Published 10 months ago by roses

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me
Published 10 months ago by Mr. L. N. Taylor

5.0 out of 5 stars A shaver with many convenient features, great for sensitive skin, 11 Sep 2013
roses (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Braun CoolTec CT2cc Electric Shaver with Active Cooling Technology and Cleaning Centre (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
From the opinion of the other half, this actually feels like a quality shaver, although heavier than usual in weight, it certainly has a lot of features going for it. It does provide a close shave and even picks out the tiniest stubble. However it struggles a little on contoured areas around the throat which could be down to the shape of the shaver. The ice feature or heat sink is a great feature for anyone with sensitive skin and can make the process of shaving less irritating. For sensitive skin the best aspect of this shaver is the alcoholic self cleaning system which also serves to lubricates for a better shave. The alcoholic wash tray lasts about a month and that is with a clean after every shave, every day. One alcoholic pack is initially supplied and replacements are also fairly affordable. The cleaning system is a breeze for anyone lazy, stick the shaver upside down in the unit, press a button and leave it to do it's thing. The only downside is that the cleaning process is a little noisy but only lasts a few minutes. The shaver does take awhile to dry but it's not a real issue if you shave at the same time everyday. The cleaning unit which also serves as a charging station is fairly bulky and not great for travelling with. But it does come with a very slimline charging caddy which can be easily packed for travelling. Unfortunately this particular model doesn't come with a travelling case. The shaver is very quick to charge, a 5 minute charge will get you one shave.

Both the shaver and charging unit feels well built, and it has been claimed that the product is designed to last 7 years which I feel is fair based on the performance so far. The shaver also comes with a cap to trim longer hair, cleaning brush and a small slide out shaver on the back for a more controlled shave. The LED lights on the shaver and charging unit looks pretty neat. I think the selling point of this shaver is the convenient features and everything about it is made for a more comfortable and closer shave especially for those with sensitive skin. There are even tips in the manual for a less irritable shave, for example shaving before washing, as the oil in the skin helps to lubricate, and you can also use this shaver in the shower as well. All the features in the shaver has been well thought out and I would recommend this for anyone looking for something that is quality and convenience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool shaver - if you get my drift, 25 Sep 2013
C. Hamer "chrisahamer" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This shaver is a bit of a smooth operator.

I'd say the shaving experience is pretty much as close as the Braun Series 5 5030s Rechargeable Male Foil Shaver that I have also had the pleasure to review, however the main difference is that this shaver has a metal bar that gets very cold in order to reduce shaving irritation.

Surprisingly, and I am surprised, this works really well, my face feel much less dry after shaving when I use this than it does with the Series 5.

The cooling bar does only work for 20-30 minutes - enough for a weeks worth of shaving before the cooling bar no longer works and the device needs to be recharged. Curiously this isn't the case for the shaving mechanism which still works fine.

Basically I think this is a brilliant innovation in shaving technology and actually does work to make shaves better! Well done Braun!

Apologies for the puns, I really couldn't help it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good shave for a nice price !, 9 Dec 2013
A. M. W. Reay - See all my reviews
There have been many reviews on this product already and there seems to me , to be an element of truth about this shaver in all of them. It is expensive, or rather could have been had I not bought it Amazon UK ,(Black Friday) for 80 complete with the cleaning system !
The cooling system works a treat and with my sensitive skin then a real bonus. Yes, it is heavy and the cleaning system cartridges only last a month before replacement, so wash it under the tap every other day and it will last that while longer and if you re visit Amazon you can get replacement cartridges for around 10 each.
The cleaning system works very well although the 'Bells and Whistles; of the higher spec systems with a cleaning system does make it easier to read and see what's going on rather than looking and listening to a black box. Cosmetic perhaps but lacking a nice touch.
The shaver does give a close shave although not as good as a wet shave (do any electric shavers ?) and the convenience of the shaver more than makes up for this as it is very good rather than outstanding.
At 80 which I paid (thanks Amazon) this was some 35 lower than the now cheapest price and that is lower than most if you don't shop around so over all a bargain and a good product .

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth skin and no irritations, 6 Nov 2013
I had the opportunity to test this shaver and I would absolutely reccomend you.
My skin is very sensitive but with this shaver I had no problem. An incredibly smooth skin and, last but not least, NO irritations.
The Braun CoolTec is the first shaver with active cooling tecnology, this means you will feel an icy feeling during the shave that it will block all the irritations of the skin.
This shaver can also used under the shower and it's very easy to clean.
It's a must have for those with a sensitive skin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for sensitive skin & battery efficient, 26 Sep 2013
White Eagle - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My boyfriend has sensitive skin & he gave me this feedback:

This shaver gives a very close shave indeed & as promised, does not irritate skin & has a cooling sensation to the skin & gives a very smooth shave. It is very impressive indeed.

Also, it charges quickly & the charge lasts a very long time comparatively (depending on how much you use). Thus an Eco-friendly product.

It has 3 different settings for different facial contours for the most close shave.

What I really love about it is that is has a cleaning & hygiene station (Clean&Charge Station) which removes bacteria very effectively & thus is a modern product & hygienic to use). Plus it fully washable with water which is good for everyday cleaning & actually can be used in the shower also (although I don't recommend this for sensitive skin as skin is more sensitive at this time).

It also has a long hair trimmer.

This is a first class shaver & I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great new alternative to my razor blade, 26 Sep 2013
Z. Shamas "zshamas" (West Midlands, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I mainly prefer the closer shave that a conventional shaver will give and have never really used electric shavers for some time, having not been sufficiently swayed by the closeness of the shave the last time I used one.

I got one of these to see if the experience might have got any better. Well in terms of closeness its certainly a lot better than I last remember, providing a close shave, but still not on par with conventional razor blade due to the guards protecting the blades, but nonetheless impressive. The only criticism being it doesn't always pick up the hairs on the first attempt especially on the awkward curves, so you need to go over it gain Coupled with the convenience factor of these things I am pleasantly surprised by this shaver. The cooling mechanism really is very good helping to lessen that burning sensation I inevitably feel when using these shavers.

The quality of the build shows the moment you pick it up, well up to the typical standards expected of Braun products. Easy effortless cleaning, Rechargeable definitely recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars EXPENSIVE BUT WORTH IT, 9 Sep 2013
Mrs. C. Swarfield - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My husband tried this out for the first time today and as a man who has always used
a manual shaver and shaved in the traditional way I was I intrigued as to what he would
make of this.

He was genuinely impressed, it is so simplistic to set up, easy to charge and does not take
long to charge - nothing like as long as it says in the instructions. I did think he took longer
to shave than usual but he was trying to achieve the same closeness as you would get shaving
the normal way. Whilst not quite achieving the same standard it was very good and he was
reallly pleased with the end result.

The case is cosmetically brilliant and looks attractive in the bathroom housing the shaver. Overall
a really good piece of kit which with Christmas on the horizon wil make a fabulous Christmas present
for a male member of the family.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 1 Sep 2013
Mr. L. N. Taylor "lntaylor3" (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I usually get on OK with foil shavers, although II still prefer rotary heads. I have used Braun shaving products in the past, and generally they are very good, but I just can't get along with thhe CoolTech CT2cc. Firstly, it didn't give me a particularly close shave, and I found I had to apply considerably more pressure than I do with my Philips shaver. As a result of doing so, I've been plagued for day by a very uncomfortable shaving rash. The razor charges quickly, which is a bonus, but it is quite heavy and cumbersome. I also didn't find any advantage in the Cooltec ceramic cooling system, which didn't seem to feel any different from any other shaver. Given the price and results, this is not a shaver I can personally recommend. A shame, because I had expected much better from Braun, although others may find it works better for them than it did for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice innovative shaver, 29 Aug 2013
Mr. Richard The book boy "Book boy" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Braun Cool Tec electric shaver

This is a new range from Braun which uses a cooling bar to make shaving a more pleasant experience.

In the box

The shaver, head guard, brush, travel charger, at home large charger and cleaning fluid, mains charging unit (2 pin shaver socket plug fitted but no three pin adapter supplied) and instructions.

First impressions

This is a large and very well built shaver, it's quite heavy but there is a reassuring feel of quality construction and materials about it.

Charging

Here you have two options, use the small portable charging plate with the transformer or the larger charge and clean box like unit. The latter uses a cleaning cartridge to clean, kill germs and lubricate the mechanism. Charging takes about 45 minutes. Using it away from home with the cool tech on it gave me 5 days of shaving before I had to recharge it which I thought was very good.

First shave

To be honest it felt great but the shave was not that close for such an expensive unit. Initially I was disappointed with this.

It gets better

What I soon realised was that this shaver has a fixed head rather than a face hugging pivoting one like the shaver I was used to using. Some small adaptions to my shaving technique soon got me a nice cool and close shave.

Cleaning

This is accomplished by placing the shaver into the cleaning and charging unit. The unit is cleaned and charged at the same time. After running this cycle the shaver certainly seemed to free up and shave much better.

Cool Tech mechanism

You have the option to switch this on or off to save battery life. It does feel nice shaving with this on and I personally like it very much. I seem to get less razor marks with this shaver than my older one.

Overall

A nice product but quite expensive, however it is well made and does give a nice shave which is pleasant and close once you have had some practice. If they do a model with a pivoting head it would be great. Overall an excellent well made product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable shave!, 25 Sep 2013
Alison "runninggirlcycling" (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Braun CoolTec is a not as close as a wet shave but electric shavers never are - compared to other electric shavers this is a great option, perfect for quick dry shaving. The results look good but don't feel quite as close as a wet shave. My husband tends to use it every other day, in-between wet shaves.

The foils are very comfortable and in conjunction with the CoolTec function it all works very well to reduce irritation and give a comfortable shave. The CoolTec works to cool a strip in-between the two cutting elements, it is noticeably cool and feels very nice indeed.

The clean and renew base is easy to use with easy to swap cleaning cartridges. The shaver charges while it is being cleaned. A very efficient system.

A very nice shaver that performs really well for a comfortable shave that is nearly as good as a wet shave. Recommended!