4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent as a Medium DSLR Bag.
Published 6 months ago by Bruce

A tricky review. Is this a good bag? Well yes. For the money and if like some other reviews mentions you're not a label snob, its tremendous. And I like the Orange inner and the features. a little bit funky and stuff stands out

Published 17 days ago by Mr Dominic M Goy

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent as a Medium DSLR Bag., 3 April 2014
Bruce "from Brighton" (UK - England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been using the Vanguard Quovio 41 Professional Photo Video Shoulder Bag - Black and for me this is the "ultimate" DSLR bag, which allows me to get all the gear I need in one bag for a long shoot - with tripod and long lenses. However, there are times when I would just like to take a camera with me and it's not a serious "expedition", but rather a walk in the country or around city streets and this bag is ideal for that purpose.

So I can get a Nikon D7100 and a spare lens as well as small items like batteries, memory cards etc. into this and there is even space for a tablet. I like the way it is fairly compact, but there are quite a few zipped or velcro'd small pouches and this is all very well thought-out for an item at this price-point. Having a black exterior works nicely with Nikon or Canon DSLRs and the interior provides a nice contrast, so you don't lose small items, like lens caps. The interior is soft and padded, so protects your camera well against, for example : scratches on the LCD screens.

I liked the large handle on top and the optional shoulder strap which clips on and feels very secure and comfortable, with its large non-slip pad. In fact, I can't really fault this item, apart from maybe the rubberised logo, which some might not like - but generally it is an unobtrusive and very practical bag, which is ideal for casual photography; where you want to have the camera handy, just in case.

*EDIT* - since writing the above review, I have also had the chance to try the large version of this bag. I was slightly surprised that it is not that much bigger than the medium and it is still not big enough to take long lenses like a 500mm zoom. I do like the zip top and the two clips - it is big enough for 3 small to medium lenses and a DSLR.

I have included 2 photographs under "Customer images" on the product page, which show a side by side comparison of the medium and large bags; as well as showing how a 500mm zoom lens will not even fit in the large bag.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good bag for medium sized bodies, Not full framed with L lenses, 6 Oct 2014
This review is from: AmazonBasics DSLR Gadget Messenger Bag Large with Orange Interior (Camera)

However, and its a big however. Is it large, well I'd say No! And I know I know I should have done some measurements. But its a medium bag. In fact Id actually say small.

I wanted this bag as something that i could put a 5d and 70-200 in, plus a 50 mm or something similar plus flash. Again Im sure lots of rolled eyes there. I wanted something that was easy to dip into for urban opportunistic shots that meant not having to take off a backpack, unzip, take camera out etc etc etc.

So if you have a medium sized canon( sorry not a nikon person so cant comment on sizes), something that is APS rather than full framed lump like the 5d (great camera by the way) and you don't have massive pap wanna be lenses that can club whales to death, then buy this bag, Its cheap, well made, and in another life when i had a 350d and the 75-300 usm, would be ideal as a messenger bag plus room for all your gubbins for a day out and about.

But if you do fit into the other bracket and are looking for something like me then, and i know its 20quid, but its 20 quid you could spend better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gadget bag at a good price, 5 Nov 2013
Amazon Customer (Beverley. England.) - See all my reviews
I purchased this to keep my new DSLR safe, it does the job perfectly.
Being a recent returnee to photography, I remember having a gadget bag with lots of pockets and dividers to keep my filters etc in.
With the new cameras, you don't need all that, however I liked the shape of the bag, so I bought it.
I was not disappointed, it has loads of room for my camera and a spare lens as well as the charger and cable.
The quality of the bag feels very good and the padding is enough without making it look like a marshmallow.
Fast delivery at a good price.
Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value as AmazonBasics products usually are, 22 May 2014
EllyBlue (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
You could pay a lot more for a camera bag than this but I doubt you will find better value for money anywhere. This bag is suitable for my Canon EOS 100D plus a couple of spare lenses either side of it. The internal padding is fleece lined to help to prevent damage to your kit, and I feel that this bag provides adequate protection when out and about. The bag closes with a clip and underneath the flap there is a small zipped pocket and a couple of flap over pockets presumably designed for the storage of memory cards. In front of the main compartment there is a further zipped pocket with two inner mesh compartments for extra bits and bobs. This is a good product. It's a shame that it doesn't have an all weather cover like a similar LowePro bag that I also own but for the price, I think you'll find this hard to beat!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for our needs, 23 April 2014
Amazon Customer "Sussman" (London CA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very good camera bag, and well suited for my very amateur needs. There is good padding - you are able to rearrange the padded interiors to fit your various photo related tech. The bag offers room enough to hold my DSLR and one or two lenses. There is room for a decent sized tablet, mobile phone, chargers and flash cards and batteries. In essence everything you would need for small trip, or similar photo related outing.

My friend and work colleague, who takes his photography to the zenith, has a couple bags that run into three figures, however, my needs are more than adequately covered this bag - so why spend the extra money? For my part this bag is impressive, it's very affordable and it suits my needs. At this price range I find it very hard to fault the bag, and thus recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars camera bag, 28 Nov 2013
Holds two lenses, my Olympus pen camera and all the associated cables and charger plus view finder and flash lights.I would certainly recommend this bag which is very well made and ideal for carrying your camera equipment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the bag, 30 Dec 2013
V. Jones (uk) - See all my reviews
The bag is what it says it is. A good basic bag to hold a slr camera plus space for a lens along with few pockets to hold filters etc. My old bag fell apart in months, this one seems stronger but only time will tell.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good price for entry level DSLR, 17 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a great little gadget bag for use with an entry level (ie smaller) DSLR camera. Comes with movable compartment linings allowing customisation so that the camera is held snugly. This is nice small sized gadget bag. It will protect a camera in a domestic environment, but wouldn't want to use it for more challenging environments. Nice finish. Seems well made.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera kit bag, 26 Mar 2014
John Gardiner "redtigertyke" (England) - See all my reviews
Well made, good size bag. It holds my DSLR + three lenses, a flash gun and various odds and ends. It has replaced a smaller case that pretty much just held the camera and a lens, and a larger bag that contained most of my kit but was too big to carry around casually.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Starter Bag, 16 Mar 2014
As someone fairly new to photography this is perfect, and it is what it says it is, Basic.
Obviously it isn't going to hold several SLRs along with a collection of Tele' lens, but I don't think that is what the 'Basics' are.
Besides the camera and 2 lens I carry several spare batteries and charger, filters, pistol grip, remote cord, several leads, SD cards, and a tablet (though my ipad doesn't fit). Also the 2 extra straps on the front hold my traveling tripod nicely.
I am sure that over time I will be find myself carrying far more items so a bag upgrade will be needed, but for now I am more than happy with this one.