on 31 December 2013
I just love my new watch,had to wait a few days before I could wear it as it needed 4 bits taken out the braclet but now I have it on its fab ,other reviews said it was too heavy and yes its a heavy watch but feels great ,at the moment it is keeping good time and I cant get over the size of the box it came in it is massive ,would recommend to anyone ,
on 27 November 2013
These watches are only worth £50-60 at the most! Cheap Chinese movement, cheap Chinese manufacture.
I purchased one a while back as a gift for someone (from another proper online company, just not Amazon), but having seen this on todays Black Friday lightning deals I thought I'd better warn people of Amazon's disgraceful tactics here.

This is not a real name brand, like many others than come from China these days. They stick a fancy European sounding name on it, make up an outrageous RRP, and try to fool you into thinking your getting a high quality watch for a low price when they sell it 75% off (which often still works out at £80-100+). I fell for this trick, but never again!

Looking at some forums it appears I'm certainly not the only person that had issues with them.

It's fairly well finished, and does look nice (as long as you don't look too closely). But the automatic movement, the most important part of the watch, is junk. It had issues keeping time after just a few Months (and I expect a watch in this price range to work for years without issues).

Google these things for yourself before buying, other etailers have lots of Stuhrling watches for £50-60. And only other place you'll find is on ebay, where more con men try to pass them of has high quality watches. Surely if this was a genuine quality item, many high street stores and jewellers would sell them?

Spend the money on one of the cheaper known brands, even the likes of Sekonda are better than these things.
1212 comments|62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 January 2014
My 19 year old daughter wanted a watch for Xmas. Despite her describing the type of watch she would like I found it incredibly difficult to make a choice..., they were all so similar ! I saw this one and decided straight away to get it as it was so different and quirky, also the price was good, (on Amazon flash deal) I'm not convinced it's worth the stated RRP but it's definately worth what I paid. My daughter was amazed at the watch and loved it straight away she gets lots of compliments about it and she likes that no one she knows has a similar one. It's early days but so far it's keeping good time and hopefully this will continue. Very pleased with this particular purchase.
on 4 February 2014
my wife love it!!! enough said.... but as I have to write more words for the review here it go... good quality case/strap and really looks like a jewel...the dial is flawless and the swarovski crystals are a plus...movement is good and the watch comes in a very fancy and good quality box...gorgeous gift, she will love it!!!
on 23 April 2014
Bought the watch on a bit of a whim, but so pleased I did.
It has a wind up mechanism - which does need winding regularly, but it is just lovely thing to look at both front and back.
It is quite a large watch and so would suit men and women (with larger hands).
Love it.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 28 February 2014
The distinctive clockwork inner section has a very Victorian or Steampunk feel to it.
The diamond surround is an elegant touch, especially in the evenings.
The face is large for a ladies watch.

This black watch is more for going out.. as it makes a real statement.

If you like distinctive Artistic style, you'll love this.

**Update June 2014.
I wear it everyday and it's simply beautiful - I adore this watch.
on 30 January 2014
I absolutely love this watch so after working very hard ont he lead up to Christmas I treated myself when it came on on a lightening deal. The watch is fab, I love the self winding feature (it keeps going from your movements) and it keeps perfect time.
However!! I am really peeved that affter apparently saving £200 on a lightening deal the watch is now advertised at a much lower price as standard!
Moral of the story...wait, shop around and dont EVER buy on a lighten deal, they are just a complete lie!
on 23 January 2014
Lovely stylish watch... I wear it every day since I got it early Jan.... It looks good, packaging is amazing but that aside it has yet to "fail" me as other reviews have pointed out... Something tells me this is a good one & is a great sturdy watch that I hope I get plenty "time" with ;-))
on 31 January 2014
I bought this watch going on the other reviews - it seemed like a good deal / and today it arrived. I have to say it looks great,it doesn't have any obvious fake bits and it certainty don't look like a dud. It's heavy and stunning to look at.
I googled the Stuhrling website - it's listed there and yes looks the same. I cannot find one detail that doesn't correspond. It comes in a lovely a Stuhrling box with papers and guarantee.
Well I'm keeping this watch and if you like the look of it - buy one ! If you don't like it or think it's fake then return it, but you won't be disappointed.
on 17 January 2014
I bought this watch to my wife and she really loves it.
Everything is working perfect and looks amazing.

Recommended!