4.0 out of 5 stars Delicious for Doglets!
Published 9 months ago by G. J. Oxley

3.0 out of 5 stars Beef preferred.
My Dogs prefer the beef one. Although this one smells good I find that they leave this one, but not the beef one
Published 4 months ago by Mrs. L. M. Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars Delicious for Doglets!, 16 Nov 2013
G. J. Oxley "Gaz" (Tyne & Wear, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: PRO PLAN Dog Duo Délice Adult Rich in Chicken With Rice, 2.5kg (Misc.)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Although I'm a cat lover, there is a very small, sweet dog of mixed parentage called Jesse who regularly comes in through our cat flap to say hello. My cat, Button, ignores him, but he's a friendly little poochlet who has a penchant for leftover cat food, which he regularly eats at ours. Woe betide him however, if Button's eating and he attempts to pinch a bit: he is sent flying with the swish of a black, feline paw.

Anyway, we've been putting the Pro Plan down for him this past month and it's so cute to see his little tail wagging as he tucks in. And as a bonus, he can eat next to Button as she's thankfully shown no interest in eating Pro Plan.

Nutritious and apparently delicious, this nicely-balanced concoction has gone down a storm with Jesse. I've even recommended it to Stephen and Karen, the couple to whom the little feller belongs.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good..., 28 Aug 2013
Sue C. (Bucks) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My CKC Spaniel is very picky about his food and in particular, about all-in-one dried foods. He turns his nose up at the most expensive brands ! It was interesting, therefore, to read of the 'dual texture' that this food offers. It must smell appetising because my dog was keen to get at his bowl when I put it down, rather than just turning away, as he usually does. He was very tentative with the first couple of mouthfuls, but it must taste good because he then woofed down the whole bowlful.
The food is a mix of crunchy kibbles, with additional shredded pieces, but the vast majority of the bag is kibbles. Also, the shredded pieces are described as 'tender' but actually they are almost as hard as the kibbles. A minor complaint, but slightly misleading if you think you are going to get a softer food. Let's hope my dog continues to enjoy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Golden loves it!, 21 Nov 2013
Fireball Dragon (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have a 6 year old Golden Retriever who is normally a very fussy eater. Having tried a number of brands, he is now well settled with Eukanuba. However, he has taken an immediate liking to Duo Delice, gobbling his food as quickly as when he was a puppy!

The quality of this brand is like no other I have seen. This is a complete dry meal, with soft pieces as well, providing a nice balance. I normally give my Golden Gravy with other dry foods, as he likes his meal to be a little moist. This brand has now provided an alternative.

All-in-all, I am really pleased and will definitely be getting some more packs. 5/5

5.0 out of 5 stars Poppy loves it!, 29 Sep 2013
marcoscu "marcoscu" (Chorley,UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Poppy, our one year old Lakeland/Jack Russell cross, tends to be a bit naughty with her food and often leaves her dinner for hours before eating it. So I was pleased to try this new dry food.

Poppy loves it and cleared her bowl the first few times she has had it. I think I will continue to feed her the other, tinned moist food as well as the Pro Plan Duo so that she has a variety. Unlike many dogs she does seem to relish variety in her dinners.

As other reviewers have pointed out this dry food lends itself well for use as treats and make sure her treat bag has plenty of Pro Plan Duo in it along with her other biscuits and savory delights.

This is a good quality food, not cheap by any means, but worth the price when used alongside other cheaper foods and as training treats.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well my dog loves it!, 28 Sep 2013
SBno1 - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My dog really is a fussy eater and in the past when I changed his food over to a different brand he would pick at it, not eat it or end up with loose stools. When I had the opportunity to try a bag of this food I was reluctant to change his diet and so I decided to try these as treats and rewards. He was very interested in them and took to them very well. I then switched over to them as his sole training treat. Being a fussy dog I was expecting him to get bored with this food as a treat, but he has nearly gone through a full bag and has not turned his nose up to them yet and still noses me for a reward. Previous treats worked OK, but often I wasn't too happy with the ingredients, I prefer to use something like this than some of the pet-supermarket brand treats with some dubious ingredients.

Because they are working as training treats I have no intention of switching over to this brand as his main meal as he will no longer see it as a reward. I always carry a pouch of these and slip him a few nibbles from time to time even when we are not training - it keeps him close to me :)

Whilst I am not taking this up as his main meal, I would still recommend it. My dog hasn't had any reaction to the food, he takes it well and has not had a change in his bowel motions. I would also recommend a bag of this food as a way of reward based training (or maintaining doggy skills) if you are happy with your dogs diet. It also works out a lot cheaper than buying individual packs of treats.

5 stars from me and 5 claws and a paw from my dog.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Boys Love It!, 22 Sep 2013
Nick Huckle "The Sponge" (Somerset, England) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Don't know what they are putting in this kibble but my dogs absolutely love it. Their excitement at meal times has noticeably increased since I've been trying Pro Plan Duo Delice. The kibble consists of two forms: triangular shaped pieces and broken biscuit style pieces. Together these are suppose to help keep the dog's teeth clean. This may, or may not, be the case. But what is certainly true is that the kibble pieces are large enough to mean the dog has to actually crunch them. Some kibbles I've bought have been so small that my dogs just swallow the pieces without ever having to use their teeth. My three measures of whether a dog food is any good are; Does the dog enjoy? Does the dog maintain a good weight? And are the dog's energy levels maintained? With Pro Plan Duo Delice the answer appears to be a definite "yes" to all three.

4.0 out of 5 stars They Loved It!, 21 Aug 2013
J. Bond "Xelous" (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Four dogs in the house... And ALL of them loved this... Seriously, it pleased them so much, the kibbles are soft to the touch, and smell meaty rather than dry - or dusty - like other meals. But being pro plan you expect that feel of quality.

The dogs loved these, however, they may have been enjoyed too much - even following the feeding guide - these were a little rich and so well... What went in, came out... Not upset stomachs, just... well you know when you go out for a nice meal and stuff yourself?... Same thing, the dogs enjoyed these so much.

The bag itself, hard wearing polythene, so its not going to burst easily, and if like us you have an inquisitive pooch, the bag's not going to split open easily - like paper based bags do.

If you're getting your dog fed back up, or they're recovering from an illness, I'd recommend this for them. But as a regular daily feed, its too expensive by far.

4.0 out of 5 stars They loved it, 19 Aug 2013
J. Bond "Xelous" (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

I would perhaps critique the packet size, 2.5kilo this bag and more than half was empty atmosphere inside the bag - not unexpected but for just under £15 a bag you'd expect it to be packed not just 2.5kilo's crammed in the bottom.

4.0 out of 5 stars The dog likes it!, 15 Aug 2013
Kindle Customer (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I can't say much about this except that our fussy dog liked it. My daughter did her work experience at a vets and came home telling us that we had to stop feeding our dog the market leading brand of dry dog food he was enjoying because it was full of sugar, and so ever since we have looked out for added sugar on the ingredient list of dry dog foods. This one appears to have no sugar at all, so the vet would approve. The other dog food also had artificially coloured pieces. They looked lovely, but dogs are supposedly colour blind, so they were obviously made for the owners pleasure, not the dog's. This one does not appear to have artificial colouring added either. The dog likes it; I feel it is healthy and not loaded with junk additives, so we would both recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beef preferred., 7 April 2014