5.0 out of 5 stars Dalwhinnie 15
Such a wonderful whisky, I can't imagine anyone wouldn't like this, whisky lover or not. The main thing that hits you is the honey like flavour and it has a nice subtle complexity with spicy and floral notes, typical of highland whiskies. Add to that it's incredible smoothness makes this a whisky that is very hard to stop drinking.
Published on 29 Nov. 2012 by D. Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Too sweet for me
My rating is very much based on personal taste. I wanted to treat myself to a really special whisky but with one eye on price as I'm far from rich, so I limited myself to a budget of £35 maximum. Even within this range the choice is vast so, not being overly knowledgeable, I read a lot of reviews to help me decide.
This one looked to be a very good bet. I don't...
Published 6 months ago by "Computer, Give Me Manual ...

3.0 out of 5 stars Too sweet for me, 11 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Dalwhinnie 15 Year Old Whisky 70 cl (Grocery)
This one looked to be a very good bet. I don't think I came across one negative opinion of it (the poor reviews here at Amazon all relate to shipping and packaging, not the whisky).
Well, to cut to the chase, I broadly agree with the favourable reviews. This single malt does indeed have a delicious bouquet, a satisfyingly complex flavour and - above all - is wonderfully smooth.
However, and this is something I didn't see mentioned in any other review, I also found it extremely sweet, almost sugary. Too sweet for my taste, in fact. I suspect that most single malt purchasers are more experienced than I am, and will already know what they do and don't like. But if, like me, you're browsing the reviews to help you decide on a special bottle for Christmas, and if your taste, like mine, doesn't run to the sweet end of the spectrum, you might do better with a different brand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dalwhinnie 15, 29 Nov. 2012
D. Smith (Staffordshire, England) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars A friend recommended this to me - I really have to remember ..., 24 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Dalwhinnie 15 Year Old Whisky 70 cl (Grocery)
A friend recommended this to me - I really have to remember to do something nice for her sometime soon! I have a fairly diverse taste in Scotch, from the complex, smoky underflavours of Talisker to the sharper, cleaner bite of the Speysides, but I do tend to stick to what I like and had not tried this one before.

Let's be clear: I love it. Interesting mix of flavours, but basically much sweeter than I had expected, with a smoother, silkier aftertaste. I really bought it to have something for a frequent guest who doesn't like peaty offerings, but they are going to have to be quick getting here because otherwise I will have drunk it all and be waiting for the next lot...

Sweet, complex, clean and indeed kind to puddings and chocolate, as the sales description on Amazon said. Try it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super whisky but dont buy as gift as box squashed, 25 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Dalwhinnie 15 Year Old Whisky 70 cl (Grocery)
Very happy with the price of this , but the way its packed is in inflated plastic padding around the whisky box in the main box so the box arrived crushed and tatty , so its absolutely fine if you buying for yourself but would be unsuitable as a gift unless you gave it without the box.

4.0 out of 5 stars Price too good to be true?.....I don't think so, 3 Mar. 2014
Mr. M. Miller (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dalwhinnie 15 Year Old Whisky 70 cl (Grocery)
I have just taken delivery of two bottles of this great Dalwhinnie. After ordering I read the reviews and was concerned by some reviews that suggested that there may some fake product in the pipeline.....
However, when I took delivery I examined them thoroughly. The colour of the whisky seemed good, also the quality of the packaging, labelling, and etchings seemed professional enough. I even emailed the Dalwhinnie distillery with the etched product batch codes which they confirmed as being genuine. The most reliable test of all is, of course, the taste.....thankfully the sweet honey notes and the slightly smokey aftertaste were all too present. This stuff is the real McCoy.
The only reason I didn't give this 5 stars is because, as other people have mentioned, the supplier packaging does damage the Dalwhinnie cardboard box.

4.0 out of 5 stars good, 21 May 2014
This review is from: Dalwhinnie 15 Year Old Whisky 70 cl (Grocery)
Bottle was bought for my brothers birthday, He really enjoyed it. Packaging wasn't that bad either as per previous comments.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyday treat!, 22 April 2014
This review is from: Dalwhinnie 15 Year Old Whisky 70 cl (Grocery)
Wonderfully smooth - always a treat and at this price can be enjoyed everyday. One of my favourite single malts

5.0 out of 5 stars very good service., 23 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Dalwhinnie 15 Year Old Whisky 70 cl (Grocery)
I always like the single malt whisky and I collect some, I like dalwhinnie 15 year old very nice taste.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 14 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Dalwhinnie 15 Year Old Whisky 70 cl (Grocery)
I have tried Dalwhinnie before and really enjoyed it. It is the best value for money of all the whiskeys.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great whisky but....., 31 July 2014
This review is from: Dalwhinnie 15 Year Old Whisky 70 cl (Grocery)
This a a great whisky and can be highly recommended, but if you are buying directly from Amazon and intend to present it as a gift, then be aware that the inflated plastic packaging used to protect the bottle leaves the presentation box battered and torn so that it is only fit for the recycling.

Dalwhinnie 15 Year Old Whisky 70 cl