on 29 September 2013
I downloaded a number of free tracks from the MP3 store the other evening and thought this was something that might be of interest. However I certainty would not have paid £7.99 for 4 tracks!

It now seems I have been billed but I cannot find any ways to contact Amazon about the error. Also there a re a number of supposed "free" mini-EPs like this one was originally advertised that cannot be accessed, including one from Franz Ferdinand. It seems the link is broken. I can therefore only assume that when I purchased the Gabrielle Aplin EP, that it directed me to the wrong product for which I have been charged.

The "new improved" one-click pay for MP3 files is not (as advertised) any sort of improvement. It is less convenient because you have to make each purchase separately rather than putting it all into your basket (along with physical goods) and confirming one purchase. It also does not give you the option to review your purchases before buying. Please can we have the old system back?

Any while you were at it, can I please have my £7.99 back?
on 8 May 2013
Never heard of Gabrielle before seeing this free EP. What have I been missing? Just love it! Will be buying the album for sure.
All in all I am pleased with this promo, of tracks recorded live at Koko. Although I have heard of Gabrielle Aplin I must admit that I had only ever heard one track by her before, so it was nice to hear more of her voice.

With a distinctive voice I love the way that the actual instrumentation is stripped back and the vocals are kept simple, no trying to do gymnastics with them here. I should think that this will soon be priced, so make the most of it and get this whilst this remains free.
on 13 May 2013
As a free sample this is good. A great intro to her work live. (here are the six more words required)
on 5 May 2013
Great sounding live EP from Gabrielle Aplin, who can clearly put on a good show (you can hear an enthusiastic crowd at Koko on this recording). Stanger side has a nice country shuffle rhythm to it, while How do you feel today starts as a modern acoustic piece before expanding to include a soothing violin melody. Go your own way bursts into anti-love ballad backed by a snarling country telecaster, that takes a good solo. Please don't say you love me rounds it off with piano lead melody and some heart wrenching lyrics about what happens to a relationship when two people aren't on the same page.

This is nice a promo for the new album English Rain, and well worth checking out if you like modern country.
on 29 May 2013
I downloaded this live sampler because I had read about Gabrielle and wanted to find out what she sounded like. I really enjoyed this live CD. A couple of weeks later I noticed that iTunes were playing her studio CD pre-release. I listened to it a couple of times and was really disappointed. The live album has variety and is 'bouncy', the studio CD is flat and many of the tracks are similar. Rather like the early Texas, who were a different band on stage to their studio work, I feel the same applies to Gabrielle. I hope that she can bring more of the feel of her live performances to her studio work.
on 9 May 2013
This is the first time I have been sufficiently blessed to hear the remarkable talents of Gabrielle Aplin. A multi-talented singer-songwriter, who will be amongst the very best of the rest. Think Linda Ronstadt, Judy Collins, Janis Ian and a smidgen of Joni Mitchell and there's still more to come as maturity strikes. Cover versions and original works combine well and there is clearly much more to come. I've taken a sneak preview of her soon to be released album, English Rain, and it lives up to its promise in spades. Buy, buy, buy
on 16 May 2013
Superb performance and recording - love it. I played this on a proper Hi-Fi and Gabrielle's voice has an unusual warm tone to it. Each track is different and she was very brave to take on a Fleetwood Mac track - but both her performance and the band's are excellent. We need more artists like her, to give us a change from soul and R&B - back to folk & rock roots. My only complaint is that I can't download a lossless format version of Live at Koko. Looking forward listening to Gabrielle's album which is on its way to me.
on 28 June 2013
Gabrielle Aplin is a fantastic new talent and what she releases is good/great. Her new album is well worth a purchase and a listen, very relaxing.
on 30 November 2013
I downloaded this mini album while it was free, but I must say that I would definitely pay for it.

I wasn't sure how her songs and voice would sound live but was very pleased to find they still sound lovely. This collection of songs is like a breath of fresh air. High quality recordings that sound absolutely beautiful. Something to sit back and have a cup of tea to.