5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Stars
Good Game Received promptly
Published 9 days ago by BThom

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful!
I bought this game purely for the multi-player mode, which is generally great in Call of Duty games, however I have been left bitterly disappointed with it. Problems are as follows:

(1) There are far too many players using wallhack and aimbot cheats. I know this is common in most multi-player games, but it is particularly bad in this game when you are...
Published 8 months ago by memorygraphic

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Borderline fraud product!, 1 Dec 2013
Damir Cilovic (DK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Call of Duty: Ghosts (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Call of Duty Ghosts on PC is the definition of a broken, unoptimized product. The effort by the developers to make this play properly on a modern PC has been abysmal. Games that look twice as good run much better, heck the game runs great on 8-year-old consoles, but a high end PC from 2013 cannot sustain 60 FPS not even on the lowest settings! Did they even test this before release? I could have run an XBOX 360 emulator on my 1500+ dollar PC and get better performance.

At all cost stay away from the PC version, Activi$ion and Infinity Ward have shown just how much they care for the platform.

A complete and utter waste of money!

1.0 out of 5 stars Time COD wa stopped now., 20 Feb 2014
Mr. Daniel J. Roebuck "Roadbloc HD" (West Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Call of Duty: Ghosts (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
This franchise has stagnated enough. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare was probably the best COD ever made. Since then the franchise has been milked and dumbed down to high heaven. COD:Ghosts is a pitifully weak attempt, insultingly short single player, samey multiplayer and horribly clichéd and unrealistic plot.

Apocalyptically bad.

1.0 out of 5 stars worst game ever, 29 Jan 2014
This review is from: Call of Duty: Ghosts (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
worst game ive ever played in my life the ram itself trolled me as i noly have 4gb of ram and when i got the game it wouldnt let me play unless i have 6gb which it rubbish!!! because i dont want to go and spend an extra 40 quid on ram

1.0 out of 5 stars The day Call of Duty died., 10 Jan 2014
Wow, just wow.

I must admit, this is the first game that has been such a horrendous disappointment to me that I've felt I had to write a review online. I should start off by saying that I'm a huge fan of the Modern Warfare series, especially in comparison to Black ops. For me, infinity ward edged Treyarch in just about every game they made. Frankly, the number of hours I spent of Modern Warfare 2 is approaching embarrassing. But despite all this, infinity ward have seriously dropped the ball here.

Even with a high end graphics card and strong all around system, one will inevitably spend a significant proportion of ones gaming time trying to get the game to actually function without crashing to desktop every 30 minutes. The game is positively riddled with glitches and errors that just haven't been fixed, mainly in audio sections in the singleplayer mode but in some sections of multiplayer as well.

If one can somehow surpass the minefield of technical errors one will still find much to be desired. The story mode is woefully short. I should make allowances for my experience with CoD games but even so, a story mode that can be completed in 5 hours flat is not acceptable in any situation.

It's especially disappointing when the story that one does get is so poor. There is essentially no character development, the characters generally may as well be called Marine number 2, 3 and 4 for all the connection one makes with them. It's predictable and cliched throughout, and the ending is frankly ridiculous. The easiest and most appropriate descriptor for the story: Boring. The one saving grace is that it doesn't take very long to finish.

The gameplay is fine, once it works. If one enjoyed the MW series game engines then you're in luck, they've been re-packaged and re-branded and sent right on back out. Theres nothing new in the design, but then there was nothing wrong with the previous engines, one might have just not bothered with the big advertising push saying it was revolutionary.

I've been waiting and praying for something as good as Modern Warfare 2 for some time, yet it appears now that that is most certainly not going to happen, the franchise has become a money-making exercise and the only thing that keeps these games selling now is the "Call of Duty" stuck on the front cover. These games are beginning to resemble an underachieving child trying desperately to sell itself upon the success of it's forebears.

Generally I would say one should buy the game and try it out for themselves but in this case I cannot stress my point of view enough:

I beg, beseech and implore anyone reading this, DO NOT buy this game.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible for PC, 7 Jan 2014
This review is from: Call of Duty: Ghosts (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
It's simply horrible for PC, I'd go in detail and write a massive review but I just dont want to spend my time doing that, not for this game.
Even with great systems, it lags, and in the end it's simply unplayable. Even after updates on the GPU manufac. side, the patches from the game itself did not make much of a difference either.

I'd play this on console, without a doubt.. but not on pc, never again.

1.0 out of 5 stars It may have been good, 3 Jan 2014
This review is from: Call of Duty: Ghosts (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
But I will never know. It was bought for me as a present; reasoning of buyer goes a little like this..... He owns a high end PC, he likes shooters, he has always enjoyed COD, so I'll get him this. WRONG, this will only play on a 64bit OS and one with 6GB of RAM at that! So, me and a few million others are barred unless we want to reformat our drives, spend a day reinstalling a 64 Bit OS and all the rest of it, then nip out and buy another stack of RAM. What on earth are Activision etc up to? They have effectively nobbled their customer base before they even get started selling it. I have no idea if it is any good. When I do upgrade my PC, I will get a 64 Bit OS no doubt, this game will be about a fiver and then I'll let you know.

1.0 out of 5 stars No,just no., 27 Dec 2013
This review is from: Call of Duty: Ghosts (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
everyone was complaining about this game,but I gave it a shot.that was a mistake.
singleplayer-stupid remote controlled dog,WTF!
multiplayer-cheater,cheater,cheater
The game is not optimized at all.BF4 on high details runs smoothly on my machine,but not this game that looks like it was made in 2006.

DON'T BUY THIS!

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst programmed game ever, 15 Dec 2013
This review is from: Call of Duty: Ghosts (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
This definitely was the last part of the COD franchise purchase by me... Never, never again! This is so annoying. Since COD 4 every COD got even more worse...But from now on, withtout me! Cheers.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buggy!!!, 13 Dec 2013
Steven Gallon (Newcastle upon Tyne) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Call of Duty: Ghosts (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Too many bugs keeps causing my system to crash - I googled it and it's an ongoing problem with many people, this wasn't properly beta-tested before release. I did get to play the game (and having to restart the system multiple times) and the solo game I was through in a couple of days of light play, it wasn't even that much fun. Yet to try the multi-player but I'm enjoying Battlefield 4 much more, so sticking with that for a while.
Shame on Activision for releasing an unfinished product and I should have demanded a refund.

1.0 out of 5 stars Call of Duty Ghosts, 13 Dec 2013
This review is from: Call of Duty: Ghosts (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
This game is absolutely rubbish, the graphics are poor and is poorly programmed, the spawns are absolutely stupid e.g if you kill someone they will spawn right behind yoou and the satcom is pointless, the guard dog is over powered(and this is all multiplayer nothing is fun on multiplayer..
The campaign is alright but is just a Fps taker i mean battlefield has better graphics and i can run that game much better!
Extinction mode is boring... nothing else to say.
Do not buy unless you have spare cash floating about.

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›

Call of Duty: Ghosts (PC DVD)
Call of Duty: Ghosts (PC DVD) by Activision (Windows 7 / 8)
17.05