I have been using webcams (in anger) for the better part of five years, especially with my focus on telepresence robotics and video conferencing. And the 930e is the first upgrade from the QuickCam Pro 9000 that I am really crowing about.

Published 5 months ago by S. Dickert

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice unit but you need more control over the picture quality
There is no doubt that the picture quality that you can get from this unit is very good, but it would be better if you had more control over the picture quality level.

Published 8 months ago by T C BUCKLAND

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice unit but you need more control over the picture quality, 27 April 2014
This review is from: Logitech Webcam C930 E Webcam, PC / Mac , USB Interface (Personal Computers)

I tested this in the office with Lync, and could see it was sending a nice HD video to the other party. The auto focus is fast - if you hold up A4 paper with writing on it, the other party can read it. Using NetMeter I could see it was uploading at around 450 KB/s.

At home on Skype, I called my family in Australia from London. On NetMeter I could see it was uploading at 850 KB/s or more. Unfortunately I think it overwhelmed their computer or perhaps internet connection since it froze a number of times for long periods. They said the picture was very clear though.

What I really need is a way of setting a maximum picture quality target - say 720p instead of 1080p. Or perhaps setting a maximum upload bandwidth, and letting it sort out the best quality it can do within that budget. Some of my family have satellite internet - data is very expensive. So it would be good to throttle the quality for them too.

So unfortunately I might have to revert back to my old Logtecht QuickCam Pro 9000.

I do like the privacy cover that comes with it though, once you clip it on, you just have to lift up the flap when you want to use the webcam.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good product, No support, 11 Aug 2014
It is really hard to say anything bad about the device itself. Yes of course, the sound quality is lacking but is more than enough for just average consumer use. The quality is amazing(when it works), design is beautiful and really stylish. BTW this review is written from a person who uses his webcam everyday(Youtuber and Streamer).

Logitech thought that if they put a "business" label on the box, it is going to discourage average customers to buy it, but it didn't. When I bought this camera, for the price I was expecting it to work out of the box(recording 1080p in 30fps with amazing field of view) but that was not the case. It turns out if you are a windows user then logitech says tough s**t because their webcam software is not compatible with this newest family member. Best quality you can squeeze out of that piece of crap is 720p in around 12fps... I spent around 8 hours the same day looking and installing different software which I could use to record the video feed with but all of them either didn't recognize the camera or I could not use its features to full extent(not 1080p, 30fps or no built in encoder). If you're a mac user on the other hand I read that you can use QuickTime and it works perfectly. I wasn't really feeling like paying for pro version or buying a license for Microsoft Lync which apparently would work perfectly. Customer service was nice and friendly but not helpful at the same time. It looks like they are just there to tell people nicely to get off the phone and stop trying. I only give this product 2 stars because for an average consumer it is not going to work, but when it does it a really amazing product. Well done Logitech!

4.0 out of 5 stars If you own the QC 9000 or the C910, then the 930e is a terrific upgrade, 30 July 2014
S. Dickert (New York, NY USA) - See all my reviews

Compared to the 9000, you have the 1080 and the greater viewing angle (all due to the fish-eye lens) and a much higher resolution and low light performance. When comparing the 910 directly with the 930e, the same resolution issues are evident - facial features are crisper, colors are more natural and the auto-focusing is incredibly useful.

And, the new mount works exceptionally well with a center mount where I place the 930e directly in front of the monitor to give better eye contact.

Is it worth the increased price? If you have a 9000 or C910, then I would say yes. But for those 920 folks out there - you will have to decide for yourselves.

And I have found the microphones excellent, but I use my own AT2020 mic for better audio pickup.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing quality for a webcam!, 27 Mar 2014
Brilliant for everybody! whether your doing YouTube videos or just skyping family or friends!
The one down side is that unlike the Logitech c920, this one does not come with recording software but that not enough to drop it by a star!

2 little tips:
-The lighter your room the better the quality is!
-Buy an separate mic. I wouldn't recommend the built in one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality is Fantastic, 2 May 2014
P. Jones "techie mom" (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
And it works well with my Mac too. I had the C920 for a short while prior to this and didn't think there would be a noticeable difference. I still think the C920 is good, but this is crisp!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great quality camera!, 19 May 2014
J White (South East UK) - See all my reviews
Bought to sit atop a 42" TV for WebEx video calling on a bigger scale than "standard desktop" setup.
Picture quality is great, focuses well at 2-3 Metres (impressive stuff) and does just what we needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT, 25 Mar 2014
Great camera, one of the best on the markets. I used to have c910 but the difference between c910 and c930e is HUGE

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 4 Oct 2014
an outstanding product when used with an imac, by far the best webcam i have ever used.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent webcam, fantastic quality and great wide lens output, 16 Nov 2014
Excellent webcam, fantastic quality and great wide lens output. Works great with Skype, much better than my previous Logitech 9000 cam which was great in its day. Firmware upgradable too! Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product overall, 14 Oct 2014
Great product overall. Image quality is very good in my opinion. Haven't used a great deal of webcams but for me personally, i like it. I've always felt that logitech make great products from experience :D

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›