5.0 out of 5 stars Remarkable value
I was hunting around for a quality mouse, in the past always having gone with the MS or Logitech top of the line tech - which I can't complain about.

Published on 5 Nov. 2012 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Downgrade, dysfunctional
I will explain why only two stars.

Published 4 months ago by Lucas

2.0 out of 5 stars Downgrade, dysfunctional, 6 Nov. 2014
I will explain why only two stars.

First of all, this is not the product with 4.5 star rating. The rating is for the original product MX 2000 which is an excellent mouse. I have owned it for 2 years and been only satisfied,the only issue I have had with it was that some dirt and crumbs got behind the plastic transparent part and could not been cleaned annoying me when looking at it :).

So I have come across this product and believed it was an upgrade to the existing mouse. After I have bought it and this has been delivered, I have immediatelly noticed issues. It has less buttons, lights can not be customised well, DPI gets reset on it`s own when playing battlefield, have to alt tab out and open the program and rectify, the DPI indicator lights are worthless since they do not indicate the DPI level and after I switch of my PC, these 4 led indictators shine with highest intensity and emit strong green light. I thought a driver issue, and I have noticed that in the title of this product is [Driver Update] !?. I have uninstalled the program, downloaded latest drivers but it`s still the same. I have contacted Perixx on Amazon.de 4 times, yet no one responded to me. I have sent this back and am back to the original MX 2000 and am again happy with it. It may last two more years and it was a good purchase. Shame that this new product has been given the old product`s ratings as the old one was superior in every way and the software that came with it was at least functional.

5.0 out of 5 stars Remarkable value, 5 Nov. 2012

This time I wanted something with a configurable DPI setting (for use in Photoshop, rather than gaming), but didn't like the offerings from either of the above. I looked around other top brands (Razor Razer Mamba 2012 Elite Gaming Mouseetc.), which come with a £100+- price tag, then found this item.

Never bought a Perixx before, so unsure what to expect for this price. I can happily say the build quality is great - the mouse is solid, glides smoothly over my Cyber Sniper mouse pad (the mouse has very large friction pads), the buttons are solid and click firmly and the scroll wheels ticks with just the right amount of friction. The 'extra' buttons are placed in an easily reachable position - I actually might end up using them.

The bundled software (I got mine from the website rather than the included CD) is very easy to setup and allows all the mouse buttons to be configured, as well as scroll speed etc.

I especially like the addition of the mouse weights, wired mouse can be quite light so this is an added benefit.

I've been so impressed I've started looking at their other items, especially the drawing tablets - if the build quality is anywhere near as good as this, it will be a replacement for when it's time to upgrade my Wacom...

In summary, the price tag of this mouse belies it's features and quality - I'm happy to spend money on quality items, but this mouse is punching so far above it's weight there really is no need to spend more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely astounding for the price, 19 July 2014
Only been using the mouse for a few days, but here are my observations.

1) Much more comfortable than the Roccat Kone[+] it replaces. Generally I find some gaming mice are ever so slightly too large but this one feels like it was designed perfectly for my hands. Much smoother movement across the mat and the buttons fall to hand a little easier. Additionally the soft-touch plastic shell is great and the elongated thumb support makes gripping feel much more relaxed.

2) Seems excellently built. The weights (seven of them!) come in a printed metal tin and the braided cord, though rather pointless, is a quality touch. There's a little upward movement in the left and right mouse button switches but it doesn't affect how they feel. My only minor gripe is the scroll wheel isn't quite as tactile as I'd like- there's only a very soft "click" as the gear turns against the sensor, though I'm sure I'll get used to it.

My Kone[+] was bought second-hand but was only a few months old. It already had the "flickering" scroll bug which required me disassembling it and cleaning all the sensor contacts. I then used it for four months without issue, until the scroll wheel pin promptly broke. I can't really speak for the longevity of the Perixx but it's already off to a better start than what it replaces.

3) Customisation. Several reviewers marked the mouse down for the inability to customise lighting and accurately adjust the DPI setting. These people have either received the wrong product, failed to install the drivers (or used very old ones) or are liars. DPI is adjustable in increments of 100, which to be honest is all you ever really need. I can scarcely feel the difference between increments of 300, let alone 100, so I think it offers easily enough adjustability for any user who isn't a niggling pedant or God himself. Additionally, the lighting colours and patterns are adjustable. I've personally never seen the appeal in a mouse with lights that pulse in a rhythmic (read "distracting") way like some strange rave toy, but at least I can colour match the mouse with my blue Perixx keyboard.

Other comments? Well, the packaging was nice, the driver CD useless (who uses driver CDs with peripherals these days anyway?) it got here quickly given that it was shipped from Dusseldorf. The second set of slightly different stick-on pads for the underside is nice, though one wonders how many people actually use them. Oh, and the door on the bottom to enable access to the weights is a bit stiff.

The headline, though is the price. At under £25, it undercuts pretty much everything else in the market. The Anker stuff is similar in spec and USP, but looks incredibly cheaply made in comparison. The closest, most basic competition from the likes of Roccat, Steel Series etc is all between £10 and £50 more expensive, for no apparent improvement in performance or functionality.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the original MX2000 for the same price., 21 Dec. 2014
[Got this to replace my MX2000 was accidentally damaged. ]

Disappointed because this newer version has 3 fewer buttons and is slightly lower quality. A great feature of the original MX2000 was the rocking scroll wheel which gave copy/ past function

This has been deleted on this "updated" version, so am hugely disappointed. I will be sending it back.

Sadly, the original MX2000 is currently nowhere to be found on Amazon or E-Bay.

The 2000IIB still a good general mouse but should have been more of an improvement than this original. I also do not like the mouse light in the middle, but this may appeal to young gamers like my son.

2.0 out of 5 stars Previous model was brilliant, updated version is poor., 16 July 2014
This review is from: [Driver Update] Perixx MX-2000IIR, Programmable Gaming Laser Mouse - 8 Programmable Button - Omron Micro Switches - Avago 5600DPI ADNS-9500 Laser Sensor - Weight Tuning Cartridge - Ultra Polling 125-1000HZ - Metallic Red (Accessory)
It's important to note that all of the reviews currently listed as "most helpful" are for the older model, the MX-2000. The model was updated sometime in early 2014 (keeping the same URL, so keeping all of the old reviews).

The original MX-2000 was amazing, especially for the price, and was the best gaming mouse in its range. One issue the old model had (and the new model still has) is the stiff middle-button. Clicking the middle button requires a tiny bit of extra force than most mice (not a big deal, though slightly important in fast-paced games). On the MX-2000, this could be fixed by setting the left-tilt of the mouse button to work as the middle button instead. This can't be done on the MX-2000IIR, because the left and right middle-mouse buttons have been removed!

As well as this, the scroll wheel no longer feels 'notched' (where you can feel each increment on the inside of the wheel as you scroll, so you can precisely scroll through an inventory bar, for example). The new version's wheel feels too smooth and inaccurate to easily scroll a precise number of increments.

The customisable LED has also been removed (though that wasn't a very essential feature), and the extra button on the right side of the mouse is gone too, leaving it with 8 customisable buttons instead of 11. I hardly ever used this extra button, but extra buttons are always a nice convenience.

Overall, this mouse is a step down from its former model. It's still nicely ergonomic, the new placement of the thumb-button is better, and it's as versatile and customisable as before, but the new scroll wheel is a deal-breaker. Also for both models, while the braided cable looks nice and seems better protected, it's more prone to kinks as a result. I've had three of these mice (2 of the old model, 1 of the new), and they've all eventually started to fail on an average of six months, though this may be partly because I travel around with them a lot with my laptop. Despite owning an MX-2000IIR model, I'm still clinging to my failing MX-2000 (which needs the cable to be twisted into odd positions to work, and fails completely sometimes) - that's how much the previous model is preferable to this version.

I get the feeling that the update might be due to budget constraints, but I'd love to be able to buy the old model again, even if it means paying a slightly higher price.

4.0 out of 5 stars MX2000II not as good a Normal MX2000, But is still a good mouse, 14 Oct. 2014
I had got the Normal MX 2000 and loved it, this "updated version" Feels "cheaper"as the grips on the side are not as nice as the older model and feel slightly nasty and on the back the old MX 2000 had a small switch to get the back off this one has crappy plastic and is a pain to get off. They have moved one button that I liked and got rid of another,the thumb one on the old model I loved to bind Ctrl to as I cant use my little finger for crouch on my left hand I would stretch my thumb underneath my hand which wasn't comfortable to hold. Until I got the original MX2000 to which I would use my right Thumb on it and it felt natural and comfortable as my thumb naturally went over it, now where it was is now a silver "MX 2000 II" plastic and waste of a perfectly good button place. In the newer model they have moved the thump knuckle button to the front on the upper part of the thump which feels crap to use as a crouch button and it is slightly out of reach for my thump "do-ible" but not comfortable . The second button which has been removed is the right hand right side little button and though I didn't use it very often it was still very useful for me and could be used as and extra button for keys that took longer to press to keyboard or a short cut or a macro (a nit pick I know but the new mouse is the same price yet in my opinion is worse going from 11 to 8 , I found the 2 buttons and there placements VERY USEFUL!). I still have the older model and is perfectly fine but I have 2 computers at different places and I wanted another MX2000 to find that I can no longer get it even using the old saved link before I bought the 2000 norm to only find this this not so great version, the "MXII ISN'T A BAD mouse" But is rather to me a downgrade in my opinion to the older version which was great. My last nit pick is the new software that comes with it Straight Away I noticed that I COULDN'T use the old saved files from the previous software so when I had them both open to copy the old in to the new the new mouse the MXII felt faster(more sensitivity (not a good thing when trying to get it to feel the same and what I'm used to ) after I had saved an closed the program Chinese some Asian language came up for a 5 seconds and closed which made me think I had virus to as it wasn't the language of the software installed Over all though the MXII isn't as good as the MX I would still recommend it to people wanting gaming mice (unless the MX2000 was still around a I would recommend that instead) Yet it is still good value I just wish instead of using the old Amazon section for the MX and changing it to the MX2 and keeping the old reviews it would of had its own page and that I would still be able to buy the older version as it was "better" but MX2 is still good value and quality for price just not all good as old.

2.0 out of 5 stars Love it EDIT: A year later and now I hate it., 14 Jun. 2013
I really like this mouse, it is a really good size for me (average sized hands I think?) and I'm sure it would be fine for people with larger hands as it feels very roomy when I'm using it. The weights that you can add to it are great, they allow you to get it to a weight you are comfortable with unless I suppose you would be more comfortable trying to use a breeze block for a mouse. I have had it for a few months now and I am not getting the rubbing off of paint that other people seem to be getting, I play +24 hours of gaming a week.
The buttons are all int really nice places and you can customize them really well with the software that comes with it on disc.
Overall this is a surprisingly high quality mouse given the price for it, I highly recommend giving it a shot.

EDIT: It's been almost a year since I bought this mouse and it's really starting to show it's price. I have so many issues with this mouse on a weekly basis that it's close to impossible to play competitive games on. About every 2 days or so it will turn itself off every half hour to an hour during gameplay. Also it has started to change the sensitivity down to at least half of what I play it at randomly. I would recommend this item only as a temporary mouse or spare that you don't use very often.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Budget Gaming Mouse Ever., 12 Feb. 2015
Was looking for a quality budget gaming mouse and after looking at various reviews on different sites this little baby popped up a few times. It looked just like my old Mionix Naos 5000 so thought i would give it a try. I won't go into a full description of all its features as they are listed here and in other reviews around the web. All i will say is this is absolutely amazing for the price. Have been using it for a month now playing SWTOR and Far Cry 4. This is a palm grip mouse which i prefer and every bit as comfortable as my old Naos. I would recommend this to any gamer that just needs a simple, well built and functional mouse. This deserves all the praise it has received and for this price..well nothing out there comes anywhere near it.The only thing i have noticed is that when i unplug the mouse and restart my laptop i have to adjust my pointer speed back to how i like it each time. I have put this down though to the fact that my MSI disables the touch pad when i plug in a mouse so probably the laptops fault and settings in that. So forget the big brand names like Razer, Roccat, Mionix etc. and go for this if you don't want to spend alot of money. It does everything they do just as well for a fraction of the cost. Even has a long braided chord which you never see on a mouse this cheap. Buy it.

4.0 out of 5 stars The pros of this mouse far outweighs the cosmetic cons and is a very good starter mouse for gamers., 15 Aug. 2014
Pros: Very comfortable in the hand, good button placement and very easy to set up and alter. The weights are easy to install and provide a very good feel. The cord is very sturdy and flexible enough to not get in the way during use.

Cons: The lights on the top left of the mouse is a bit too bright for my liking and after a year of use the rubber grip is starting to become a little loose on the left side.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely recommend!, 24 Dec. 2013
I bought this not long ago and, for the money I paid (£24), it doesn't get much better than this. I was a little weary of the entirely plastic construction but I'm happy to say that the build quality is excellent. The buttons feel very nice along with the satisfying scroll wheel. The laser is great too - I've not had any problems with the tracking on my desk at all. The software is very easy to use and macros are easy to setup. The ability to change the DPI on-the-fly is a fantastic addition as I play many FPS games and lowering the sensitivity instantly to be that bit more accurate is very useful in many situations. It's also very comfortable with the rubber grips on both sides and the soft, rubberized feel over the top of the mouse is very nice and stops your hand from slipping.

So, in short, this mouse is well worth the price, would definitely recommend this to someone looking for a great gaming mouse at a relatively low cost. After all, it is German engineering... hehe