Published 19 months ago by roses

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me
Published 19 months ago by Del 58

5.0 out of 5 stars A shaver with many convenient features, great for sensitive skin, 11 Sept. 2013
roses (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Braun CoolTec CT2cc Electric Shaver with Active Cooling Technology and Cleaning Centre (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
From the opinion of the other half, this actually feels like a quality shaver, although heavier than usual in weight, it certainly has a lot of features going for it. It does provide a close shave and even picks out the tiniest stubble. However it struggles a little on contoured areas around the throat which could be down to the shape of the shaver. The ice feature or heat sink is a great feature for anyone with sensitive skin and can make the process of shaving less irritating. For sensitive skin the best aspect of this shaver is the alcoholic self cleaning system which also serves to lubricates for a better shave. The alcoholic wash tray lasts about a month and that is with a clean after every shave, every day. One alcoholic pack is initially supplied and replacements are also fairly affordable. The cleaning system is a breeze for anyone lazy, stick the shaver upside down in the unit, press a button and leave it to do it's thing. The only downside is that the cleaning process is a little noisy but only lasts a few minutes. The shaver does take awhile to dry but it's not a real issue if you shave at the same time everyday. The cleaning unit which also serves as a charging station is fairly bulky and not great for travelling with. But it does come with a very slimline charging caddy which can be easily packed for travelling. Unfortunately this particular model doesn't come with a travelling case. The shaver is very quick to charge, a 5 minute charge will get you one shave.

Both the shaver and charging unit feels well built, and it has been claimed that the product is designed to last 7 years which I feel is fair based on the performance so far. The shaver also comes with a cap to trim longer hair, cleaning brush and a small slide out shaver on the back for a more controlled shave. The LED lights on the shaver and charging unit looks pretty neat. I think the selling point of this shaver is the convenient features and everything about it is made for a more comfortable and closer shave especially for those with sensitive skin. There are even tips in the manual for a less irritable shave, for example shaving before washing, as the oil in the skin helps to lubricate, and you can also use this shaver in the shower as well. All the features in the shaver has been well thought out and I would recommend this for anyone looking for something that is quality and convenience.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool and good value, 22 Sept. 2013
O E J - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is my third Braun shaver in a row and definitely the best. It really does feel cool and pleasant on the skin (to me, anyway) and I was quickly impressed by the closeness of the shave itself. I usually prefer wet-shaving, and still do to be honest, but this is the best electric razor I have used. I have never tried a Philips however, and several reviewers have expressed their strong preference for the Dutch brand.

When emptying the foil head into the basin after a shave, the waste hair appears more finely cut than anything I have seen before. This may not be the most pleasant of images for you, but I believe it to be evidence that this new product from Braun shaves closer and more finely than anything they have produced up to now.

I notice that Braun have moved the on/off button higher up towards the foil head in such a way that the user shouldn't inadvertently turn the device off - with previous models (the 790 and 590) the thumb naturally rests on the on/off button during use, which could be a nuisance. This problem has been addressed successfully with the CT2cc.

I would agree that it's a little on the heavy side, maybe this is a spin-off of having good battery lasting power and short charging times. I would have preferred it to have been lighter but it's not a problem.

For me the biggest negative has to be the cleaning system, which I reckon is nothing more than a way of generating revenue for the company. Yes, it does clean the whole razor head nicely but it's an expensive indulgence - not only in terms of energy consumption but particularly when it comes to buying a replacement set of Braun CCR3 Clean & Renew Refill Cartridges - 3-Pack. Braun state that "One cartridge lasts about 30 cleaning cycles". It's fine if you can afford it and don't care about such an expense, but in my case I'm happy to clean the CT2cc thoroughly with warm water; it's presumably not going to be quite as good or as hygienic as using the alcohol cleaner but it's good enough for me, so when my cartridges have run out that will be that - they won't be replaced. In theory, taking it to the extreme of cleaning the device every day, one 3-pack lasts 90 days so you'd need to get 4 of these a year, costing the best part of £50. Personally I'm not convinced that it's necessary to go to the trouble of cleaning the razor this way.

But the CT2cc is otherwise a good electric razor, I like it and I'm happy with it. I just hope the foil head itself lasts longer than the one on my 790cc, which disintegrated within a year or two. The price has come down a fair bit since Sept 2013 and it can now be considered good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars A revelation in shaving!!, 26 Aug. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This razor is everything you could ever need, for what it does - in comparison to a series 7 model we own, this I would actually opt for despite the price-tag. This razor is incredible, you can't even describe the refreshing cooling sensation as you shave but it is very skin friendly - having THE most sensitive skin, trying to find a gentle electric shaver that doesn't cause soreness and irritation has been tough - but this really is amazing and does what it says. it a nice small size and comfortable to hold. Also it is waterproof which is great it can be used in the shower, therefore easy to clean too, just rinse and go or use the clean and renew stand which leaves it smelling fresh and keeps it immaculate as new.

I tried the razor without the cooling strip which shaves amazingly but it does heat up therefore could cause the irritation so from now on I keep the cooling strip on which admittedly more than halves the battery life - you do more or less have to keep it charged daily - if you don't use the strip you can get a few days out of it - but why would you not use the strip, that's the main feature! I've noticed much less regrowth than other razors i have tried, so it is staying smoother for longer and no irritation so far. It really is a winner and I couldn't recommend it more. It IS an amazingly close shave, I would say it probably is really as good as a wet shave.

The price is an awful lot but this razor does boast to be the first of it's kind for the cooling strip which clearly works and is a revelation! For the price though it would be nice if it came with a travel case to protect it. However it is worth it of course and I do recommend this - it is of excellent quality and does what it says - this is a breakthrough for sensitive skin! Amazing! - well done Braun!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 1 Sept. 2013
Del 58 "Del 58" (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I usually get on OK with foil shavers, although II still prefer rotary heads. I have used Braun shaving products in the past, and generally they are very good, but I just can't get along with thhe CoolTech CT2cc. Firstly, it didn't give me a particularly close shave, and I found I had to apply considerably more pressure than I do with my Philips shaver. As a result of doing so, I've been plagued for day by a very uncomfortable shaving rash. The razor charges quickly, which is a bonus, but it is quite heavy and cumbersome. I also didn't find any advantage in the Cooltec ceramic cooling system, which didn't seem to feel any different from any other shaver. Given the price and results, this is not a shaver I can personally recommend. A shame, because I had expected much better from Braun, although others may find it works better for them than it did for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm impressed, 25 Aug. 2013
Benjamin (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've used a number of shavers over the years, but each time have returned to wet shaving for they either did not give a close enough shave or they caused skin irritation, or both. So I was not expecting too much from this Braun, yet I was more than pleased when it proved to provide not just a good close shave, but a very cool and fairly comfortable if a little aggressive one at that. The shaver has a very robust feel to it with a good weight, and it fits comfortably in the hand. I'm not so sure about the cleaning system that accompanies it, mainly because it requires buying new cleaning fluid every three months, although it is very efficient at cleaning the shaver so maybe it is worth it; but you can clean the shaver with water instead as long as you also lubricate the head afterwards.

I may well stick with this one, it may not be as quick as a wet shave, but it is much more convenient and a lot less fuss, and it does a good job - I'm impressed.

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice innovative shaver, 29 Aug. 2013
RJP the Book Boy "Book boy" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Braun Cool Tec electric shaver

This is a new range from Braun which uses a cooling bar to make shaving a more pleasant experience.

In the box

The shaver, head guard, brush, travel charger, at home large charger and cleaning fluid, mains charging unit (2 pin shaver socket plug fitted but no three pin adapter supplied) and instructions.

First impressions

This is a large and very well built shaver, it's quite heavy but there is a reassuring feel of quality construction and materials about it.

Charging

Here you have two options, use the small portable charging plate with the transformer or the larger charge and clean box like unit. The latter uses a cleaning cartridge to clean, kill germs and lubricate the mechanism. Charging takes about 45 minutes. Using it away from home with the cool tech on it gave me 5 days of shaving before I had to recharge it which I thought was very good.

First shave

To be honest it felt great but the shave was not that close for such an expensive unit. Initially I was disappointed with this.

It gets better

What I soon realised was that this shaver has a fixed head rather than a face hugging pivoting one like the shaver I was used to using. Some small adaptions to my shaving technique soon got me a nice cool and close shave.

Cleaning

This is accomplished by placing the shaver into the cleaning and charging unit. The unit is cleaned and charged at the same time. After running this cycle the shaver certainly seemed to free up and shave much better.

Cool Tech mechanism

You have the option to switch this on or off to save battery life. It does feel nice shaving with this on and I personally like it very much. I seem to get less razor marks with this shaver than my older one.

Overall

A nice product but quite expensive, however it is well made and does give a nice shave which is pleasant and close once you have had some practice. If they do a model with a pivoting head it would be great. Overall an excellent well made product.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good shave for a nice price !, 9 Dec. 2013
A. M. W. Reay - See all my reviews
There have been many reviews on this product already and there seems to me , to be an element of truth about this shaver in all of them. It is expensive, or rather could have been had I not bought it Amazon UK ,(Black Friday) for £80 complete with the cleaning system !
The cooling system works a treat and with my sensitive skin then a real bonus. Yes, it is heavy and the cleaning system cartridges only last a month before replacement, so wash it under the tap every other day and it will last that while longer and if you re visit Amazon you can get replacement cartridges for around £10 each.
The cleaning system works very well although the 'Bells and Whistles; of the higher spec systems with a cleaning system does make it easier to read and see what's going on rather than looking and listening to a black box. Cosmetic perhaps but lacking a nice touch.
The shaver does give a close shave although not as good as a wet shave (do any electric shavers ?) and the convenience of the shaver more than makes up for this as it is very good rather than outstanding.
At £80 which I paid (thanks Amazon) this was some £35 lower than the now cheapest price and that is lower than most if you don't shop around so over all a bargain and a good product .

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth skin and no irritations, 6 Nov. 2013
I had the opportunity to test this shaver and I would absolutely reccomend you.
My skin is very sensitive but with this shaver I had no problem. An incredibly smooth skin and, last but not least, NO irritations.
The Braun CoolTec is the first shaver with active cooling tecnology, this means you will feel an icy feeling during the shave that it will block all the irritations of the skin.
This shaver can also used under the shower and it's very easy to clean.
It's a must have for those with a sensitive skin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for sensitive skin & battery efficient, 26 Sept. 2013
White Eagle - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My boyfriend has sensitive skin & he gave me this feedback:

This shaver gives a very close shave indeed & as promised, does not irritate skin & has a cooling sensation to the skin & gives a very smooth shave. It is very impressive indeed.

Also, it charges quickly & the charge lasts a very long time comparatively (depending on how much you use). Thus an Eco-friendly product.

It has 3 different settings for different facial contours for the most close shave.

What I really love about it is that is has a cleaning & hygiene station (Clean&Charge Station) which removes bacteria very effectively & thus is a modern product & hygienic to use). Plus it fully washable with water which is good for everyday cleaning & actually can be used in the shower also (although I don't recommend this for sensitive skin as skin is more sensitive at this time).

It also has a long hair trimmer.

This is a first class shaver & I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great new alternative to my razor blade, 26 Sept. 2013
metacritic "zshamas" (West Midlands, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I mainly prefer the closer shave that a conventional shaver will give and have never really used electric shavers for some time, having not been sufficiently swayed by the closeness of the shave the last time I used one.

I got one of these to see if the experience might have got any better. Well in terms of closeness its certainly a lot better than I last remember, providing a close shave, but still not on par with conventional razor blade due to the guards protecting the blades, but nonetheless impressive. The only criticism being it doesn't always pick up the hairs on the first attempt especially on the awkward curves, so you need to go over it gain Coupled with the convenience factor of these things I am pleasantly surprised by this shaver. The cooling mechanism really is very good helping to lessen that burning sensation I inevitably feel when using these shavers.

The quality of the build shows the moment you pick it up, well up to the typical standards expected of Braun products. Easy effortless cleaning, Rechargeable definitely recommend.