response time is brilliant too I noticed it straight away in battlefield campaign and I also like the buttons on the side to change screen profiles etc. good job benq will buy from this company again without a doubt.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great image... but unreliable, 23 April 2014
First, I'll start with the positives:

Arrived quickly and well packaged, with no damage or dead pixels.

Out of the box the preset picture settings are indeed awful, the contrast in all of them is too high and therefore the picture quality is degraded. However after fiddling around with the standard preset for a couple of minutes (Brightness = 35, Contrast = 33, as well as setting the HDMI range to full), I found an optimal display setting for PC gaming, with vivid colours and an excellent response time, which can make a huge difference in FPS games such as Battlefield 4.

Overall, I was impressed with the BenQ RL2455HM picture quality. You get a respectable monitor for a great price, which can hold its own against more expensive options, whilst still delivering a great visual experience for high definition games and movies alike.

Now the negatives:

Less than two days after using the monitor, it developed a dead pixel, so I sent it back. However, the replacement I received ALSO developed a dead pixel soon after first using it so I had to send it back and bought an ASUS VX239H instead. For this common fault alone, I would not recommend this product, which is a shame because the image quality is great. However, if you are the kind of person that can live with dead pixels on the screen, then it may be worth a shot considering the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, wish i purchased sooner, 29 Mar 2014
Overall this monitor exceeded most of my expectations as i was a non believer that 120hz made any difference to gameplay. This monitor has made playing games far more enjoyable as i can play more hours on end without being tired. Not having Motion Blur has made this monitor amazing to play on, much much better than my old one. So are there any bad points, well there are but they have no impact on the game as for me the colours really were lacking, however if you have a Nvidia card you can turn vibrancy all the way up to 100% and immediately there is a huge difference. Also you will need to tweak the settings as they do make for better colours. I would have liked for a much better yellow, however i cant complain as this has been a excellent upgrade. If however you were looking for a gaming monitor but you wanted editing, or to view movies i might suggest you have a second mmonitor for that as the quality of videos is good but there is a noticeable difference after a few minutes but this was purely for gaming so i am happy with my purchase, and hopefully it will last me a few years like my old one :) (no hickups so far)

5.0 out of 5 stars So happy, 29 Jan 2014
Good monitor for a good prize!
I love it and it has so good resulution, finnaly Ican use my graphics car fully

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 13 Dec 2013
I did lot of research for a perfect monitor for gaming and I think I found it! It is just brilliant! Quality of image is not the best, but you are buying this monitor for it's response time. I am using this with my console and I had no problems so far. And talking about the size, it's right about what I need - not too big, not too small. Very nice monitor. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good monitor, 16 July 2014
Setting up the monitor is really good. It can be adjusted so it is pointing up, down or straight or portrait so you can pretty much set it up however you want. Out of the box you are going to want to go into the settings and find the right one for you. It looked horrible to me at first, so I went in, changed the display mode to sRGB and turned the brightness up and it looked much better.

One thing I don't like is the way half the settings are inaccessible depending on the display mode. For example, I want to make use of the black equalizer but to do that I have to switch to another (worse) picture mode.

Speaking of the black equalizer, it's quite a useful tool, but only because the monitor creates the problem in the first place. My old monitor's blacks were not very black, but as a result I could see things in the black areas. This monitor's blacks are much more blacker, so they give you the option of making blacks worse so you can see things in them. To decide whether this feature is worth consideration you just have to decide: Picture quality or competitive advantage?

Another good thing is that you can set certain quick access settings so you don't have to go through the full menu system to get to it; very useful for me as I change the brightness a lot due to using it in direct sunlight sometimes and darkness sometimes.

This brings me onto the brightness. It's really good. Not quite as bright as my laptop screen, but that's because my laptop is crazy bright. This screen is also really bright and can be used in direct sunlight partly due to the brightness and partly due to the matte finish. When it's dark you can turn it right down quickly and easily.

Picture quality is really good. I've never used an IPS display, so I can't comment on how good it is in comparison to those, but I can say the blacks, contrast and general quality is a large improvement over my 2009 Samsung monitor which was more washed out, dimmer and less vibrant than this. I would expect IPS displays are better for this, however you then lose the 144Hz which is this monitor's biggest selling point.

The refresh rate, I love it. Ever since I realised my laptop had a 120Hz screen I could no longer accept 60Hz on my desktop, so I had to get this monitor. Everything just looks smoother and it's especially noticeable in fast moving moments of a game, for example a replay of your car flashing past or spinning around to shoot someone behind. It also reduces the amount of input lag which is especially noticeable on the racing sims I play.

Yes I would recommend this monitor, it's really good, but I'm in two minds as to whether I should have waited a bit longer to see if a 120Hz IPS monitor or a 120Hz 4K (can my computer even do that?) monitor was to come available, but hey, the longer it is until one comes out the better a decision it was to just get this monitor now.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING! Perfect for games like Call of Duty, 2 Aug 2013
I just received this monitor today and all i can say is "wow". The picture is just amazing, and to start with you can definitely feel the response time difference between an larger TV (which i was previously using) and this monitor. I would recommend this monitor to anyone who likes to play games on a competitive level, as this monitor will definitely give you the things required to take your game one step further and will give you the edge over all other players.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good monitor, bad customer support., 28 July 2014
I bought this monitor a little while back when upgrading from a TV. First off, the monitor was fantastic.
Pros:
• Easy to set up
• Attractive
• Great resolution and response time
Cons:
• Price
• Buttons on the side of the monitor can be awkward
• BenQ customer service

I had the monitor only for a couple of days until I had noticed a dead pixel near the right of the centre of the screen. I figured if would be okay as every company gets faulty items and I would just be able to return it and get a new one. Nope. I contacted BenQ and the first time, they hadn't replied. After waiting a week and a half, I contacted them again and this time they replied and claimed that the dead pixel I had described was not in their policy for replacing (either 3 in a row on anywhere but the centre or 1 in the centre) and they refused to replace it. At this point, I had to rely on Amazon with their fantastic customer service and they posted another monitor when they received the broken one the next day. It's been matter of weeks and it seems okay so overall it's a good monitor minus the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Gaming Monitor to your ps4, 1 Feb 2014
Ok , i've bought this monitor to replace and old sony monitor that i had ,i bought the ps4 so i thought it was the right time to replace the monitor as well, to take the full benefit of the ps4.
The Image quality is good , not as good as an IPS panel, but i bought this for console gaming not image editing so no complaints there
My old monitor had 8ms response time ,I play a lot of fps , excepecialy cod and bf ,i am not gonna say that 1ms made a huge diference in my gameplay , although the first time i played cod with this monitor i had to lower my sensitivity becouse i felt that the game was responding faster i don't know if that was due to the fact that i didn't play cod for about a week and was playing other games such as fifa.As for my ingame stats in cod well they've been improving but i've been also playing more ,My accuracy is @ 25,54 and my Kd in tdm is 3.01 , maybe the monitor is helping me a bit ,i've never went pass 2.60 kd in any cod.But to me if you really want to improve your gameplay a good Internet conection and a good headset make a way bigger difference , then you can going in details like a 1 or 2ms monitor, a scuff controller , kontroll freeks this sort of things.
In other games ,sometimes i get like a colour ghosting in some objects and edges, like in AC IV , but i just turn the AMA(if turned off monitor goes to 5ms response time) off and it's fine.
As for the monitor itself, it looks sturdy , it's easy to assemble ,for the price i think it 's a great gaming monitor for consoles.

5.0 out of 5 stars First person shooters, 9 May 2014
Summary

Excellent Delivery

Easy installation

Exceptional performance for first person shooters

I am 33 and have been pc gaming for since 1999, have always had high end gaming rigs and peripherals and very rarely leave reviews. To my embarrassment though I did not realise the impact that a high quality monitor would have on my experience. Have no illusions this monitor has not been designed for anything other than gaming and this review is for the gamers who are wondering if they should upgrade low refresh rate monitor to this one.

In my opinion if you are running a low refresh rate LCD like I was, you are at a serious disadvantage. There are many reasons why I like this monitor but the one element that stands out is the lack of input lag compared to my old 75hz monitor. I was sceptical about the term "input lag" but can safely say that It is not a gimmick and makes a huge difference.

I also took note of firmware issues before buying and can safely say that I had none what so ever.

Would I recommend this product - without a shadow of a doubt.