4.0 out of 5 stars The Secret book 2
Published 13 months ago by Sarah (Feeling Fictional)

3.0 out of 5 stars The forever of ella and micha
I wasnt sure if i was goin to bother readin this book or not. But it was enjoyable enough although ella still kind of annoyed me.
Published 17 months ago by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars The Secret book 2, 27 Jan. 2014
Sarah (Feeling Fictional) (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I really enjoyed The Secret of Ella and Micha so I was looking forward to seeing how the couple are getting on in this sequel. Ella is now at college studying while Micha is on tour with his band so they aren't getting to spend as much time together as either of them would like but they're just as in love as ever. Being so far away from each other is hard but I loved the fact that they trust each other, there are no doubts about whether one of them is being unfaithful and neither of them ever considers asking the other to give up their dreams so they can be together immediately. It's so nice to read about a NA relationship that is so supportive!

Ella is still struggling to deal with her past, she is suffering with depression and is in a bad place mentally. Micha wants to be there to help her through but Ella is smart enough to realise that she can't let him be her crutch forever. She has to make changes within her own life if she wants to get better and she needs to take a step back from her relationship to do that. She loves Micha but needs to do this on her own if they're going to have a chance of making a success of their relationship in the future. I absolutely LOVE the fact that Ella makes this difficult decision and that Micha is there for her as a friend even though he wants them to be so much more than that. It is hard for him to understand her reasoning at first but he loves her enough to let her do what she needs to do and to support her in any way she'll let him.

It was hard to read about Ella's depression at times because Jessica Sorensen has written it so well but that just made seeing her work through things even more satisfying. With the help of her councillor she is able to work through a lot of her issues and she even starts to build some bridges with her family. Nothing improves instantly and she still has a way to go but you're left with a real sense of hope that she is finally putting the past behind her. Micha has his own issues to deal with and there were times I wanted to strangle his father for being such a self-centred ass. Micha copes much better than Ella does but he still finds it hard and it was good to see Ella taking her turn in supporting him through his pain.

I really do love reading about Ella and Micha, it is so nice to come across a realistic relationship - one that has it's ups and downs and that isn't perfect but that is overall a healthy and supportive one. I also enjoyed seeing more of their friends Lila and Ethan and am looking forward to getting to know them better in the next book. The Forever of Ella and Micha is a great follow up to the first book and one I'd highly recommend to fans of this couple.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Forever of Ella and Micha, 30 May 2013
This review is from: The Forever of Ella and Micha (The Secret Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I loved the first book The secret of Ella and Micha and LOVED the second part of their story The Forever of Ella and Micha....like I didn't know I could feel like that after reading these books. Jessica Sorenson just takes you to another place with her characters these are beautiful characters who grab you with both hands and draws you in 100%.......Ella and Micha have both had difficult beginnings not so much one worse then other but same pain (being left by a parent) and not recovering from it and in this second book we see them both deal with their hurtful pasts and finally get their HEA they so deserve!! I really can't wait for Book 3 even though it's about Ella and Micha's bestfriends Lila and Ethan I hope we get to see further in to the future of Ella and Micha whilst these two tell their story!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Together or not..., 8 Feb. 2015
Rating 4/5

The story continues from where it left off in the previous book. Ella is back in Vegas going to school, whereas Micha is on the road with a band. They find the separation from each other hard, especially because they've only been together for a few months.

I believe Ella matured quite a bit in this book. She starts to see a therapist for her anxiety and depression which helps her to finally realise she needs help. She has to hit rock bottom first but then she starts to work through it and finally trusts on other people instead of keeping everything bottled up.

Micha annoyed me a little though. Ella asked for space, so she could work through her issues and become less independent on him, yet I think he didn't really give it to her and was trying to persuade her to stay with him. He needed to realise she can't rely on him all the time and needs to be by herself first.

The plot seemed to be: they're together... No they're not... They're together again... No they're not. It felt like they were working through things and then they got annoyed at each other.

Towards the end it got better as they both opened up to each other about their fears, finally! The ending was good and I liked how Jessica Sorensen left it.

One major problem I had was there were a lot of silly little mistakes that affected the flow of the book. There were quite a few spelling mistakes and the odd word that shouldn't be there.

Otherwise it was quite an enjoyable read.

For more reviews go to:

4.0 out of 5 stars It didn't take me forever to read this, 17 Nov. 2013
Chloe S "Chick Lit Chloe" (Berkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Ella and Micha are very much in love, and feel that although they are only young, they have been through more than enough together to know that what they have is real, and is forever. However, now they've gone their separate ways to college, Ella is struggling to work their relationship out over the long distance, especially as Micha is so keen to make his band work out. He hates being away from Ella, and worries about her, knowing that her best friend Lila will be watching over her, but for him, it isn't enough. The distance starts to make things feel different, and Ella isn't sure what to do next. Can she go on loving Micha from afar, knowing its forever, or is it just not enough any more to make her want forever?

I really liked reading Ella and Micha's story in the first book. They are a pair of quite tragic teenagers, both having secrets in their pasts which haunt then and force them to be the people that they have become. When they got together, they almost found kindred spirits in each other, and this book explores their relationship further and how they rely upon each other to survive. Ella, I feel, is much more needy of Micha, whereas I feel Micha truly loves Ella. It's an interesting dynamic that the pair have and I feel that Sorensen captures it so well, the teen love and angst that the pair feel, and the conflicting emotions that come with living apart too. It's not easy and that's the way it is in the story for them - they have to settle for what they have rather than what they both want.

I don't want to talk too much about the story because part of the enjoyment of this book is reading the twists and turns along the way, and slotting them in with the pace of the story. I liked both Ella and Micha a lot - they're likeable in their own ways, and I found Ella's story in this book quite emotional and moving - there's a lot for her to deal with and some quite difficult issues are explored here, and I felt Soresen explored them well. Micha has his own issue to come up against, some that I really hadn't expected at all, but certainly make you question parental bonds and responsibilities - this book really was a rollercoaster of emotions and it really made me think as I was reading how I would react in their situations.

Yes, in some ways the book was predictable - for me, there just could not have been any other ending than the one I wanted to happen. But I liked reading the story as it meandered its way to the finish, and I did actually care about these characters too - I felt invested in their story. Not only that, but I really enjoyed reading about the pursuits of their friends Lila and Ethan too, who actually feature in the next book in the series, The Temptation of Lila and Ethan. Ella and Micha really weren't together a huge amount in the book, so we get to find out more about them as separate people - the two halves of the whole - and it's interesting to read about the different ways they cope without each other. This is truly the crux of the story, and Soresen's writing really brings it all to life as you're reading, I found the book very easy to read and to immerse myself in. If you read and loved the first book, you'll definitely want to read this one soon to find out what happens next in the lives of Ella and Micha, I really enjoyed this and look forward to more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!!, 31 May 2013
I have bee waiting for this book to come out for ages and Jessica Sorensen did not disappoint again! This was fantastic I love the relationship that they have and I think Ella is brilliant. Thanks for another outstanding read

5.0 out of 5 stars Sooooo lovely, 29 May 2013
Ah I love Ella and micha they are so broken but so in love with each other. I wanted to cry when ella kept pushing him away I was shouting at her noooooooo stop silly girl. So glad they get their hea. Absolutely loved this book can't wait for Lila and ethans book and the next callie and kayden book!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read but needs better proof reading, 1 Feb. 2015
I enjoyed reading this second instalment about Ella and Micha. This book shows the up and downs of there relationship we all get to see a lot more about Ella's feelings, I do find Micha to be needy and pushy but it doesn't put me off his character. Lila and Ethan could've been more in the story thought. Also the grammar and spelling mistakes in the book was very distracting in ruined the flow of my reading and enjoyment of the story, since why it got 4 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Annoying, 6 Jan. 2014
Really liked the book but didnt love it like the first,Ella really got on my nerves to the point where i wanted to grab her & shake her then slap her for being such a annoying brat
Will always love Micha even tho he did come across bit of a doormat

Overall i am enjoying this series & looking forward to starting the nxt book

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, 12 Jun. 2014
For me Jessica Sorenson is the queen of writing beautiful broken characters, I love all her books. Ella and Micha's journey has always been a rough ride and they are one couple I constantly will to find their HEA. Micha is such an amazing character, he never fails to make me melt, I swoon with every pretty girl that leaves his beautiful lips. I certainly feel with each book the writing is becoming more stronger, the deeper we go into the characters backgrounds and look forward to the third book continuing on in their journey

5.0 out of 5 stars Great second book, 4 Jun. 2014
If you loved this couple in their first book, then this doesn't disappoint. Ella and Leila are in Vegas in college and Micha happy that he knows where she is this time. Lots more about their families, especially their Dads. It good seeing Micha doing well with his music but wanted to shout at Ella every time she pushed him away. Sweet ending and thoroughly what they both deserved.