5.0 out of 5 stars Good lighter, good price
A decent little lighter, I lost my old zippo and the 2 days I was without it were pure hell.

I've checked for any signs that it's a forgery, just in case, and I can confirm that I'm pretty sure it's a GENUINE zippo lighter. Just in case you were wondering how to check for a forged Zippo I'll post a few simple points:

1. Dull flat click. When you open...
Published on 20 Aug. 2010 by N. EVERITT

2.0 out of 5 stars Sucked into the Zippo Mania and disappointed
After years with a butane lighter (for occasional use camping and round the house) I needed a new lighter and got sucked in by the brand name Zippo, and thought I'd get one of these.

Fantastic build quaility, a solid sturdy lighter, however the lighter fluid evaporates so everytime I come to use it I find it empty! I'll be switching back to butane lighters
Published 16 months ago by Charles Barsley

5.0 out of 5 stars Good lighter, good price, 20 Aug. 2010
N. EVERITT (Essex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zippo Cigarette Lighter (Sports)

1. Dull flat click. When you open and shut your Zippo it should have a nice echoey ping.
2. Brass pins. A genuine Zippo will not have brass pins through the thumbwheel and the lock connecting the insert to the case.
3. Obviously the price, this is pretty much the RRP for a cheap ZIppo. Fakes will be cheaper.

You can also check when your Zippo was made by looking on the bottom of the case. The letter on the left will indicate the month (A is Jan, B is Feb etc.) And then the year is on the right. Mine is June 08, bit old for a new item but I guess it doesn't really make a difference.
The month and date will also be on the insert (don't worry if the date on the insert doesn't match the date on the bottom, they are often made at different times).

5.0 out of 5 stars Talk about reliability!, 31 Aug. 2007
I have had a lighter just like this one [only a limited edition one, with the tell-tail up-side down stamp in the base] for probably six or seven years now, and it gets used in the kitchen on a daily basis. It`s had its share of were and tear, but somehow it still works as good as new! In all these years since I got it from the juty-free shop in Frankfurt airport during a flight delay, It has only needed 1 flint replacement [and that was quite recently]. It has only burned-off about 1 inch of wick, and is still on its original one. It can be called rather gass-guzzling, but that isn`t really an issue because [contrary to what zippo tell you] you can use any old junk-cheap fighter fluid in it and it will work fine. The only time the wind managed to prevent it from lighting was on a catamaran going 40 miles per hour, and even then I managed to lite someones fag with the sparks! For any purpose, I would deffinatley reccomend this lighter to anone, anywhere, for any purpose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product!, 23 Jun. 2010
S. L. Garbett - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zippo Cigarette Lighter (Sports)
I ordered this on monday, and got it on wednesday! Didn't even pay for express delivery, just first class. I was worried that it wouldn't fit through my letter box, but it did, so I didn't have to walk to the post office. Only one problem, which admittedly is picky, it doesn't come filled, so you may want to buy a cheap bottle of fluid to if you want to use it straight away.

The actual product is brilliant, it had the heavy weight of a good quality product! I'm sure it will last for years. And what many other people have missed out, it comes in a little gift box, which is awesome if you plan on giving it as a gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, evocative, reliable lighter, 9 May 2010
Title says it all. Zippo lights in wind, rain, frost and snow, is cool to own, easy to operate, lasts forever.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a Zippo lighter. What more is there to say?, 30 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Zippo Cigarette Lighter (Sports)
Excellent quality Zippo lighter. Works great.
Not a smoker, bought it for fun. :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good, 6 May 2014
This review is from: Zippo Cigarette Lighter (Sports)
This was my first Zippo. I was a little worried about the switch from disposables to something more permanent but its proving an interesting topic of conversation. The box it came in was very nice and the finish of the lighter is decent. you can see the grain well but it can still show up finger prints and can be a little slippy at times, especially if you suffer from sweaty palms.

I wouldn't say i'm a heavy smoker, maybe 2-3 packs a week, but im surprised that i need to refill this as much as a i do, almost every fortnight. Much more frequently than i go through disposables, however fluid is cheap and so far i havent even got through half of a 125ML tin.

The main reason i have knocked off 1 star is due to the fact that this lighter has a mind of its own. at 1 in the afternoon it can be shooting out fireballs but then not light at 2, then be back to normal at half 2 and back to fireballs at 3. As well as this, the flint seems to wear down very quickly, i think its time for a new one and its only 2 months old.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick Delivery!, 5 Feb. 2010
george (essex,England) - See all my reviews
such a great zippo no problems at all, came well packaged and very quick delivery was suprised

4.0 out of 5 stars Be careful with Royal Mail, 6 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Zippo Cigarette Lighter (Sports)
The product itself is fantastic. No surprise there, it's a Zippo. Refilling is a little bit of a hassle but you get used to it. The lid starts to get loose after a fair amount of use but with Zippo's lifetime warranty you can always send it over to them and they'll either fix it or replace it.

Having said that, sending it over might be a bit of trouble. When I checked the tracking information for this item, I was told that it was being inspected by the Royal Mail because the item may have been too dangerous to be transported via Air Mail to Northern Ireland. Thankfully, it did arrive eventually (after about three weeks). So if you are buying this product, make sure it's being delivered somewhere close to the seller that wouldn't necessitate Air Mail inspection before ordering it on Amazon. If you live somewhere like Northern Ireland, I suggest purchasing this from somewhere other than Amazon (honestly, I think Amazon is fantastic. It's the Royal Mail that's being an ass).

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant first time Zippo, 24 April 2012
George (Derbyshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zippo Cigarette Lighter (Sports)
I purchased this Zippo around two month ago now, I decided to leave writing a review until I'd used the lighter for a decent while. I am a non-smoker, I'm one of those people who walks around flicking the lighter, it's very calming in a weird way! The lighter works brilliantly, I've not had any trouble with it at all. I wanted this lighter to begin a collection and I can guarantee that you are getting genuine Zippo quality with this lighter, it is 100% genuine so don't worry about that!

The lighter is very hard wearing, the shell is still carrying full shine despite my constant use and of course, it has that beautiful Zippo click that we all know and love.

My only negative comes from delivery, it took around two week for my delivery to arrive, the problem was with dispatch. But as soon as the item was dispatched, it was through my door within two days.

To sum up, a brilliant lighter and a top buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective, looks great & a genuine product., 19 May 2014
This review is from: Zippo Cigarette Lighter (Sports)
This is a great lighter, whether you're a collector or a smoker. To start with, the finish looks very nice; and after some vicious use (attempting to do party tricks etc.) there are no scratches on the outer casing. There are however a few scratches on the chimney, but they're barely noticeable - which is great considering I've bashed this around like hell.

Zippo advise that you use their own premium lighter fluid for it, but I'm using a general unbranded lighter fluid that I bought from the 99p Store, so you can save a few quid there - providing it's a liquid state lighter fluid, you can most likely use it.

The only real problem I've noticed with this, is that the wick started fraying rather quickly; but again I am bending it back and forth for various tricks.

I'd definitely recommend this, especially for the RRP in comparison to the Amazon price.

Zippo Cigarette Lighter