on 3 October 2013
What an amazing book I read it first then bought the best recommended coconut oil and was truly thankful I had, as I could feel the benefit to my health in a few days which I wasn't expecting It was really good to feel a lot of improvement to my well being in a very long time. I really recommend everyone reading this book and feel the results of using the recommendations inside. Lots of my friends and family are being informed about it. I won't let the book out of my sight,Buy it and see for yourself follow the recommendations ,you will find it worth your while. Best of health.Thanks
on 12 January 2014
nice to read about the good things about coconut oil.i love the the stuff and some nice recipes in there to.
on 23 December 2013
I am really pleased with the book, I will definately be using more coconut in cooking and every day use
on 15 August 2014
Detail in my copy and not apparent from the Amazon product detail (at the time of writing):

'Printed in Great Britain by Amazon.co.uk Ltd, Marston Gate. ©2013 Michael Anderson. All rights reserved.'

Paperback, measuring around 22.75 cm x 15 cm, with 118 matt pages, text only (apart from the last four pages of further recommended reading which shows the cover illustrations, in black and white).

The information sections make light reading and are easy to absorb.
Warnings precede some sections regarding possible sensitivity issues, as you would expect, but there is no detail about the author and his experience, which I would have felt more confident with.

I should say that I needed a quick and relatively basic knowledge of 'Coconut Oil' and its properties and, for me, this publication is a little too basic. With the blatant error in the spelling of 'cococonut oil' on the back cover, it soon became apparent that this was a book, which may not offer too much ahead of the many recipes from page 50 onwards, but there are some interesting and apparently easy to make things in here from skin/hair care to cooking.

The recipes use US measures only.

The recipe section is one to a page with the title, followed by the list of ingredients and then the directions, e.g.:

Hair Strengthener:

Ingredients:

* 2 tablespoons coconut oil
* 1 tablespoon almond oil

Directions:

1. Blend the coconut oil and the almond oil.
2. Massage the blend into your hair and scalp.
3. Let it sit for 30 minutes and wash out.

ooOoo

Sautéed Carrots and Onions:

Ingredients:

* 3 tablespoons coconut oil
* 4 carrots, sliced into strips or coins
* 1 large onion, sliced into strips
* 1 teaspoon salt

Directions:

1. Place coconut oil in the skillet and melt over medium-high heat.
2. Sauté carrots and onions until tender.
3. Add salt and serve warm.

More detailed is 'Coconut Tilapia', which is the only recipe to run over the page (p 105 & 6).
review image review image
on 27 March 2014
This is a pretty interesting little book, but not a very long read! It is somewhat superficial but nevertheless full of helpful tips and recipes- worth the buy.
on 7 May 2014
I cant wait to try some of the beauty products, the recipes are clear and concise and easy to follow.
VINE VOICEon 25 April 2015
Full of essential gen on the use of coconut oil both culinary and cosmetic. I'm not sure I'm too gone on the idea of adding coconut oil to smoothies unless you are just about to go out on a 10 mile jog and need the additional energy. It's important to read the short chapter on using coconut oil as part of a weight loss regime and the advice that this needs to be done as part of a total weight loss plan - on its own, coconut oil won't help you lose much weight as it's a saturated fat, after all, and if you consume too much you will put on weight, not lose it. This a good book to have at your disposal, though.
on 12 April 2014
It seems as though Amazon hired R. Johnson to write this book to promote and boost the sales for coconut oil, flogging it off as a natural health remedy/dietary supplement to weight loss. Not only is the writing appalling, the "science" behind the author's theory about Coconut oil is very weak. There is also no biographical information on the "author" as in does he have a PHD in medicine, nor any dietary food experience, in fact there is nothing about the writer as all. I have nothing against coconut oil, as a matter of fact I bought this booklet with an order of the oil. The oil is great, I used it for baking. However, this book is a joke and shame on Amazon for producing such a terribly uninformative booklet and charge 9.95.
on 24 May 2014
I bought two of them to go with the Lucy Bee coconut oil for me and my daughter.
It's a good little guide if you are not up to speed with the benefits of coconut oil.
Although you can get this info free off internet!
on 13 July 2014
Okay. some recipes I will try.