4.0 out of 5 stars Call of Duty Ghosts Review!
Published 4 months ago by MrE

3.0 out of 5 stars the squads vs squads its the best mode on cod ghost
Published 1 month ago by Ernesto

4.0 out of 5 stars Call of Duty Ghosts Review!, 22 Jun 2014
MrE (E Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Graphically it's pretty impressive and stands up quite well compared to the xbox one version which i use to own although it's nothing to set the world alight (i sold my xbox one version and got the 360 version as a friend was getting it too). It has a pretty decent and involving campaign, perhaps the best Activision have created in years and the multiplayer side is as you would expect if you've played any of the past 5 outings.

Aside from different weapons and load-outs available the game closely resembles the gameplay mechanic of Black Ops although i do prefer the map design in this game and just from a personal perspective i would say the game seems to be more stable online with fewer disconnects and lag issues. As others have said, Squads and Extinction mode seem like an afterthought and don't contribute anything to the game, essentially you have the single player campaign which for me lasted around 7 hours but naturally it's the multiplayer where most of your time will be spent. I must be honest and say i have had issues with hit detection in the odd game every now and then and indeed spawn dying which does need addressing but aside from that it's broadly a success with very few issues!

Verdict: it's a good solid shooter game and online is as fun as ever but this time it has a decent campaign which is actually worth playing. If you're new to Call of Duty then this is a worthy game to get and the same can be said if you currently have one of the previous black ops games. If you're someone like me that is lucky enough to own both an xbox 360 and Xbox One console then it's my recommendation to get the 360 version of Ghosts, as on a pro rata basis i would say it's slightly better value for money. The 360 version runs very smooth with lots of players online!

The Best Call of Duty for a good few years!!

3.0 out of 5 stars the squads vs squads its the best mode on cod ghost, 11 Sep 2014
This review is from: Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
the squads vs squads its the best mode on cod ghost , its fun and i think is the first game ever have the squads mode, with squads there's not camping ,or hiding , its a lots of fun , because if you don't fight along with your squads they will died and you loose ....the only problem on ghost ,they should update the guns regularly , they only cares about the camos and retines of the sights ,and the important on every game its the guns , i love the looks of the vector , but its very bad with re-coils ,and ranges , the guns models are very old , compared with the guns on this days , the future models weapons are on ..so please design a few for this game , the more guns ,more people will play , and more money will go thru your company ..(activision ) ...like the ripper i love it , but nobody's uses with the sight on , only with the submachine gun mode because the sight on this gun sucks , its shine on the bright, don't let you see clearly when shooting at the enemy , i will like the ripper separate and without sight , so i could put one on my own..thanks ..i'm a customer number 1 fan for ghost gameplay ..., but not for the weapons

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome after two dead beat games, 2 Sep 2014
This review is from: Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
This , compared to Modern warfare 3 and yuk black ops 2 is very good in my view !!! I can only talk about single player , so I may not have the full picture on the first two mentioned titles . This game is set in the future of a changed world with a shift in power which if you follow even msnbc and BBC you can see is happening . You fight as a small team of like revolutionary operators to bring down the occupation of the Russians in USA , which is fantastic to me .Drone dog attacks are also included , so new and better stuff . The weapons are fantastic with the use of say scars and sniper rifles , and fantastic performing sigs and M9S . I have faith in the COD franchise again as I feel they were getting lazy and liberal in their games , so I will buy COD advanced warfighter later this year.Oh one thing I don`t get how they can say we`r the underdogs with the advanced systems we have to bring down the Eastern invaders -remote snipers , drone dogs , other drones and fantastic assault rifles , better than previously .I get that it`s in the future , but all the same .

3.0 out of 5 stars Initially Exciting, Quickly Frustrating, 11 Nov 2013
R. Mullaney (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Having not bought Black Ops 2 on the basis that I didnt like Black Ops, I've been waiting two years for a new Call Of Duty game. Actually, make that four years since I was truly satisfied with a CoD title (MW2). I understand that developers have a tough job raising the bar with each subsequent release because if they keep it too similar, gamers will criticize them for not moving the franchise forward yet if they make radical changes, gamers will moan they liked things better before. You need to strike the right balance of not trying to fix something that works fine already and introducing new innovations. That said, CoD: Ghosts for me has not achieved these objectives.

I'll try to review Ghosts objectively even though I can't make comparisons to Black Ops 2 like other reviewers have.

Campaign

When I first played on the launch day, the servers were down so I played the campaign a bit. My first thoughts were positive ones. The story is cool and the action visually cinematic. The gameplay is varied between running and gunning, stealth missions, piloting an Apache and even remotely controlling Riley the dog which is lots of fun. That said, after a couple of hours in, I have no real urge to play again. Something is missing and I think it's a problem I have identified with CoD before, it's just too structured. There is no scope for completing missions different ways or using any initiative whatsoever. You are told which way to walk, when to press x and when to breach a door. If you don't follow the on screen instructions you die. This style of gameplay, no matter how cool it looks, bores me. It's too easy.

Squads

I haven't managed to catch any mates online yet so I had a go at the squad feature solo. I opted to play the equivalent of survival mode where you defend against waves of CG attackers. I really enjoyed this feature on MW3 and still play it from time to time. The Ghosts version is far inferior. Every attacking player is an exact copy of the last. It's as if they were designed at the last minute. They move awkwardly and the graphics are poor. I was bored within minutes.

Extinction

Infinity Ward obviously realised the popularity of Treyach's zombie mode and tried to do something similar except with alien things. You basically have to move a drill around and plant it on each alien hive you find and then defend it against waves of attack until it has finished it's job. You earn money for each kill and can buy more weapons. It quickly becomes tiresome.

Multiplayer

The main reason we all buy CoD games. Multiplayer is the reason we clock up countless hour of gaming time and are still playing it years after the release. It is the reason we invest again in DLC and add-ons. It needs to be right. The Ghosts multiplayer is an extremely frustrating experience. The maps are huge. My favourite map on MW2 was wasteland so I'm not averse to big maps but there are no small or medium sized ones. It can be two minutes before you engage an enemy however, the minute you spawn you are shot dead. I counted 1-3 enemies in my field of vision with most spawns. I'm not a dreadful player but I'm struggling to get a 5 kill streak with Ghosts. The guns are simply too overpowered. You never get the red screen and chance to take cover, you just die every time you're hit. The maps have vast lines of fire so you can get shot from the other side of the map and not have a clue who did it. Every spot on the map is approachable or visible from multiple directions so it's not even possible to dig in and snipe for more than a few seconds. They are probably trying to eliminate camping but it just means aimless wandering until you get killed from a mile away with a pistol.

The perks and killstreaks seem pretty poor. You have to unlock them by spending points but you rank up really slowly so most stuff remains locked for ages. UAV is replaced with a satcom which is basically the same thing except you place it on the ground and within seconds it's been destroyed. Waste of a slot. The dog can get kills for you but is usually shot straight away. If you try and hide it stands looking gormless attracting enemies to your position. The juggernaut maniac is fun but a nightmare to play against. The predator is replaced with 3 missiles so not much more innovative really and I havent managed to get much else yet. You can gain a care package by completing little mini challenges hidden in a blue briefcase but try landing the crate without being shot from the other side of the map.

Some of these gripes may dissipate as we all get used to the maps but I urge the developers to release maps that cater to different playing styles in future. I'm already getting fed up of these.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent, Not Amazing., 11 Nov 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Every year you look forward to the new Call Of Duty game, waiting in anticipation for it to come out and hoping you really enjoy it.

The question is, will you enjoy it?

Single Player

I've played every single player in the call of duty series with some impressing me like the MW1/2 and black ops 1 and some being terrible in my eyes like the MW3/BO2 and this campaign tends to fall in the impressive category.

Although it falls into the same type of missions you get in all the other call of duty games, this is the bread and butter of the game. As long as they nail these missions and give you something else to do, people tend to be happy with it.
I found myself guessing what was going to happen next with alot of success so if you have played other call of duty games, you will know what is going to happen in advance.

To summarize the campaign mode up, it was a really enjoyable story mode and one I'll probably complete again at some point.

8/10 for the campaign for me.

The Multiplayer

The reason the majority of call of duty fans buy the game.

Everyone will have there own favorite call of duty Multiplayer and unfortunately they will always compare the next installment to that one. I'm not different half of the time, black ops 1 was my favorite and I always find myself comparing it to that since it captured my interest the most and easily spent the most time playing that one.

Guns

I find myself slightly disappointed with the guns, although there is like 6 categories, I find the choice limited and only like probably 20% of the guns themselves which I was hoping for more.

Perks/Tacticals/Lethals

The perks are probably one of the better things about Call of Duty Ghosts. With 35ish perks and the 10 point system it allows you to customize your own style brilliantly offering a wide variety for all the different type of players. The run and gunners, Snipers, Shotguns.

The grenades I find to be very poor on this. On most other call of duty games, I could throw grenades with relative success, however on this one, I haven't got a single grenade kill and I have prestiged my first squad member. The I.E.D Mine seems like a slightly worse version of a Betty/Claymore

Maps

I like about 50%. Most of the maps tend to be too big for my liking. I've always prefered the smaller/medium maps. With Large maps in my opinion being a flop most of the time. The only big map I've ever liked is Wastelands. The best maps for me without doubt are Call of Duty 4:Modern Warfare. I thought they were that good, if they decided to update the graphics of it, I would buy the game over again and start the prestige system all over again.

Ranking up

Yet again, I don't like it. Basically you have to take 10 squad members and get them all to level 60. Every time you get on to level 60, you get a new prestige badge. Now that system for me, isn't exactly bad. However, leveling up seems to take a pretty long time. Most previous games keeps you leveling up at a decent speed until around the level 40 mark, when they then start to go up at a decent pace. With this, I find myself sat at level 20 thinking to myself, this is taking a pretty long time.

But then again, I prefer fast prestige at a low level and plenty of them, like the black ops 1 series but that doesn't mean you won't like this system, everyone will make there own mind up.

Overall, it is a pretty good effort from Infinity Ward with Ghosts and the positive thing for me is that they have a single player I like after really not like the MW3 effort.

However, the Multiplayer isn't bad but it really can be improved upon in my eyes.

The game was worth buying for the Campaign though.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hide & Seek, 5 Feb 2014
This review is from: Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
If you like hiding in a bush, on a box, on a roof etc for 10 minutes in a virtual world this game might be just what your after. This is arguably the very best First Person Hiding game on the market. Infinity Ward have supplied all the tools for you to enjoy your ideal "leave me alone to sit in a corner for 10 minutes" experience you could ever have hoped for, the only thing missing is the Camping Stove but hopefully this will come in some sort of DLC in the near future. Goodbye Call of Duty.. After 80hrs of this I'm well and truly soul destroyed..

3.0 out of 5 stars Campaign too short!, 11 Aug 2014
Christopher Stokes (united kingdom west midlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I love call of duty and I have done ever since call of duty 3, I have bought every game every year since that one, and this is the latest one for me to buy and play, but I must say. It is most definately not the best, it probably took me a little less than 12 hours to play and the story felt really short, the ending also seemed rushed and not much really happened, I was expecting a lot more from this and I hope the next in the series is a an improvement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 July 2014
Great item well recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 13 July 2014
Perfect

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 July 2014
Great game

Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox 360)
Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox 360) by Activision (Xbox 360)