on 22 January 2014
I'm really impressed with this Anker external battery. Great delivery, packaging and high quality product which is just brilliant.

I absolutely love the packaging – it’s simple clean lines and appearance just shout “quality”. And there's certainly no disappointment when lifting out the charger with it's soft rubbery surface and curved shape. It's also a good size and not too heavy! So I'd be happy to have it in a pocket if I felt I might need it with me, with my Note II in my other pocket. The charger is about the same width as the Note II, but not as long and slightly thinker.

It so simple to use too. Just a slight shake to wake it and a circular segmented light shows the level of charge, which was near fully charged on arrival. So it didn't take long to complete it's charge using a micro USB cable I already had plugged in for my phone. It comes with a micro USD lead, but not with it's own USB wall plug - which was fine by me as I have plenty anyway.

There are 3 USB sockets, one of which is intelligent so it will charge any device as quick as possible. So plenty of flexibility.

I've not done any charging time tests, but the first time I charged my Nexus 7 tablet was plenty quick enough for me. It probably used up roughly 10 to 15% to fully charge the Nexus 7 from about 30% to fully charged. So the charger still has loads of charge left.

I fully recommend others to buy this product, or other Anker charger, if you want a good quality product. They have a good range of chargers with different capacities depending on your requirements.

I will definitely be looking at Anker products in the future.
on 16 January 2014
This is the 3rd unit I have bought now, the first was stoeln by a friend (I kinda let them keep it as they loved it so much) the second I still have and use almost daily and this third one I intend to take with the other on longer trips away.

Pros: Huge battery charges my phone (Samsung Galaxy S3) from flat to full around 4-5 times on a full charge of the power pack. It charges as fast if not faster than a standard UK Power outlet, and alot faster than the in car charging system I have so I often favour this over the car charger when I'm driving. You can charge upto 3 devices at any one time which has proven very useful when I have been out with friends we just all connect up and throw the phones in a bag while they all charge up. Granted charging multiple devices does share the charging speed thus slowing it down but it is still very quick and effective at charging the devices. I have used with various phones and tablets of various brands including apple product and never had a problem with any of them. Design:- The product is extremely well designed, a little heavy but again to be expected given its capacity. Its about the size of a small 2.5" external portable hard drive perhaps a little bigger but certainly small enough to carry around with the rest of your gear in a backpack. It could even be considered pocket sized if you have large pockets.

Cons: The charge time of the battery pack is very very very long, I would estimate 16-24 hours to charge the pack from flat to full however I have found that this seems to vary but it ideally wants to be charged at least a day before any long trips. This is kind of to be expected however given that the device has a 12000mAh battery and is therefore about 5 times the capacity of most high end smartphones. The lack of a power button, this was originally a concern of mine as the pack is shaken to activate charge or to check the power level. I first thought this might prove annoying or even affect the battery life of the pack, however I have since read that 100,000 shake activations consumes less than 1% of the battery of the pack. This elevates any concerns about it draining whilst bobbing around in your bag and also I have actually found no issue in activating the device to charge or to check remaining power levels.

Overall: Brilliant, dont even hesitate, just buy one now, infact if you travel alot or often find your battery runs out then buy a couple, you will not be disappointed. I honestly dont know how I have lived without it.
on 18 February 2014
This external battery unit is solidly built an finished in an attractive non-slip rubber finish. Whilst it *will* re-charge from a standard phone charger it takes *many* hours; a hefty charger is necessary to bring this down to a reasonable period.

On the plus side (and it's a big plus) like most of the Anker products I've bought this unit really does deliver the goods, refilling my Samsung tablet once and S4 phone twice on one charge.

Dislikes? Well the short supplied lead would charge other appliances but for some reason couldn't be used to charge the unit itself. The battery meter on top of the unit seems to light up at random with the slightest vibration even not plugged into anything. I'd prefer to see more conventional display of capacity.

Anker seem very responsive to comments and suggestions and genuinely interested in making sure their customers are happy with their purchase. This is a very positive trait ensures that I favour their products precedence when selecting new tech.
(I've no connection with the company)
on 1 February 2014
I'm genuinely glad I invested in one of these battery power packs. The charge this thing can hold just keeps going and going. Can constantly keep 2 mobiles charged for over a week (7-8days) before it gives out. And will recharge itself once plugged in, in less than 24 hours. Definitely going to be useful for keeping cameras, tablets and phones charged on holiday!
on 5 January 2014
This is simply amazing quality. The battery grip, the shape, the pouch everything is made as it should be. Even the cable provided screams 'quality' when you look at it. I'm really impressed and recommend this product. Haven't heard of Anker before, now it is my one of favorite brands.
on 18 November 2013
A very powerful batter pack and I love the design.

The only draw back is that the shake and activate function is too sensitive. Its more like touch and activate ;-)

But I love the touch and feel and the power it holds. My iPad3 got around 83% charge compared to advertised 80%. So I should say I'm pleased.

I took off one star just because of the extra sensitiveness of the main function. Else its a 5* product
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 10 December 2013
Superb...Just...Superb! I have previously owned the E5 15000mAh battery, and while that was also great, it was really quite heavy in my pocket, so I swapped to this...lower capacity but more efficient, so hardly any difference at all in power. It is SO much lighter, and much more attractive too. I know you don't normally think of batteries as attractive (well I don't, anyway), but this thing really is a pleasure to look at and hold. It is very smooth, and the fact that it hasn't got any buttons makes it even better. A gentle shake is all that is needed. People have said that it activates at the slightest touch, but I do have to give it a little shake, and even if it did switch on accidentally, if no devices are attached it switches off again, so what's the problem? It arrived quickly (thank you Amazon Prime!) and it was about 60% full, so I attached my iPhone 5 to the 'smart' port (so much easier than checking what current everything needs!) and it charged from 7% to 100% in 2 hours...I call that pretty damn fast! I am very happy with it and urge everyone to buy one. Thank you Anker for making such a wonderful, essential and beautiful device!

Thanks for listening.
on 18 January 2014
Comes in a great box with a little pouch to keep it in as well so it doesn't get damaged. The battery life is brilliant I have already charged my phone up twice and still around 3/4 left.

Came with 3/4 charge which was excellent.

Took around 12-13hrs to charge fully with a 1.2A charger which is about right according to the instruction manual.

Takes around 1.5hrs to charge my Nexus 5 from 3-4% to 100%!!!
on 7 November 2014
issues with this pack as shaking it turns it on - and drains the battery. Also it would refuse to recharge, despite swapping round cables etc.

Seller very good and replaced this with another one of the same model, and when that developed the same fault, replaced it with a different model - the Anker® Astro E5 15000mAh Portable Power Bank Pack External Battery USB Charger
on 15 February 2016
There were multiple reasons I purchased this. The first was I needed a solution for a month long trip in America, secondly for weekends away camping and finally for everyday travelling and commuting.

I have had the charger for over 18 months now and it's still as good as the day I bought it. I loose track of the amount of charges I get from the unit as I tend not to do full charges from flat but more topping the gadget (or multiple) up.

There are a few features I particularly like about this charger, one is the 'shake to wake' style feature no more plugging your phone and falling asleep having forgot to switch the charge on. I also like the charge level indicator on the front making it easy to know when the charger itself needs recharging and finally the little pouch that came with the charge is really handy to keep the charger and wires in.

As usual cannot argue with the quality provided from Anker!