5.0 out of 5 stars Also brilliant for Ethernet connection to satellite box, game console, etc
I obtained this extender to improve coverage to the lounge and garden but have discovered it also does a brilliant job connecting to the blu-ray player, the game console, and the sat box for access to i-player etc. These devices are too far from the router for a direct, hard wire connection. I have read other reviews which say this extender doesn't work but I can only...
Published 20 months ago by Peter Piper

3.0 out of 5 stars Works we'll but terrible noise...
Does the job well but should it make a very high pitched noise? If not then it may be faulty. Very annoying when in the same room.......
Published 18 months ago by Kman

‹ Previous | 123 24 2544 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars easy set up, 3 Dec. 2013
This review is from: TP-LINK TL-WA750RE 150Mbps Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender/Wi-Fi Booster (WPS function,Easy Configuration) (Accessory)
very easy to set up only issue ive had but may not be linked is the extender is my wifi signal keeps dropping out but on the plus side the signal has been boosted from 3 bars to a full 5

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 25 Nov. 2013
I wanted it to extend my Virgin WIFI signal upstairs and it does just that. Sometimes, if you go into WIFI settings on your tablet / phone, you will see 2 signals (your downstairs signal - the router, and your upstairs - the extender. The signal strength is there for you to see). Just select that of the TP Link (the strongest signal if you are closer to it) and your device will auto select it when you are close to it. If it doesn't automatically do it, it is not rocket science to make it happen manually. All in all it does what it is supposed to and I'm happy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Extender, 21 Nov. 2013
I must admit, I did everything it said on the laeflet but it did not work for me. My son tried it in another location and it seemed to work for him. The jury is still out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 20 Nov. 2013
TeamScoop (Southern UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This little gem is a great item. I was always getting flakey connection while in the conservatory at the other end of the house from the router. Pair this up, plug it in out there and Bingo!, lovely speed. Easy set up and has not faltered since. Top job

4.0 out of 5 stars Router Range Extender - life changer, 18 Nov. 2013
I ordered this on a recommendation from my techy friend after I explained to him that I could not get a decent signal from my router when I am in my kitchen. My I-pad would not stay connected to the internet unless I was in the office where the router was. Unfortunately what should have been a really easy set up proved to be a bit more complicated because my router does not have the necessary WPS button - so I needed assistance in getting it up and running. But having said that it now works well.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works., 17 Nov. 2013
I bought this to extend wifi coverage to the garden shed. The initial automatic settings caused a few problems with DHCP, but after manually assigning an IP within the range of my hub, I was able to get connected.

The speed is not bad considering that there are brick walls and a distance of about 30 meters to the shed. I'd say I get about two thirds of the broadband speed that I get by being connected directly to the hub in the house (4.5Mbps vs 7Mbps). There's always a loss in any system like that and that isn't intolerable.

All in all, I would recommend this, but be aware, that in some cases, you might have to tinker with the settings to get it right.

4.0 out of 5 stars very useful, 14 Nov. 2013
this was dead easy to set up and extended the range of my pretty basic talk talk router into rooms in the house It did not before and I can even sit outside now to work. It would have got five stars but it does take at least two minutes longer than the main router to become effective, or am I being extra picky? Very quick delivery and a cheap and easy solution.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job admirably, 11 Nov. 2013
mr david s Boam (cheadle, cheshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I had to buy a range extender because the Wi-Fi signal from my router, situated in the front bedroom, wasn't reaching the back of the house through fairly substantial walls. Setup and registering was easy and then we plugged it in downstairs at the back of the house which enabled a good signal for the kitchen living room and parlour. Occasionally it will lose the signal and need to be rebooted, which is just a matter of unplugging it and plugging it in again. The only downside is the format of the indicator where you are not sure sometimes as to what exactly is going on. Some though into this e.g. use of different coloured LEDs would have improved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and easy, 11 Nov. 2013
Sathya Srinivasan (UK) - See all my reviews
This unit is brilliant. Though the speed is not 150mbps as stated ( you only get a max of 40 mbps or so), it does what it says in the tin. Connection is extremely simple and I get to save a USB port on my machine by using the RJ45.

It hasn't disconnected so far (like the comments on other such devices) but I would say the price is slightly higher than similar products in the market.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to go, 8 Nov. 2013
Easy to install and does the job.Technophobes should not worry! I was anxious Id need to do more than plug it in.

‹ Previous | 123 24 2544 | Next ›