4.0 out of 5 stars Price too good to be true?.....I don't think so
I have just taken delivery of two bottles of this great Dalwhinnie. After ordering I read the reviews and was concerned by some reviews that suggested that there may some fake product in the pipeline.....
Published 4 months ago by Mr. M. Miller

1.0 out of 5 stars Reeked of forgery
There is another product with the same name on Amazon which may very well be legitimate and is more expensive.

Published 11 months ago by Pob

4.0 out of 5 stars Price too good to be true?.....I don't think so, 3 Mar 2014
Mr. M. Miller (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dalwhinnie 15 Year Old Whisky 70 cl (Grocery)
However, when I took delivery I examined them thoroughly. The colour of the whisky seemed good, also the quality of the packaging, labelling, and etchings seemed professional enough. I even emailed the Dalwhinnie distillery with the etched product batch codes which they confirmed as being genuine. The most reliable test of all is, of course, the taste.....thankfully the sweet honey notes and the slightly smokey aftertaste were all too present. This stuff is the real McCoy.
The only reason I didn't give this 5 stars is because, as other people have mentioned, the supplier packaging does damage the Dalwhinnie cardboard box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dalwhinnie 15, 29 Nov 2012
D. Smith (Staffordshire, England) - See all my reviews
Such a wonderful whisky, I can't imagine anyone wouldn't like this, whisky lover or not. The main thing that hits you is the honey like flavour and it has a nice subtle complexity with spicy and floral notes, typical of highland whiskies. Add to that it's incredible smoothness makes this a whisky that is very hard to stop drinking.

4.0 out of 5 stars good, 21 May 2014
This review is from: Dalwhinnie 15 Year Old Whisky 70 cl (Grocery)
Bottle was bought for my brothers birthday, He really enjoyed it. Packaging wasn't that bad either as per previous comments.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyday treat!, 22 April 2014
This review is from: Dalwhinnie 15 Year Old Whisky 70 cl (Grocery)
Wonderfully smooth - always a treat and at this price can be enjoyed everyday. One of my favourite single malts

5.0 out of 5 stars Super whisky but dont buy as gift as box squashed, 25 Mar 2014
This review is from: Dalwhinnie 15 Year Old Whisky 70 cl (Grocery)
Very happy with the price of this , but the way its packed is in inflated plastic padding around the whisky box in the main box so the box arrived crushed and tatty , so its absolutely fine if you buying for yourself but would be unsuitable as a gift unless you gave it without the box.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good service., 23 Mar 2014
This review is from: Dalwhinnie 15 Year Old Whisky 70 cl (Grocery)
I always like the single malt whisky and I collect some, I like dalwhinnie 15 year old very nice taste.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'd heard good things about this, 15 Mar 2014
David Hemming (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dalwhinnie 15 Year Old Whisky 70 cl (Grocery)
Was amazed to discover I could buy whisky from Amazon AND it's Prime Eligible for next day delivery. Once it arrived I tried a glass, so smooth and light it was amazing. I had to put it away so that there'd be some left next time my dad visited.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 14 Mar 2014
This review is from: Dalwhinnie 15 Year Old Whisky 70 cl (Grocery)
I have tried Dalwhinnie before and really enjoyed it. It is the best value for money of all the whiskeys.

1.0 out of 5 stars Reeked of forgery, 13 Aug 2013
This review is from: Dalwhinnie 15 Year Old Whisky 70 cl (Grocery)

After having enjoyed a bottle of Dalwhinney recently, I ordered this item. When received, the box not only looked as if had been pulled from a rubbish bin but also stunk of whisky and was damp. The bottle was sealed and corked (turns out that doing this is easy for the fakers if you look it up). Once removed, the plastic top just fell off. Luckily, there was enough of the cork showing to remove it and there followed an immediate whiff of your basic supermarket whisky (if that!) I poured a small amount into my glass and, from the smell, had no hesitation in saying that the contents where NOTHING LIKE Dalwhinnie whisky so I had a taste and this only reinforced that view by a factor of ten. I am in no way a whisky connoisseur and was not even aware of counterfeit whiskies being sold until I looked it up after coming up with the possibility that this could be the case but now I see now how rife it is. The smell and taste differences were so obvious that ANYONE could tell.

After explaining my situation to Amazon, they told me to keep the Whisky and that they would send out another bottle which seems very good as far as customer service goes but I requested a refund instead as I did not want to repeat this experience. I will not drink the contents of this bottle as I really cannot trust what it actually is! I will not even give it away. I have emailed the distillery and have offered to send them the bottle so they can check the contents.

I would certainly recommend Dalwhinnie Whisky to any who are curious but I would not recommend ever buying this product unless Russian Roulette is your thing.

I really do hope that Amazon look into this and would never sink low enough into actively involving themselves in such practices knowingly.

I will buy a bottle from Tesco this weekend and post pictures of the two in detail if I get time to help Whisky drinkers tell the differences.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful, 11 Dec 2013
This review is from: Dalwhinnie 15 Year Old Whisky 70 cl (Grocery)
I have the same problem as reviewer Pob on 13/08/13.
The box is badly damaged by the vacuum packing around it and also has a damp patch smelling of cheap whisky. One of the labels on the bottle itself is marked too. Altogether very poor; I am returning it, I can't give it as a gift in this state and, based on Pob's review, am fearful that this is not a genuine bottle of Dalwhinnie 15 yr old whisky.

Dalwhinnie 15 Year Old Whisky 70 cl